The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Why does he need to say anything? Jack has an unwanted headline in 2 newspapers, Xia now has an open public tweet

if he wants to reach out to Jack Grealish then go do it, if he wants to reach out to millions of people on social media and paint himself as a Samaritan then tweet

Xia being Xia did the latter

See my changes above and tell me if it is any different

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't have a problem with either. But surely you can see a difference between an out of work pundit getting his name out there and the man who employs jack and owns the club he plays for. 

Yes.  one is a pundit and one is the employer of grealish.  I have a problem with Collymore doing it I have a bigger problem with Xia doing it and pre-empting / pre-judging an internal investigation into an employee's behaviour.  Totally wrong of Xia and It is amazing he is being supported to make the comments,  seems he can literally do no wrong

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

So as a footballer you're not every allowed a bit of fun ever?  Players usually get the day following a match off.  There's no evidence to suggest he was even wasted anyway.

This is why I hate football of today, cannot relate to the players at all.  They've all been turned into footballing robots.  This is shown by their inability to hold a basic conversation in English.

if he was seen in a bar/club it wouldn't have made headlines. However, the party he hosted had to be ejected from a hotel due to unruly behavior of the guests.

• Like 1

Jack is one of my favourite players and I think he is extremely talented. I’ve also spoken to his brother numerous times on here and on twitter and got a lot of time for him.  However, Jack needs a mentality change and to surround himself with better people. It’s all well and good saying he is a young land and he should be able to enjoy himself but he should not be involved in a night out where the police have to be called in. More importantly he is a professional athlete.  You could maybe get away with partying and living that lifestyle 20 years ago but not now. Every inch is important in this day and age. You have to be at peak mental and physical fitness. I know plenty of players who have said that they won’t drink whilst they play professional football as they can enjoy themselves when they retire.

Saying all that I get that the above is all based on rumours and comments from the manager. So let’s wait to for the investigation to finish.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Totally wrong of Xia and It is amazing he is being supported to make the comments,  seems he can literally do no wrong

Ever since he slated the players on twitter, I've thought he was a complete moron tbh. And while I have zero time really for jack grealish, my patience with the Dr is also waring thin. Doing a lot more damage than good with his twitter nonsense.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Richard said:

See my changes above and tell me if it is any different

I agree

Said in my earlier post I thought the club handled it very badly last time and I think they're in danger of doing the same now, last time his form slumped dramatically

For our owner to come out comment before the investigation, even if he's trying to be inspirational rather than critical, really doesn't help

I was hoping to see a headline of Dr Tony tells the daily mail to stick their nothing story up their ass 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Because chilling out with some mates after a match when you have ages until the next one is really going to effect if the club is going to succeed or not?

This is a non story. You're all outraged about nothing.

No, but continuing with this culture where by the players seem to think they can do what they want will.

You're looking at the incident in isolation. 

I for one am looking and thinking, ffs, are we ever going to go a period of time where it runs smoothy, outside closed doors if not within them.

Also, 'chilling out with your mates' seems a bit of a leniant way to describe an incident that leads you to be investigated by your club. :detect:

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I've also lost count of the times ppl have responded to such news by saying 'nothing to see here' etc only for it then to be followed by the player being disciplined by the club.

and happening again

12 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Because chilling out with some mates after a match when you have ages until the next one is really going to effect if the club is going to succeed or not?

I am not outraged. In fact I am just dissapointed and not really surprised. It's the fact he keeps putting himself in these positions which is the concerning thing. Kid has been warned before,and fined...and yet here we are again. He either doesn't give a **** or he is thick as shit. More than likely both. 

...and again we are a team struggling. We are not top of the league....so he really should expect a backlash. People are not happy. We haven't been for 5 years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Related to this...

...did anyone see the Gareth Barry interview on (I think) Football Focus in the "build up" to his 600th PL game?  I have no idea what question was asked or how it got on to the subject, but he basically said football has changed to such an extent that going out at all is ill advised.  He used to have a couple of beers after games (implied when at Villa) but all that changed when the level of professionalism needed in football stepped up several notches - partly due to better athletes, partly to the focus on social media, I guess.  He used to be a young player enjoying beers after games, now he's an experienced player advising young players at Everton to avoid this entirely.  That's just a couple of beers - let alone going to a party.

It's obviously hard for players like Grealish who have been in the media a lot anyway (England vs. Ireland etc), are young and want to enjoy being with their mates, but he's probably going to be forced to make a decision very swiftly.  Try and improve as much as possible as a footballer including a lifestyle change or stick around the lower leagues and drop out the game young but retain the lifestyle.

Well if and when the Club say he has done something wrong I will be as critical of him as anyone.

But unless and until that happens I will reserve my critical feelings for anyone that condemns or otherwise a player after a 'story' in the Mail, a publication which really should be beneath any thinking persons contempt.

As for the Doctor, whether this time or another time, eventually his unguarded comments are going to cause a major problem.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well if and when the Club say he has done something wrong I will be as critical of him as anyone.

But unless and until that happens I will reserve my critical feelings for anyone that condemns or otherwise a player after a 'story' in the Mail, a publication which really should be beneath any thinking persons contempt.

As for the Doctor, whether this time or another time, eventually his unguarded comments are going to cause a major problem.

Di Matteo has basically confirmed there is some truth to the story (maybe not on laughing gas which is basically harmless, but that he was there).

"Unfortunately it has happened again. We expect our players to behave in a professional manner at all times, so it is something that we don't tolerate," added Di Matteo.

"It's important that he understands what he has, and he needs to grow up very quickly."

Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37438851

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

I do t think he needs to do it through the media. He could have reached out in other ways.

You might say it's splitting hairs but he didn't, he did so via Twitter. Now granted that is in the public domain but it's not 'the media', Sure the media have picked up on it and perhaps he knew or should have known they would but I honestly don't think that was his attention, Stan hardly needs to raise his media profile and wouldn't do on the back of Jack.

I honestly think he was genuinely trying to help, I also believe he has tried to do the same more generally through the club with young players and has tried to reach out to certain people directly. 

I think Collymore though a little misguided at times really does care about the club and the likes of Jack, personally I'd like to see him some sort of capacity with the club because I think people could learn from him, his mistakes and experiences. We should tap into that.

• Like 3

I have seen RDM's comments, (which include reference to the fact that the investigation is ongoing) and I have seen the comments made by fans before RDM had said anything at all.

As I say, once the Club punish him (if they do) fair enough.  

I'm far more concerned about us not winning games rather than if Jack Grealish has a few drinks and a go on some "hippy crack", which is as dangerous as spinning around really fast and feeling dizzy for 5 seconds. 

I can't bring myself to care about this one tiny little bit right now. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Â