Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure how that would help him secure a better contract....

if i were dj, i would be saying, i love the club. the fans love me. despite everyone looking to leave, i intend to stay loyal. i am your player of the year - build your team around me. nice big fat contract please, mr lerner...

I'm with Gingerlad on this one.

I bet his agent has had a word with him. It will make Villa work faster to sort out a more lucrative contract if they that think that Downing has hinted he may have to move on.

why come out and specifically say i will not be signing a contract at this point? just stay silent on the subject....

So all clubs who are interested in him know he is available and that with only two years left on his contract Villa will have to sell.

why come out and specifically say i will not be signing a contract at this point? just stay silent on the subject....

Agent has blatantly told him to do this backpeddle interview of sorts.

For either more money in a new contract or a come get me /potential move......for more money.

Notice it werent a Birmingham Mail interview..

I dont know why people worry about these things so much, if he goes he goes, so what, we'll buy a replacement and start again.

Its 99% certain that we will never win the league again with the amount of money it takes these days and I think people shold probably come to terms with that.

I support AVFC whether we're champions of Europe or in the blue square premier, people moan abuot glory hunters but are those threatening not to renew and moaning cause players want to move on not doing the same thing?

So lets get it, so far the players seemingly unwilling to sign new contracts are; Stewart Downing, Ashley Young, Brad Friedel and Nigel Reo Coker. Arguably, along with Bent our 4 best players this season. This sucks massively!

There’s part of me (and only a small part) which would take great pleasure if one of Young or Downing suddenly suffered a career ending injury and we just turned rounded and said “right well off you ****, you didn’t want to sign a new contract so don’t let the door hit you on the way out”.

Thankfully I’m not that nasty or vindictive and wouldn’t wish that on another human being, but you do sometimes think that’s what some of these players deserve.

If you take Brad Friedel, Ashley Young, Stewart Downing and Reo Coker out of our team, our squad is literally no better than any other in he prem right now. Young and Stewart are 2 parts of star trio. Fingers crossed this is just him trying to get a few extra quid on his "new contract."

Â