The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It looked like playacting but he did it for a reason. There must have been 10+ fouls on him before that incident and the ref just wasnt booking anyone. He felt the kick and rolled around to finally get the ref to take action. It even went to VAR and Fornals got booked so those Spammers can zip it. There was noone in the refs ear saying Jack simulated contact, he should be the one penalised was there? They talk about cheating, then what do you call Ogbonna holding Watkins in the box? They got away with it big time all game long. Dirty side who deserved nothing with their 2 ventures past the half way line

When you have nothing to shout home about with your team you have to try to bring down the opposition.

Seriously, what did they have to talk about in that game, how Fornals had Matt Targett on toast all day? He and the rest of them barely left their own half. They saw Jack destroying them, so they have to bring him down a peg or 2 just to feel better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It looked like playacting but he did it for a reason. There must have been 10+ fouls on him before that incident and the ref just wasnt booking anyone. He felt the kick and rolled around to finally get the ref to take action. It even went to VAR and Fornals got booked so those Spammers can zip it. There was noone in the refs ear saying Jack simulated contact, he should be the one penalised was there? They talk about cheating, then what do you call Ogbonna holding Watkins in the box? They got away with it big time all game long. Dirty side who deserved nothing with their 2 ventures past the half way line

Fornals clearly intentional swipes at him and catches his left knee. It's as clear as day. There was absolutely no intent to go for the ball. Jack did nothing wrong. He needs better protection from referees. They need to do something about the cynical fouls week in, week out before something bad happens.

• Like 1

If folk from other teams think Jack is just their to be abused, because of his mercurial talent.....they need to re-appraise their thinking......I don't expect them to be happy, but they need to understand neither are we, at constant fouling.

I can count on one hand how many times he has gone down without contact.....in all honesty, I can't remember one......but constant chipping away at him, could encourage him, sadly....an eye for an eye......

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I had to 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/02/price-jack-grealish-aston-villa-say-clubs-will-need-break-british/

Aston Villa believe Jack Grealish is worth at least £100 million which leaves any interested clubs facing the prospect of having to make the England international the most expensive British player in history to stand a chance of signing him.

Grealish has been in superb form for both Villa and England this season, and scored his fifth Premier League goal of the campaign in Monday night’s 2-1 defeat to West Ham United.

The goal meant that, together with his five assists, only Tottenham Hotspur duo Harry Kane (16) and Heung-min Son (11) have been involved in more top-flight goals so far this season.

Kane and Son are both valued at well over £100m by Spurs, while Borussia Dortmund wanted more than that figure from Manchester United for Jadon Sancho last summer.

Villa had valued Grealish at around £70m after his first season back in the Premier League, but they did not receive a single serious bid for the 25 year-old and secured him to a new five-year contract.

Advertisement
Advertisement

With the security of that deal, together with his elvatation into the England squad and the impact he is having on Premier League games, Villa now believe Grealish’s value has jumped up to at least £100m.

Grealish’s popularity has grown beyond Villa fans thanks to his appearances in an England shirt and he has earned comparisons with Paul Gascoigne and most recently Eden Hazard from Telegraph Sport columnist Jamie Carragher.

Gareth Bale remains the most expensive British footballer after his £89m switch to Real Madrid in 2013, while central defender Harry Maguire cost Manchester United £80m in 2018.

Barring an unexpected ridiculous offer, there is no chance of Grealish leaving Villa in January and the club still believe they can convince him to stay next summer if they can enjoy a good season.

Villa’s wealthy owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens are under no pressure to cash in on Grealish and have proved their ambition with expensive raids into the transfer market during the last two summer windows.

But Villa will know they could face a battle to keep Grealish next summer if they again finish in the bottom half of the Premier League, with the player eager to keep progressing.

Premier League 2020/21 latest standings (top 10)

English Premier League

Team P W D L GD Pts
1 Tottenham Hotspur 10 6 3 1 12 21
2 Liverpool 10 6 3 1 5 21
3 Chelsea 10 5 4 1 12 19
4 Leicester City 10 6 0 4 5 18
5 West Ham United 10 5 2 3 6 17
6 Southampton 10 5 2 3 3 17
7 Wolverhampton Wanderers 10 5 2 3 0 17
8 Everton 10 5 1 4 2 16
9 Manchester United 9 5 1 3 0 16
10 Aston Villa 9 5 0 4 7 15

Interest in him could also stretch beyond the Premier League and clubs such as United and Manchester City if he does well at the European Championships with England.

Comparing Grealish to Hazard, who moved from Chelsea to Real Madrid for £130m in 2019, Carragher said: “Another player I do want to compare him to, because of the position he plays, is Eden Hazard. In this left side of a front three, he's got a similar sort of build, powerful legs, backside as well.

"How many times did we see Eden Hazard release that burst of pace? He's probably a bit quicker than we give him credit for. He's different in that position, he's not Sterling, Mane, Salah who's going to make penetrating runs all the time in behind, he's going to come to feet more often than not. When he's running at people, it's round the edge of the box.”

The Telegraph values your comments but kindly requests all posts are on topic, constructive and respectful. Please review our commenting policy.
Show comments

I was right, now where's my money.

What a waste of time that article is. 

