Barry Bannan

villianusa

James Nursey (Mirror) reported a few weeks ago that both Banna and Delfouneso were on £20k per week.

I know, FFS.

He has to realise, duirng his more sober moments, that he can rot on £20k per week for a year, and his career will have properly stalled; or he can accept a pay cut and go to a club that want him and if he is half as good as Con says he is, he will bounce back in the future on better contracts and have a very fruitfull career.

"On Hold" now acc to local paper

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10580007.Bannan_move_on_hold__says_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

Bannan move on hold, says Blackburn Rovers boss

12:34pm Tuesday 30th July 2013 in Sport

GARY Bowyer has revealed that Blackburn Rovers’ move for Barry Bannan has been put on hold.

Rovers agreed a fee of around £500,000 with Aston Villa last week but are yet to agree personal terms for the midfielder.

Bowyer says Rovers are now considering other options, although have not completely ended their interest in Bannan.

“We had a bid and that was accepted, but we’ve not continued talks at this present moment in time,” the Rovers boss said.

“We’re exploring all options, there might be a chance it might happen, if not we have to be prepared for it not happening.

“We’ve just got to keep as many plates spinning at the moment as we possibly can.

“We have a massive list and we’re exploring all avenues at this moment but we are hopeful of bringing in certainly one or maybe two before the Derby game.”

Centre back Ian Evatt, who had trained with Rovers last week but was not offered a deal, has signed for Chesterfield.

Shocker, we will have to pay off or let their contracts run down.

Nobody is willing to take a cut, not surprised as it proves they are not worth what they are currently on and only we were mental enough to pay them it in the first place.

McShit V Houllier.....................Hard to tell who was the biggest muppet?

Do we have an update from Hairyhands? As he said "Today or Tomorrow", about a week ago...

Iirc he said something like "could be on his bike" which suggests he knew that we had accepted the offer mentioned above.

Unfortunately since then Bannan has refused the terms of their contract offer it would seem.

Typical attitude from Bannan. Doesn't want to play the game. Thinks he's too good for Blackburn and should be paid to reflect that.

Just doesn't have the attitude. Thinks he's far better than he actually is and consequently doesn't put the work in to be better.

Just doesn't have the attitude. Thinks he's far better than he actually is and consequently doesn't put the work in to be better.

would you take a pay-cut in your job?

this is going to be like Bale when Spurs tried flog him and he came back to team and developed as one of the best in the world. mark it down 2 years we be getting 100million off Real Madrid for BB

This...

I'm seeing a lot of this at the moment. Why doesn't he get realistic with his wage demands?etc etc

All the players can see the market has diminished significantly. So why would they lose the good contracts they are on? Even if they go elsewhere and get game time and be successful it is still open to debate whether they would get future contracts that are better than what they currently have.

Point is not a single person on this site would take a pay cut to join a rival company so why would they.

I get that its frustrating for us the fans but I'm sure that hasn't entered the players heads too much.

As much as I want Bannan gone it is only right & proper that he secures the best deal for both  himself & his family as is possible.

Houllier is the true guilty party here for so vastly over rating Bannan in the very first place.

I said from the first moment I clapped eyes on him that Bannan would never make the grade.

Bomb squad? More like the `Bum Squad` (Bent excepted)

If I'm not very good at it, I'd expect to be fired.

Unfortunately, my employer isn't in the business of recouping money for me.

Edited by Kwan