The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s more about the laughable general theme of the thread.

”stuck on the bench” after he just finished 90 minutes.

Stuck at the club / nobody will want him / 3 out of 10 / only training with good players and that’s just this page*.

Its like a drunk, bitter ex ranting on Facebook. 

*damn page break :lol: 

I know what you mean, but think that's a bit unfair. Loads of non-Villa fans are saying similar things. He hasn't set the world alight.

Nornally when a player leaves and you say things like he wont be the same player for them and pep football will not suit him its kind of sour grapes. 

But in this instance its totally true. Many of us called it . And only him ( " i thought i would get lots more goals and assists ) couldnt see it . 

And while he is adjusting to being a cog rather than a star his star will stop shining . 

And just as i am writing this Shearer is saying the same 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'd rate Jack 3/10 for that game.

Lowest score of any City player on the BBC website.

When he was at Villa he was No1 by a country mile. The management cut him some slack and he flourished under Dean but seeing him for City tonight it's almost like he has list all his natural confidence. He looks like an imitation of himself currently.

It will be interesting if Pep can get him back to his Villa levels but you can bet your life if he can't they will be looking for the new bright star to replace him and they will spit Jack back out again 

Just now, KentVillan said:

I know what you mean, but think that's a bit unfair. Loads of non-Villa fans are saying similar things. He hasn't set the world alight.

I’d agree with that, but not a lot of the silly things people say in here about him. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Nornally when a player leaves and you say things like he wont be the same player for them and pep football will not suit him its kind of sour grapes. 

But in this instance its totally true. Many of us called it . And only him ( " i thought i would get lots more goals and assists ) couldnt see it . 

And while he is adjusting to being a cog rather than a star his star will stop shining . 

I know his agency will be count the coin but you do wonder if deep down they are questioning if it was the right move for their star man. I suppose it might be a bit too soon for that.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Shearer and McCoist blaming jack being too safe. This is not the case, this is how Pep wants him to play, unselfish. If Grealish starts taking on players when there are 3 man City players looking for a pass, he won't be happy. Same if he goes for goal and misses, players will be on his back they were waiting for the pass.

• Like 1

Just now, mykeyb said:

I know his agency will be count the coin but you do wonder if deep down they are questioning if it was the right move for their star man. I suppose it might be a bit too soon for that.

Yep. Out of the 4 interested parties in this transfer its the agency that has only won on every level. 

Villa have lost their talisman but gained 100 mill which wasnt spent well 

City have spent 100 million that they could afford but not got the superstar that they thought they would get to advance them commerically . A year of him playing like this and the public will move on quickly. 

And Jack has lost his star position in a team that was built to make the most of his unique skill set. As i said he is just a cog now . 

I dont think that being signed for 100 million and going to one of the best teams on the planet was something that Jack would have ever questioned. Because he doesnt have the brain for it . 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

They are literally having this exact same discussion on the TV right now. Only difference is nobody has suggested that it's down to Pep's instructions.

Which it clearly is. First two games against Leicester and Spurs he was driving at them taking into the box, winning freekicks. Slowly over the season his risk factor has been removed and he won't take anyone on or try and risky pass if there's a simple backwards pass on.

What a way to ruin one of the most entertaining players I have ever seen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Shearer and McCoist blaming jack being too safe. This is not the case, this is how Pep wants him to play, unselfish. If Grealish starts taking on players when there are 3 man City players looking for a pass, he won't be happy. Same if he goes for goal and misses, players will be on his back they were waiting for the pass.

Its like he is on baby reins . And its Peps system to blame. Totally. They bore me to death. Zero counter attacking  . They do strangle the life out of a game . Pass pass pass . Even compared to 5 years ago they were watchable with de bruyne long range passes and shooting. None of that now. 90 minutes of training type play. He is as anti football as good old long ball in my opinion . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Regardless of absolutely everything else, he does look bored on the pitch for City

I get bored watching them tbf. Can't remember a more soulless top team. I'd forgive it if they were ruthlessly efficient, but they consistently bottle the CL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its like he is on baby reins . And its Peps system to blame. Totally. They bore me to death. Zero counter attacking  . They do strangle the life out of a game . Pass pass pass . Even compared to 5 years ago they were watchable with de bruyne long range passes and shooting. None of that now. 90 minutes of training type play. He is as anti football as good old long ball in my opinion . 

If that's anti-football, I wouldn't mind the Villa playing it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

If that's anti-football, I wouldn't mind the Villa playing it.

Its wierd. I associate football with excitemenr. I know that they are technically brilliant . I know they have brilliant players but its just so souless as the previous poster put it. Thats why we take the piss out of their shit support..theres no roar when they score because theres no exciting build up. A stretched game gives excitement. They do it all in a phone box

• Like 1

Yeah there is no excitement with City. There's not a single player that when they get the ball the crowd stand up in anticipation to what they are about to do.

I remember the Holte End standing up every time Ashley Young used to get the ball and he was 1 v 1 against the defender out wide, same with Grealish. They just don't have that.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

They are literally having this exact same discussion on the TV right now. Only difference is nobody has suggested that it's down to Pep's instructions.

His sharpness and movement is very poor. He’s not spinning and moving the back line like others in the team are doing. It just wants it at feet and then passes it on. Again early days and he has to adapt but at the moment it feels like we are saying this after every game. 

27 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its wierd. I associate football with excitemenr. I know that they are technically brilliant . I know they have brilliant players but its just so souless as the previous poster put it. Thats why we take the piss out of their shit support..theres no roar when they score because theres no exciting build up. A stretched game gives excitement. They do it all in a phone box

“Soulless” is the perfect word for city as a club and as a team. There’s nothing authentic left in the club infrastructure and there’s nothing in the team that evokes any kind of spontaneity or joy. It’s just a soulless money consuming, winning machine. If football was run by AI it wouldn’t look that different to city

3 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

“Soulless” is the perfect word for city as a club and as a team. There’s nothing authentic left in the club infrastructure and there’s nothing in the team that evokes any kind of spontaneity or joy. It’s just a soulless money consuming, winning machine. If football was run by AI it wouldn’t look that different to city

Like watching a ballet every week rather than Die Hard. Shit analogy but you get my drift ! 

Guardiola is suffocating the unpredictability of Grealish. He doesn’t run with the ball, he doesn’t take people on that much, he barely does anything except receive it on the edge of the box and pass it back to the fullback.

Terrible move for him so far, but at least he’ll get a PL winners medal. 🤨

• Like 2

Â