The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Subbed off at HT against Oldham tonight.

Was told this before the match. Because he has two international matches aswell this week.

Just coming back from Oldham, extremely dissappointing. Not sure this loan has suited jack aswell as it should have...

Seeings it's only for a short period. I'm thinking in the lines of "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger".

Even though the loan might prove to be a bit of a harsh time and not the best of ways for him to develop his footballing skills, it will proparly imrpove his characther and make his skin a bit thicker. As long as it doesn't affect his confidence and beliefe in himself.

He needs to learn to ignore that, pretty sure any footballer on twitter gets abuse just have to rise above it.

Sure he will eventually, he's 18 and they lost to some poor reffing apparently he probably just got caught up in the emotion. Agree with skruff i think its a good experience for him as long as he doesn't start doubting himself. 

He's in the Irish U21 squad for the UEFA Championship qualifying games against the Faroe Islands and Montenegro.

The idea of him playing for MON at some point makes me want to cry.

Yeah Ashley young and James milner had an awful time under him.

because he was the influence on their wing play :rolleyes:

If Robertson was on the Ireland panel then it would have been brilliant for Grealish

Did he play cm in the end?

Gutted he isn't playing wolves at the weekend would've loved him to score past them

The Wolves game is on I believe. They haven't called it off despite having 5 off playing internationals.

It is on, but isn't Jack away with Ireland so can't play against wolves?

The type of player Grealish is, he will learn nothing playing in a struggling side such as notts county.

Id never agreed regards him going out on loan because i believe he is good enough to get a run out in the odd game as a sub.

I dare to say it but i dont know if he is the type of player Lambert likes. I.e he has creativity and isnt an ABC player.

People will come back that he isnt strong enough, well he was as strong as Bennett last year and he got playing the full season.

Last point, Grealish will offer u more coming on as a sub as Bowery would on the wing. Cardiff game as an example.

The type of player Grealish is, he will learn nothing playing in a struggling side such as notts county.

Id never agreed regards him going out on loan because i believe he is good enough to get a run out in the odd game as a sub.

I dare to say it but i dont know if he is the type of player Lambert likes. I.e he has creativity and isnt an ABC player.

People will come back that he isnt strong enough, well he was as strong as Bennett last year and he got playing the full season.

Last point, Grealish will offer u more coming on as a sub as Bowery would on the wing. Cardiff game as an example.

First point, he will gain experience of playing regular football, the build up, the mental state of playing for points that mean something. It will also help him grow as a player and ensure he is not one of those players who wants to play at this level when he's older. If Lambert didn't like him why did he use him in pre-season, why did he say the boy is talented at the fans forum but says needs experience. The lad is 18 years old, its better for him to be playing than bits of first team football. Bowery wasn't bought on as a winger against Cardiff he was bought on to play up front. Jack will come back more determined to make that step up from this experience IMO. We have seen with the Fonz, by bringing him in too early, the kid thought he had made it, not saying Jack will be the same but it happens. The way Carruthers has been built up to be some of midfield maestro, can't even get into the MK Dons side. Gabby was atrocious in his loan spells, but he came back more determined to put in all the effort to ensure he does not play at that level again. He is only on loan till Jan anyway, so he may be back and also may be a reason why PL is not looking at wingers as he has two in our youth set up who have the attributes to be really good i.e. Grealish and Graham.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

First point, he will gain experience of playing regular football, the build up, the mental state of playing for points that mean something. It will also help him grow as a player and ensure he is not one of those players who wants to play at this level when he's older. If Lambert didn't like him why did he use him in pre-season, why did he say the boy is talented at the fans forum but says needs experience. The lad is 18 years old, its better for him to be playing than bits of first team football. Bowery wasn't bought on as a winger against Cardiff he was bought on to play up front. Jack will come back more determined to make that step up from this experience IMO. We have seen with the Fonz, by bringing him in too early, the kid thought he had made it, not saying Jack will be the same but it happens. The way Carruthers has been built up to be some of midfield maestro, can't even get into the MK Dons side. Gabby was atrocious in his loan spells, but he came back more determined to put in all the effort to ensure he does not play at that level again. He is only on loan till Jan anyway, so he may be back and also may be a reason why PL is not looking at wingers as he has two in our youth set up who have the attributes to be really good i.e. Grealish and Graham.

Agree entirely with that. 

I'd also add that when a youngster goes on loan to a side lower down the divisions, they're playing with guys who's bonuses for winning and/or clean sheets make a real difference to their wage packet every week; especially in this day and age when the youngsters going out on loan are probably on a higher wage than most league 1 or 2 players!

Edited by holtend4life

Carruthers was in the MK Dons team and playing well before he got injured.

He's in the Irish U21 squad for the UEFA Championship qualifying games against the Faroe Islands and Montenegro.

If Robertson was on the Ireland panel then it would have been brilliant for Grealish

Haha

Yeah of course he had nothing to do with it.

Edited by Big_John_10

Carruthers was in the MK Dons team and playing well before he got injured.

He is not now because he has played poor in a few of the games, the point is, we are saying lets throw him in this league he'll be our saviour, but he's hardly setting the World alight there is he. Compare him to say Bamford.

Haha

Yeah of course he had nothing to do with it.

He has point, Robertson was key to Young and Downing IMO. Young even went on record of saying it too.

Â