The game is getting dirtier and dirtier and unfortunately we have since the championship been forced into the dark world of it just to stay in this league. 

Nine times out of ten Grealish would of passed his men and gone onto strike at goal, yet those nine times out of ten he was took down and told by opposition and there fans he was diving, yeah okay piss off you Knob Jockeys.

It absolutely annoys me that when it comes to cheating F's that when it's done to them that they act all innocent and complain, now they know what it feels like.

Hows about let Jack play his game and you wont have the like of Rahma be wwe speared across the pitch away from officials eyes. That's what it feels like we have had to do, bend the rules to suit the way that others have played at us.

All this sportsmanship talk when Maradona passed away was exactly what has been wrong with football for a long time, theres to many cheating gits on the pitch and officials do not want to do anything about it. Why dont officials want to do anything about it, because it adds spark, drama and excitement for fans. Although its unfare it is also getting worse cheating is because pressure to do well for a manager or coach has been known for a long time. I forgot who it was but a story came out when we was a championship side and it was all about a few ex players who recalled there manager before games, half times telling them to do whatever they could do to there opposition, just dont get caught.

Yes theres a dark world under the play on the pitch and you can throw conspiracy all you like to me, but the truth is you can see it if you look hard enough at the way the game is.

I can dream a future representation of football where touchlines are set on fire, players use all sorts of dirty tools and acts to do each other in. Managers and staff fight all game long while there is an increase in jobs for medical personnel, each team has a shaolin soccer monk on there side and there are traps that open up on the pitch with spikes, Var decides death penaltys, and officials have to be subbed because they get battered all over. On that day we shall see the return of fencing but electric fencing to stop fans being electrocuted and the game as we know football will be renamed  BloodBall.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

The game is getting dirtier and dirtier and unfortunately we have since the championship been forced into the dark world of it just to stay in this league. 

Nine times out of ten Grealish would of passed his men and gone onto strike at goal, yet those nine times out of ten he was took down and told by opposition and there fans he was diving, yeah okay piss off you Knob Jockeys.

It absolutely annoys me that when it comes to cheating F's that when it's done to them that they act all innocent and complain, now they know what it feels like.

Hows about let Jack play his game and you wont have the like of Rahma be wwe speared across the pitch away from officials eyes. That's what it feels like we have had to do, bend the rules to suit the way that others have played at us.

All this sportsmanship talk when Maradona passed away was exactly what has been wrong with football for a long time, theres to many cheating gits on the pitch and officials do not want to do anything about it. Why dont officials want to do anything about it, because it adds spark, drama and excitement for fans. Although its unfare it is also getting worse cheating is because pressure to do well for a manager or coach has been known for a long time. I forgot who it was but a story came out when we was a championship side and it was all about a few ex players who recalled there manager before games, half times telling them to do whatever they could do to there opposition, just dont get caught.

Yes theres a dark world under the play on the pitch and you can throw conspiracy all you like to me, but the truth is you can see it if you look hard enough at the way the game is.

I can dream a future representation of football where touchlines are set on fire, players use all sorts of dirty tools and acts to do each other in. Managers and staff fight all game long while there is an increase in jobs for medical personnel, each team has a shaolin soccer monk on there side and there are traps that open up on the pitch with spikes, Var decides death penaltys, and officials have to be subbed because they get battered all over. On that day we shall see the return of fencing but electric fencing to stop fans being electrocuted and the game as we know football will be renamed  

I think you've been watching too many Jason Statham films. 

Just now, Stratvillan said:

I think you've been watching too many Jason Statham films. 

I dont think so hes not done that film yet, no one has, I might get Tom cruise for it as well as statham he likes his stunts at his age 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Christopher Walken as VAR official at Stockley Park?

See we have vision here, Villtalk community directing a football film together I like, lets take it to Disney, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool who plays the referee.. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Love the fact that you think this is a Disney film!

They will allow it when they know that so many stars are being brought together to make the most expensive film in history. That and that Sylvester Stallone has broke out from prison to reprise his escape to Victory role as the best keeper the sport has ever seen.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Dave-R said:

See we have vision here, Villtalk community directing a football film together I like, lets take it to Disney, Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool who plays the referee.. 🤣

The peadophile out of Con Air would make a decent right back

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The peadophile out of Con Air would make a decent right back

And a bit of John Malkovich aka Syrus the Virus as a Pundit with Danny trejo AKA Jonny 23.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

I heard Arnie is interested in playing a Leeds midfielder from their glory days.

He said "I'll be Bakke".

🤣

Edited by Follyfoot

COVID SHAME 

Aston Villa stars Jack Grealish and Ross Barkley break strict coronavirus rules with day of partying in London 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13395786/jack-grealish-ross-barkley-break-coronavirus-rules-partying-london/amp/  

Grealish lives in Barnet Green thats in Tier 2 and Barkley lives in a Tier 2 area, They go to restaurant in a Tier 2 area!.. What's the story apart from the scum after click bait?..

Edited by Kingman

An Aston Villa spokesperson said: "Having reviewed footage forwarded to us on Saturday, it appears as though two of our players who live in Tier 2 areas of the country were eating in a restaurant in a tier 2 location on Saturday afternoon during a weekend off. They left the restaurant at 7.45pm."

Nice non story from that shithouse paper. 

• Like 1

Â