Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

"When I wanted to come to Liverpool, it was the first thing I thought of - playing at Anfield in front of those great fans." Was it really that bad playing in front of our fans who named him player of the year? Nob.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blatently tapped him up, it took no time to agree personal terms after a fee had been agreed. This was already arranged. Lets get in some players who do want to be here.

I know for certain he was through his agent and even where the meeting took place, I sent a message to the club and heard nothing.

Hoping Downing has a career ending injury on all limbs.

"When I wanted to come to Liverpool, it was the first thing I thought of - playing at Anfield in front of those great fans." Was it really that bad playing in front of our fans who named him player of the year? Nob.

to be fair, our fans dont cover themselves in glory a lot of the time. i sure players are sick of being booed

not that it's not deserved, but after a few games of that the players would probably start thinking "**** them, im out of here" instead of "im gonna do everything i can for these fans"

to be fair, our fans dont cover themselves in glory a lot of the time. i sure players are sick of being booed

not that it's not deserved, but after a few games of that the players would probably start thinking "**** them, im out of here" instead of "im gonna do everything i can for these fans"

We could have applauded the rocket polisher for 90 minutes each game and he still would've **** off at the earliest opportunity the ungrateful shite.

We could have applauded the rocket polisher for 90 minutes each game and he still would've **** off at the earliest opportunity the ungrateful shite.

of course he would have. sure he **** off to us as soon as he could

thats modern football

bent will be next, and people will be calling him all sorts, despite the fact that he did the exact same thing to sign for us. that's just the way it works

you need to give your best players reason to stay, not expect them to do it because of loyalty

Will be quite a reception waiting for this slightly better than average player when he comes back to VP. I spent years slagging him off before he came here, thought he was peculiarly overrated whilst he was here, and now look forward to slagging off his consistently unspectacular play in years to come.

He signed for us after Boro's relegation which is understandable. I heard him described as a 'weasel' on another site which I think sums him up perfectly.

thats modern football

bent will be next, and people will be calling him all sorts, despite the fact that he did the exact same thing to sign for us. that's just the way it works

you need to give your best players reason to stay, not expect them to do it because of loyalty

How about they give us a reason to stay and start performing week in, week out. Us backing them every week isn't going to make them stay. Wish he was still rotting at Boro and we didn't take a gamble on signing him.

How about they give us a reason to stay and start performing week in, week out. Us backing them every week isn't going to make them stay. Wish he was still rotting at Boro and we didn't take a gamble on signing him.

We got a good season out of him and made an £8m profit. Good signing.

Bye Stewart - enjoy the champions league games next season - oh wait sorry I forgot.......

Good deal for Villa and well done plop for spunking another £20m on an over rated player.

speaking to a few liverpool fans we reckon it might be Kyrgiakos as one of the potential signings. he played for mcleish in his last season for rangers, and would be one of those allowed to leave pool

Wouldn't mind him, not a bad defender, although I would prefer us to keep Cuellar :?

To be fair, the Liverpool fans hardly covered themselves in glory during the whole Roy Hodgson reign. Booing and chants.

There are ways of leaving a club and ways of leaving a club. Ashley Young conducted himself perfectly and did not disrespect the club. On the other hand Downing did precisely the opposite. I really hopes he **** up at Liverpool and 'those great fans' get on his case. What a grade A gold plated rocket polisher.

Â