The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Why would you want Jack to have a release clause?

One that scares em off hopefully and protection against a poor league position finish this year🤞

He doesn't want to go and we can afford to keep him whatever happens.

I think we are much better run as a club now and we will hopefully have something in place that benefits the club above all else.

Do you think its better that he doesn't have a release clause?

14 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Trust me, there isn't always a clause.

I personally doubt there is a release clause. Its the kind of thing you need when your relationship with a club is very much different to the one Jack has with Villa. If the situation arises where his departure is fair for both club and player then the deal will be thrashed out. Let's hope that situation doesn't materialise any time soon or indeed ever! 

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

The only discussion would be: piss off hes still under contract.

Exactly why would we sell in the middle of the season and risk us falling outside of the top 10. No if we are going to sell jack it would be in the summer probably the season after when more of the big clubs can afford to offer big fees. 110 should be the starting bid and we should be aiming to get it all the way up to 230 and have Jack be the record player. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Why would you want Jack to have a release clause?

Because you set an absolutely ridiculous fee. It gives both the player and the club protection. If the club start failing the player can get out but the club can point to the release clause and go only for that amount. If there is a release clause it will be north of 200 million. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Because you set an absolutely ridiculous fee. It gives both the player and the club protection. If the club start failing the player can get out but the club can point to the release clause and go only for that amount. If there is a release clause it will be north of 200 million. 

No way would Jack and his agent have signed a contract with a 200 mil release clause. Thats just insane. 

Just now, One For The Road said:

No way would Jack and his agent have signed a contract with a 200 mil release clause. Thats just insane. 

De Ligt signed a release clause over 200 million. And Jack's value is exponentially increasing. Anything less than 150 mil would be robbing us blind. 

• Like 2

From SHA:

"How are they picking Greasy over Jude .....!!!"

Wtf. I mean surely they can't seriously be suggesting that Grealish, who has been tearing up the Prem for 2 seasons and getting MOTM each time he plays for England, should be dropped from the side for an unproven 17 year old?

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Obviously. Of course it is. What a strange question to ask a Villa fan. 

😂

You seem to be an expert in these matters.

I'm merely expressing my point of view, its not so strange that people might have a different opinion to yours.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

De Ligt signed a release clause over 200 million. And Jack's value is exponentially increasing. Anything less than 150 mil would be robbing us blind. 

It protects the club but not the player. Players want LOW release clauses not high ones. If there IS a release clause it'd be around 80 mil and it would have been negotiated down by Jack's agent.

But I don't believe there is one. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

😂

You seem to be an expert in these matters.

I'm merely expressing my point of view, its not so strange that people might have a different opinion to yours.

Well I do a lot of work with agents and work with top clubs all over Europe so whilst I am not an "expert", I do know some stuff yes.

And I merely asked you a question, which you still haven't answered. 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

It protects the club but not the player. Players want LOW release clauses not high ones. If there IS a release clause it'd be around 80 mil and it would have been negotiated down by Jack's agent.

But I don't believe there is one. 

Release clauses protect the players as well. We could just refuse to sell him if he didn't have a release clause even if it is really high. 

Just now, One For The Road said:

Well I do a lot of work with agents and work with top clubs all over Europe so whilst I am not an "expert", I do know some stuff yes.

You work with top clubs all over Europe but you no expert, get me in as well if you can son.

• Like 1

Â