Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

135 - Stewart Downing has completed more crosses in open play than any other player in the Premier League over the last three seasons. Whip. Courtesy of Opta

pretty impressive when he missed 3 months through injury

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes, I would be more willing to accept it if he went to Arsenal. Obviously Liverplop are a "bigger" club than us, but because they are in exactly the same competitions as us next year it would be a bit harder to take.

Arsenal's interest is good for us (if we accept the fact he was going to go to Liverplop) simply because we can now generate a price war. £22m+ and I think we'd have done "well" from the sale.

If he goes to Arsenal then it makes an Nzogbia move to plop more likely IMO

I had just realised this to but ssn say that downing would still prefer liverpool to be closer to home. I really hope we get nzog if downing goes

I know life isn't always simple but you'd think if we really are interested in signing N'Zogbia that we would try and make sure we had him signed before we let our player leave. Doesn't make any sense to do it the other way around as we could always be beaten to the player we want and then be left trying to find a sub standard replacement.

Sometimes i feel that as much as i love Villa that we tend to do things in a backwards manner!

I know life isn't always simple but you'd think if we really are interested in signing N'Zogbia that we would try and make sure we had him signed before we let our player leave. Doesn't make any sense to do it the other way around as we could always be beaten to the player we want and then be left trying to find a sub standard replacement.

Sometimes i feel that as much as i love Villa that we tend to do things in a backwards manner!

Perhaps signing Nzogbia is largely dependent upon freeing up some cash?

Perhaps signing Nzogbia is largely dependent upon freeing up some cash?

Surely Randy realises the money will be there from selling Downing? What happened to the money off Ash? The General has told us on here that players will be signed so surely we're not in such dire straits that we can't shell out £9mil for a replacement player?

I really hope we get nzog if downing goes

Really????

Yes why

Im really surprised anyone rates him enough TBH!

A very average championship level striker!

N'Zog - short for N'Zogbia..

Ngog - championship level striker

Is that who you're thinking of Nigel?

Â