Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Downing?

The whole main forum may aswell be renamed the "**** off ginger bollocks and randy, come back jimmy 'i got an fa cup medal' milner"

Totally agree with that. As for Milner yes he got better wages BUT to be a fringe player for City. I would bet his medal means **** all to him as he never got on the pitch at Wembley.

:lol:

Let's see when we next finish top 6 for 3 consecutive years. Get a higher points total than mon's last season and have 2 good cup runs.

Played Barry in the middle, top teams wanted him, signed Milner, young and downing and all signed or wanted by top teams.

He made mistakes but he's the best we've had for a long time and will be the best we'll have for a long time

He is no better than McLeish. Give McLeish the money MON had and he will do the same, although I do believe the league has got a little more competitve since MON!

Let's see when we next finish top 6 for 3 consecutive years. Get a higher points total than mon's last season and have 2 good cup runs.

Played Barry in the middle, top teams wanted him, signed Milner, young and downing and all signed or wanted by top teams.

He made mistakes but he's the best we've had for a long time and will be the best we'll have for a long time

He is no better than McLeish. Give McLeish the money MON had and he will do the same, although I do believe the league has got a little more competitve since MON!

Mc Leish and O' Neill are both motivational managers so can work with all types of players. I agree giving Mc Cleish that sort of money we would be relatively successful. Going back on to topic, it depends on what the boards ambitions are with regards to Downing. I think the best chance this year is a cup run, would Downing be an integral part of the team, probably but let's face it, we cant say stay another season Stewart and we'll try and get champions league thats not going to happen in the near future unfortunately. If we are tightening our belts, we need to cash in but absolutely no less than 20m.

You're obsessed.

I don't often agree with OnlyOne. I used to disagree with him completely now I feel he goes too far but he was spot on about MON IMO.

You're obsessed.

I don't often agree with OnlyOne. I used to disagree with him completely now I feel he goes too far but he was spot on about MON IMO.

Well you're pretty much wrong about everything villa related so that's great.

Like I said we'll see when the next time we do as well as we did during the 09/10 season is.

You're obsessed.

Like I said we'll see when the next time we do as well as we did during the 09/10 season is.

5 home wins from Nov from 14 games.....is that what your aspiring to.Thats a real way to secure season tickets.

He was a myth.

You're obsessed.

He's a world manager but a good manager. IMO, that shouldn't be disputed.

I don't think your point has too much validity, teams have got a lot stronger since imo, so even had O'Neill managed last season and next season, we'd have never reached the heights we did of 09/10 where we had a great season.

You're obsessed.

I don't think your point has too much validity, teams have got a lot stronger since imo, so even had O'Neill managed last season and next season, we'd have never reached the heights we did of 09/10 where we had a great season.

we won 8 games from 19 at home.....just can't see how that was a great season

So it seems Downing's just another Barry then

Not quite Supervillan78. He gave us a few more years in the shirt before he made it clear he wanted out. But, a move should not be made easy for him. Barry was made to play for another season because Liverpool would not match our price for him and the same should apply to last season's player of the year unless he plans to play like Yorke did at Everton to secure his "dream move". £20m and not a penny less given the current price for good English players!

You're obsessed.

How can opinions be wrong?

And MON knew this hence he left us in the lurch. He had his good points and his bad points. On balance, I was glad he left. I just haven't been overly happy with what the board have dug out to replace him!

You're obsessed.

we won 8 games from 19 at home.....just can't see how that was a great season

Because we finished with 65 points, 6th place. two wembley appearances.

I don't care where are points come. We could have won 19 home games and finished with 65 points, wouldn't have made the season any better or worse.

He sure had his flaws and he should never in a billion years ever be given that much financial control but overall, he is a good manager and it was a great season for us.

If he wants to go flog him for as much as we can and bring in N'zogbia.

That would be fine with me tbh.

This, except we buy N'Zogbia and THEN flog him.

I am wary of selling off players and then being screwed over by clubs knowing we are (a) flush with cash and (B) desperate for a replacement.

If he wants to go flog him for as much as we can and bring in N'zogbia.

That would be fine with me tbh.

This, except we buy N'Zogbia and THEN flog him.

I am wary of selling off players and then being screwed over by clubs knowing we are (a) flush with cash and (B) desperate for a replacement.

Haha, Ponky since when do we ever do that?

I agree though mate it would be the best scenario for us, just never seems to pan out that way.

Â