Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Because our style hasn;t been that Vulver?

he IS an old fashioned Winger, beats a man and delivers, only the fact he has been playing from the right has changed him!

WOW, Hilarious play on words there

Since when has Downing's game/style been all about beating a man and whipping in a cross ?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Know funny me

when he played at boro?? delivered crosses for the likes of alfonso alves(awkward) and co

hes an out and out winger just happens that ged played him on the right and he was cutting in

we are the same side m8. i just think value for me £18m/£20m can we get better( as a squad?)

There is no chance Arsene wants him. he just isnt in there mold

someone said this before, maybe even you. explain how he isn't in their 'mold'

he can pass

he can shoot

he has pace

he can cross

he can spot a pass

?

He can`t tackle, got no aggression, hows he going to get sent off

It's all very well saying we can get better for 20m, same with the Ashley 16/17m

But where ?

Lets not forget we sold Milner for 18m (and Ireland) and that money never found us a central midfielder to fill the gaping hole it left in the side

Money is all very well in the bank, but it's what you do with it that matters. And I cannot for the life of me see which two players we'll bring in that will be even equal talent wise to Downing & Young, never mind better than them.

Maybe that's just me.

can we change the title of the thread. If he goes he will be the one im really annoyed about. Not because hes good but because he said hed play for us in the championship and now is trying to engineer a move. We bought him injured and stuck by him when he was shit. Hes had one good season and now wants out to a club who arent really a massive improvement. He more than any of the others owes us.

It's all very well saying we can get better for 20m, same with the Ashley 16/17m

But where ?

Lets not forget we sold Milner for 18m (and Ireland) and that money never found us a central midfielder to fill the gaping hole it left in the side

Money is all very well in the bank, but it's what you do with it that matters. And I cannot for the life of me see which two players we'll bring in that will be even equal talent wise to Downing & Young, never mind better than them.

Maybe that's just me.

You do talk a lot of sense ulver but we almost got relegated with both of them in the team?

i hope we do/can spend the money on some good wide players and n'zogbia would be a good start. At the end of the day neither Gabby or bent are known for there aerial ability so doesnt matter too much if he don't sign any wing wizards! ha.

i realize i am contradicting myself but where do we go from here?

Twitter rumours suggesting £15m plus a player.......That willl NOT happen. £20M minimum. We are under NO OBLIGATION to sell..Liverpool fans make me laugh.....On the one hand they are saying that Downing isn't good enough for them...then suggesting in the same sentence that he will be great for liverpool....but only for a fee of under £10m...CUCKOOO CUCKOOOO!!!!!!

I said it last week, I want Meireles. He's a very good player and Liverpool may not want him. I expect some bigger clubs than us may come in for him but we have an angle with selling them Downing. He might also want to stay in the Premiership. I honestly can't think of another player I'd want from Plop. Including Joe Cole, N'gog, Jovanovic.

It is very difficult for us to know what exactly goes on behind the scenes, but if I was the club I would be actively looking to off load him.

The club needs to get itself back on the front foot.

However, if the right offer just doesn't come in the club have no alternative.

If Stewart Downing is with us next season, he is a player to be tolerated rather than reverred.

I just can't take to these disloyal players, irrespective of how they play, I have more time for the loyal ones, who don't quite have the same talent.

Do you think if he had said that the time when asked the question "Not sure actually I want to win things and that is not looking likely at Villa" and given we were in the shit at the time and facing a relegation fight people would have applauded his honesty?

Remember what Downing said in April? He'll stay, even if we're relegated.

word removed.

I just would'nt believe a word that comes out of their mouths,even if i heard them saying it myself.

as my ole mate used to say " Love football.. hate footballers"

Â