The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Tonev has yet to find his feet but he is of a completely different standard - 5 years older, 100+ first team apperances and 15 full international caps

He really isn't...

So an 18 year old kid whose yet to set foot on a PL pitch is the same standard as 23 year old with 15 full internationals under his belt.....er ok!!

I'm sorry but your argument is basically that he is better purely because he is older and has more experience which is ridiculous really.

That's exactly my argument!!!!!!

It's got nothing to do with who will become a better player in time! It is in response to your comment that Lambert should replace Tonev with Grealish now

Wait wait wait!!

Didn't you spend all of last season arguing with anyone who wanted players with experience in the side instead of young and unproven players that we ended up with?

• Like 4

Scored their firstn, just hit the post and just assisted notts 4th goal.

Let the football do the talking.

So you think he is ready for the first team now?

No-one is saying that he is not a great prospect, just that he is on a journey and that needs to be carefully managed

I wont give my opinion on where I think jack should be. I just hope he gets a chance. Lambert will decide when its up to jack to prove it to him.

But if people want an opinion then let them. It doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Well i'll say it and have been saying it all season. He should be on the bench being brought on now and again. I know one things for certain, he would have got more than 5 touches v Fulham in 75mins.

This is a bit like Gary Gardner really. Two years ago he was doing so well at Coventry that we recalled him early and then threw him into some premier league games. When in a struggling team he wasn't making a huge impact, people then of course start questioning whether he was any good. He'd have probably benefited from staying at Coventry the whole season although the horrible injuries haven't helped either.

I'd leave Grealish on loan for the whole season, either at Notts or at a club higher up the league. I'd like to see Carruthers get a chance this season when he returns.

Tonev has yet to find his feet but he is of a completely different standard - 5 years older, 100+ first team apperances and 15 full international caps

He really isn't...

So an 18 year old kid whose yet to set foot on a PL pitch is the same standard  as 23 year old with 15 full internationals under his belt.....er ok!!

I'm sorry but your argument is basically that he is better purely because he is older and has more experience which is ridiculous really.

It's got nothing to do with who will become a better player in time! It is in response to your comment that Lambert should replace Tonev with Grealish now

I never said that though. I disagreed that Tonev is 'of a completely different standard' to Grealish.

Great to see Grealish showing real potential at first team level now.

Apparently Carruthers had a good game for MK Dons too, good to see he's forced his way back into the team. His assist for their first goal was a fantastic pass as well, if you saw the football league show.

I'm definitely in the camp that says buy a couple of attacking midfielders that are ready to make an impact in the premier league and let these players develop at their own pace.

Great to see Grealish showing real potential at first team level now.

Apparently Carruthers had a good game for MK Dons too, good to see he's forced his way back into the team. His assist for their first goal was a fantastic pass as well, if you saw the football league show.

I'm definitely in the camp that says buy a couple of attacking midfielders that are ready to make an impact in the premier league and let these players develop at their own pace.

Yes but we arent going to buy them players. All it will be will be championship players hence why i would take a chance and draft him into the squad

My bad, thought this was the loan thread when posting about Carruthers.

HeyAnty - how can you possibly know which players Paul Lambert is going to sign? Got inside information? And with both these players playing in League 1 - they are doing ok but not exactly tearing up the division - who is to say that a "Championship player" would not be a better option right now than Grealish or Carruthers? They have a massive amount to learn.

He really isn't...

So an 18 year old kid whose yet to set foot on a PL pitch is the same standard as 23 year old with 15 full internationals under his belt.....er ok!!

Wait wait wait!!

Didn't you spend all of last season arguing with anyone who wanted players with experience in the side instead of young and unproven players that we ended up with?

No answer to your question BJ10 and no answer to my rebuttal in another thread. The usual disappearing act.

My bad, thought this was the loan thread when posting about Carruthers.

HeyAnty - how can you possibly know which players Paul Lambert is going to sign? Got inside information? And with both these players playing in League 1 - they are doing ok but not exactly tearing up the division - who is to say that a "Championship player" would not be a better option right now than Grealish or Carruthers? They have a massive amount to learn.

How do i know? From seeing what he has previously spent on players and on top of that HH was on here last week saying he wont have anything more than 3 mill to spend on a AM

No answer to your question BJ10 and no answer to my rebuttal in another thread. The usual disappearing act.

Your rebuttal !! who are you? Rumpole of the Bailey?

The usual diappearing act? I've got better things to do than follow you round the internet responding to your lunacy

In response to BJ's question - no I don't prefer youth to experience, but with the finances available all we could afford were players with potential not those with proven quality and experience

I suggest that we take this argument elsewhere - a thread about one of our best young prospects is not designed to be a vehicle for slagging off other young players. I'm not posting on this subject here again so dont bother responding

On the Jack Grealish front - what a fantastic performance on Saturday. Lets let him get on with the job of honing his craft before we shoulder him with the burden of delivering the Barcelona-style football seemingly required of the first team

Edited by VillaCas

Your rebuttal !! who are you? Rumpole of the Bailey?

The usual diappearing act? I've got better things to do than follow you round the internet responding to your lunacy

In response to BJ's question - no I don't prefer youth to experience, but with the finances available all we could afford were players with potential not those with proven quality and experience

I suggest that we take this argument elsewhere - a thread about one of our best young prospects is not designed to be a vehicle for slagging off other young players. I'm not posting on this subject here again so dont bother responding

On the Jack Grealish front - what a fantastic performance on Saturday. Lets let him get on with the job of honing his craft before we shoulder him with the burden of delivering the Barcelona-style football seemingly required of the first team

I'm not sure the bit in bold is true. I've been starting to wonder if the pair of you are separate sides of some kind of crazed Villa schizophrenic.

Look what Randy has done to us!

• Like 4

Â