The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

In our last game he had more than double the amount of shots anyone else on our team had. 

His pass accuracy was also better than anyone else. 

I don't think you watched it. 

Seen as we had no shots on target, i wouldn't make a point of well....making that point. Zero end product to his game, his game has stagnated. Still playing boys football at senior level, it's showing.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Seen as we had no shots on target, i wouldn't make a point of well....making that point. Zero end product to his game, his game has stagnated. Still playing boys football at senior level, it's showing.

The post asked him to shoot or pass it to someone else. Hinting that he does neither. 

He shot lots more than anyone else and kept the ball better as well. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The post asked him to shoot or pass it to someone else. Hinting that he does neither. 

He shot lots more than anyone else and kept the ball better as well. 

He was an advanced midfielder - it's his job to shot, preferably working the goalkeeper.

Ashley Westwood also keeps the ball-he's utter shite though. I'd take John swift over grealish in a heartbeat.

Not sure how relevant his recent antics are tbh. I used to work a certain club in the 70's and used to see both Villa and Baggies first teamers there the night before a match, absolutely mullered. I remember a certain future England captain being half-carried out on more than one occasion, then putting in a totally effortless shift the next day.

I just think Jack might not be quite the 'wonder kid' some would have us believe. Good, yes, but just not great.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AValon said:

Not sure how relevant his recent antics are tbh. I used to work a certain club in the 70's and used to see both Villa and Baggies first teamers there the night before a match, absolutely mullered. I remember a certain future England captain being half-carried out on more than one occasion, then putting in a totally effortless shift the next day.

I just think Jack might not be quite the 'wonder kid' some would have us believe. Good, yes, but just not great.

In the 70s the opposition were at it too. A player from the 70s wouldn't last two minutes in this day n age.

• Like 4

Storm in a tea cup imo! Outside work time enjoying himself....how dare he!!! Why is he not allowed to have a drink or enjoy himself? 

Apparently the hotel complained direct to the club, my guess is it's a case of "we know you weren't trashing a room like a rockstar but we have to publicly tell you off to show we've followed up the complaint"

blown out of proportion by the media and some on here. The kid had a party in a hotel room and caused a bit too much noise.....so what? Surely he is actually allowed to enjoy himself? Or are the players on 24hr call?

like the story when he was pissed ON HIS HOLIDAYS!!! How dare he get leathered while on holiday with his mates!?!?

6 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

Storm in a tea cup imo! Outside work time enjoying himself....how dare he!!! Why is he not allowed to have a drink or enjoy himself? 

Apparently the hotel complained direct to the club, my guess is it's a case of "we know you weren't trashing a room like a rockstar but we have to publicly tell you off to show we've followed up the complaint"

blown out of proportion by the media and some on here. The kid had a party in a hotel room and caused a bit too much noise.....so what? Surely he is actually allowed to enjoy himself? Or are the players on 24hr call?

like the story when he was pissed ON HIS HOLIDAYS!!! How dare he get leathered while on holiday with his mates!?!?

Totally missing the point. He represents Aston Villa - a world renowned football club. He has thousands of young kids that look up to him and see him as a hero.  This is the third idiotic incident in the space of a year and a half when he is still way way off being the finished article. He isn't even that good.  

Personally couldn't give a shit if the club sacked him. He clearly isn't going to learn or appriecate what a privilege position he is in one that thousands dream of. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Totally missing the point. He represents Aston Villa - a world renowned football club. He has thousands of young kids that look up to him and see him as a hero.  This is the third idiotic incident in the space of a year and a half when he is still way way off being the finished article. He isn't even that good.  

Personally couldn't give a shit if the club sacked him. He clearly isn't going to learn or appriecate what a privilege position he is in one that thousands dream of. 

I hear you mate, but I think your missing my point...

thats like you working for Google (a world renowned mega company) and them telling you that you can't get pissed on your day off because you may cast a bad light on the company? 

Yes kids look up to him, but it should be when he's on the pitch. So if he goes to a bar for a pint with his dad, will the kids think "Jack drinks beer...lets do it" if that's the case then what a sorry state of affairs.

what exactly has he done wrong? If he gets grief for having a party with his mates in his time off then I can only say, what a shite situation to be in!

yes he is in a great position doing what only we can dream of, but he IS still allowed to have a life and enjoy himself in his free time. 

Same as us all, do what you want in your free time just as long as your fit for work on Monday morning. 

He didn't ask for an audience to show the world, just trying to mind his own and have a good time....thus why it was out the way in a hotel room and not in a bar in Brindley Place

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

thats like you working for Google (a world renowned mega company) and them telling you that you can't get pissed on your day off because you may cast a bad light on the company? 

Yes kids look up to him, but it should be when he's on the pitch. So if he goes to a bar for a pint with his dad, will the kids think "Jack drinks beer...lets do it" if that's the case then what a sorry state of affairs.

what exactly has he done wrong? If he gets grief for having a party with his mates in his time off then I can only say, what a shite situation to be in!

yes he is in a great position doing what only we can dream of, but he IS still allowed to have a life and enjoy himself in his free time. 

Same as us all, do what you want in your free time just as long as your fit for work on Monday morning. 

He didn't ask for an audience to show the world, just trying to mind his own and have a good time....thus why it was out the way in a hotel room and not in a bar in Brindley Place

He is not just getting pissed though is he when police are involved and the club are fining him or dropping him.  He needs to calm down. 

