Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

from the majority of comments I've seen I think most people believe he is a talented young player who's already established as a decent Premier League player and potentially could be very good for us.

Is that really over-rating the player? tell me what part of that isn't true?

The establish prem player for a start.

Ive read - 'we have a real player on our hands' on more than 15 occasions. Every time he played actually.

Seriously, Ive read some ridiculous posts regarding him.

So are you saying the MAJORITY of posts state Albrighton is something he isn't? I can't really remember not, the guy has created goals and scored goals in his first full season as a Premiership Player, what is wrong with people stating that he will be a good player?

should we just simply say "won't make it" on every youngsters thread?

If they believe he wont make it then state that. people should State what you truly believe, but be prepared for ridiculous beliefs to be challenged! Top 3 youngesters in the league for example :bang:

Its just madness

I said top five actually, maybe top three.

Name me five who are better? Or three if you can think of five.

Gareth Bale

Javier Hernandez

Jack Wilshere

Daniel Sturridge

Chris Smalling

Probably are all better, yes, and I agree that people are too quick to heap praise on Albrighton, but he is hardly a million miles away from say Sturridge or Smalling now is he?

He needs to learn to play that easy ball, and not allow the enthusiasm of the Holte to over-excite him. You can't just get the ball on the half-way line and run into the corner every time you get the ball. Once he learns to have a little less predictability and a little more subtlety in his play, which will come I'm sure, he will turn into an excellent player.

He is still very raw, but unlike most 'raw' players of the Gabby/Sinclair mould, he does seem to have a little more guile about him.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, you cant just compare every youngster in the league. Smalling for example, no doubt hes a good player in his own right but hes a centre back. Hardly comparable.

Maybe what I should have said is top 5 young wingers in the league :lol:

Actually...hes is the best young winger in the league 8)

The photo is so fake there's an extra hand on the scarf! :!:

Ppl have been over this a million times, it's not extra fingers or hands, its the tassels or whatever they call them from the scarf. The quality just doesnt allow most ppl to see it.

The photo is so fake there's an extra hand on the scarf! :!:

Ppl have been over this a million times, it's not extra fingers or hands, its the tassels or whatever they call them from the scarf. The quality just doesnt allow most ppl to see it.

:winkold:

If he's staying then perhaps McCleish might play Downing wide on the left and Albrighton wide on the right?

With as it seems Gabby & Bent up top.

4-4-2 then?

All 4 were mentioned very positively in playing together

If the management team at Villa have any brains about them, they should sit down with Downing and get him to sign a new contract, if he doesn't move him on. Because next summer he will force our hands just like Ashley did this summer and cause distruption to the next summer plans. We can get a decent fee and invest in A Johnson or someone this summer, instead of waiting till next season and then just reacting as we always do.

All 4 were mentioned very positively in playing together

Good to hear MM if Big Eck can get these four playing as a unit we could be lethal up top......

I think we forget Gabby missed practically the whole of pre-season last year and boy did it show.

I just thought towards the end of the season he started to show a few glimpses of the Gabby of old.

If the management team at Villa have any brains about them, they should sit down with Downing and get him to sign a new contract, if he doesn't move him on. Because next summer he will force our hands just like Ashley did this summer and cause distruption to the next summer plans. We can get a decent fee and invest in A Johnson or someone this summer, instead of waiting till next season and then just reacting as we always do.

How will it cause disruption, it'll be far easier replacing him next year than this year, especially now Young has gone. How has Young disrupted our summer as well? we knew he was leaving pretty much november onwards.

If Downing doesn't sign a contract but stays, we will know he will leave next summer as well and will plan for that.

It was barely used together to be fair. It was okay vs Newcastle but wasn't that the only game they started together??

I think Gabby may play slightly off Bent in a flexible 4-4-2. So that if needed it becomes a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 depending on what's required.

Oops sorry.. I forgot I'm only here to make the sarnies.. Silly me!!

Â