Barry Bannan

villianusa

The article is incredibly biased and wrong in so many places.

For example, his last game wasn't QPR it was Liverpool. He was dire in the games building up to Reading and QPR. Against these two teams we won with him having no impact on proceedings other than adding confusion for the QPR goal. The next game against Liverpool he was truly woeful. The single worst Villa performance all season if not 5 seasons. He put Suarez clean through on goal twice and his passing constantly went astray.

He hasn't been seen again since and rightly so.

That article makes me think it's anyones but Bannan's fault he's been frozen out of the club, which simply isn't true.

Yes, the fans have hounded him - but due to poor performances and continual attempts at hollywood passes. The rest of the team were playing the simple passing game, trying to retain possession but time and time again Bannan would float aimless balls to no-one.

Yes, he was dropped - but again, due to his performances being poor. Other players earned their starting roles and played well enough to retain them for the rest of the season. Why couldn't Bannan 'up his game', show more in training and force his way back into contention? Afterall, PL appears to pick teams on form and effort.

I personally think Bannan doesn't have the physical attributes to hold down a central midfield berth and his workrate doesn't compensate for his lack of physique. I agree he is technically a gifted player, but due to his position we cannot afford to carry him in a game in the hope one of his passes comes off.

He's come through the academy, which is something to be proud of for both himself and the fans but his time has come to an end.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. (IMO we should offer him as part of a deal for Will Hughes of Derby)

• Like 1

That article is well written but is just complete rubbish. I doubt Bannan's mom could have wrote something as biased as that.

Bannan hasn't failed because of Mcleish and the abuse of fans. He's failed because he isn't good enough. It really is that simple.

I think the author of that article is twitter friends with the crazy one!!

• Like 1

Why was he dropped from squad after qpr game. Was that ever revealed?

Wasn't it the Liverpool game after that where he started and played terribly. 

Also that article is rubbish. Bannan was never popular after the drink driving incident but people still supported him on the pitch. The problem is that he just isn't good enough and fans got frustrated with him making the same mistakes again and again. A similar thing is happening with Clark at the moment. Potential is great but if you don't live up to it then you are going to find yourself out of the team.

The single worst Villa performance all season if not 5 seasons. He put Suarez clean through on goal twice and his passing constantly went astray.

that the only game you saw in them 5 seasons :huh:

The single worst Villa performance all season if not 5 seasons. He put Suarez clean through on goal twice and his passing constantly went astray.

that the only game you saw in them 5 seasons :huh:

Not entitled to an opinion you disagree with?

Sorry God.

Wow. So the worst thing that can be taken from that article is that we failed to get the full potential out of Barry Bannan, written by someone who is clearly a little (if not a lot) biased towards him. Not bothered at all. The best players shine regardless of system or manager - and the world class players are so good that the systems get moulded around them, those not up to the task do not excel and do not have a system moulded around them at all. Bannan is in the latter of those categories. Great potential, just wasn't up to the task, and Aston Villa FC moves on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bannan was at Perry Barr dogs last friday, He was asked about his future at the club, he said he doesn't have one. 

Confirmed he's training with Stevens, Bent, Hutton, Ireland, Given and Delfouneso.  Says the Blackburn move is dead and that was the only team to show any firm interest. Expects to be at Villa till January at least.

Well written article but one I completely disagree with.

I@m sort of the same/

I "liked" the post because it's a good article. But I don't agree with it much.

Reads very much like Bannan was unlucky and it's due to fan criticism that he doesn't play games.

That's not the case. However you feel about Bannan, the fans disapproval of him doesn't stop Lambert picking him. That's absolute bollocks.

We should try and setup a friendly with some championship teams, albeit their season has started.

Lets play the whole bomb squad and hope one of them does well enough that someone takes an interest.

Get Sky to show it!

I'm a frickin genius!

• Like 1