In fact he shouldn't even be drinking during the season! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If Villa are serious about getting back to the Premier League we need rid of players like Grealish his attitude hasn't been good enough off the field ,Villa are trying to change the culture of the club  which for the last 5 years has become a laughing stock which the attitude of certain players like gabby  ,lescott etc have been a major problem of why we are where we are ,we need the right type of players at the club and Grealish young or not villa fan or not needs to go this has happened on a number of occasions and is simply not good enough 

1 hour ago, wiggyrichard said:

That's hardly a fair comparison, is it? There's umpteen people working for Google in some way or another. Those in top positions and known to the world-wide public (whoever they might be) would gain the attention of any click-bait media whenever they put a foot wrong, and they must know it - and act accordingly. Their average Joe wouldn't attract any attention at all, even though he might be absolutely brilliant at his job.

In those terms, Jack is one of the top (well, in the top 20 or thereabouts) employees at a well-known company trying to cope with a media circus. He's not an average young adult.

I wouldn't say he's in a shit situation. But if he makes the wrong decisions, it may be. His choice.

I agree that he should be allowed to have a life and enjoy himself  in his free time. But he has chosen a profession that limits his freedom during the season, both in terms of not attracting unwanted media attention and in terms of being able to perform at the top of his ability.

A professional footballer should be allowed to do what he wants in his free time as long as he's fit for work on Monday morning? Really? I mean: REALLY?

Edited by TB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is not just getting pissed though is he when police are involved and the club are fining him or dropping him.  He needs to calm down. 

In fact he shouldn't even be drinking during the season! 

Read the article again...let me know where it says he was pissed or where it says he was doing something that involved the police...

we don't even know if he had a drink

its a horrible piece of journalism 

• Like 2

And it's good to know the brum Mail contacted Ian Holloway to ask him his opinion...

another headline from someone with no association with the club who hasn't got a clue as going on

imho the club has failed again not so much in controlling grealish but in controlling a fairly nothing story snow balling in to something which is out of proportion 

• Like 2

Can't get my head around why people expect pro footballers to live a nuns life!?!?

the fact that people expect them not to go out and enjoy their life like everyone else in the world is entitled to do is completely barmy!!!

do some on here actually realise what they're expecting?? Your saying that because he's a pro footballer he's not allowed to enjoy his free time with a beer? He's not allowed to go on holiday in the close season with his mates and get leathered? He's meant to be on duty representing the club 24hrs a day 365 days a year?

thats absolutely ridiculous!!! And the people saying he should be sacked etc. need to wake up!! Long and short of it is that he's had some beers in a hotel room with some mates IN HIS FREE TIME and caused too much noise!!!

he works, pays his tax and NI and can enjoy his time off like the rest of us. Can't see what's so hard about that?

if you think he's not allowed to enjoy himself because he's a footballer who gets paid well and should always be on duty......you need to take your head out your arse!!!

2 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

Can't get my head around why people expect pro footballers to live a nuns life!?!?

the fact that people expect them not to go out and enjoy their life like everyone else in the world is entitled to do is completely barmy!!!

do some on here actually realise what they're expecting?? Your saying that because he's a pro footballer he's not allowed to enjoy his free time with a beer? He's not allowed to go on holiday in the close season with his mates and get leathered? He's meant to be on duty representing the club 24hrs a day 365 days a year?

thats absolutely ridiculous!!! And the people saying he should be sacked etc. need to wake up!! Long and short of it is that he's had some beers in a hotel room with some mates IN HIS FREE TIME and caused too much noise!!!

he works, pays his tax and NI and can enjoy his time off like the rest of us. Can't see what's so hard about that?

if you think he's not allowed to enjoy himself because he's a footballer who gets paid well and should always be on duty......you need to take your head out your arse!!!

I'm expecting him to be acting as the professional he's supposed to be. At least during the season, but preferably for the remainder of his time with Villa.

23 minutes ago, TB said:

That's hardly a fair comparison, is it? There's umpteen people working for Google in some way or another. Those in top positions and known to the world-wide public (whoever they might be) would gain the attention of any click-bait media whenever they put a foot wrong, and they must know it - and act accordingly. Their average Joe wouldn't attract any attention at all, even though he might be absolutely brilliant at his job.

In those terms, Jack is one of the top (well, in the top 20 or thereabouts) employees at a well-known company trying to cope with a media circus. He's not an average young adult.

I wouldn't say he's in a shit situation. But if he makes the wrong decisions, it may be. His choice.

I agree that he should be allowed to have a life and enjoy himself  in his free time. But he has chosen a profession that limits his freedom during the season, both in terms of not attracting unwanted media attention and in terms of being able to perform at the top of his ability.

A professional footballer should be allowed to do what he wants in his free time as long as he's fit for work on Monday morning? Really? I mean: REALLY?

Fair do my friend, didn't word that correctly!

in the context that if he's given time off, as long as he reports back for duty alcohol free and ready to train etc. I don't see what the issue is?

i still ask the question, what exactly has he done wrong? 

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And it's good to know the brum Mail contacted Ian Holloway to ask him his opinion...

another headline from someone with no association with the club who hasn't got a clue as going on

imho the club has failed again not so much in controlling grealish but in controlling a fairly nothing story snow balling in to something which is out of proportion 

Bravo sir :cheers:

11 minutes ago, TB said:

I'm expecting him to be acting as the professional he's supposed to be. At least during the season, but preferably for the remainder of his time with Villa.

So by that you expect him to not have a drink etc. Until next summer once the seasons over??

you do realise law states people are allowed time off from work? Surly you don't really expect ALL footballers not to have a drink or night out and be in bed for 10pm throughout the season???

Â