The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I imagine many footballers have ended up in that state on holiday over the years, its just social media and camera phones make it so much easier for those picture to be all over the internet in seconds.

As long as its not a common occurrence I don't see anything wrong with have a blow out in the off season. 

• Like 3

He needs to grow up and quick. I can see both sides of the argument but he has a certain amount of responsibility on his shoulders now, that comes with the position he is in as a role model and professional athlete, plus the wage he is earning factor in too.

He needs to get this silly behaviour out of his system. Hopefully he learns from this and cleans up his act a bit.

Unfortunately it's not that simple is it. The lad is 19 years old and you can't just put a 25 year old head on his shoulders. Maturity comes with age and life experiences. These instances and the negative press reaction in fact are likely to make him grow up a bit quicker.

I also think the wage he earns has very little relevance. He was on what was likely to be one of his first holidays away with his mates. Certainly his first holiday in knocking on a year. If anything the fact he has a few quid in his pocket put him in a more vulnerable position as he can drink what he likes and afford as many as he likes. Clearly the lad doesn't know his limits, little surprise there with him being 19 and it being highly unlikely he touches much alcohol during 10 months of the year.

He'll learn but as with most 19 year old lads it'll take time and a few bumps along the way whilst he does.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

The fact that it's being debated whether or not what he has done is unacceptable, is probably a reflection on why the English national team and the rest of the home nations are in such a sorry state.

Edited by useless

The fact that it's being debated whether or not what he has done is unacceptable, is probably a reflection on why the English national team and the rest of the home nations are in such a sorry state.

England one of only 2 teams with 100% records and Scotland, Norn Ireland and Wales all on course for qualification for first time in many years

If he has a serious problem with drinking, I doubt he would've forced his way into the starting XI and have both England and Ireland clamoring for his services.

He's fit and playing at a very high level. Clearly was not a problem during the season, and for all we know, this is a one off. 

I think people should just calm down a bit and lower the pressure already on his shoulders.

He was blowing off steam on holiday, not a big deal.

If it becomes a regular thing, then we should be worried. 

Until then....Relaaax, Winston

• Like 3

England one of only 2 teams with 100% records and Scotland, Norn Ireland and Wales all on course for qualification for first time in many years

Yes but we all know that none of the UK teams will make a serious challenge at actually winning anything, or even coming close to doing so. It's also reflected in the top teams having mostly players from mainland europe and elsewhere.

I very much doubt he thought " I've broken into the first team lets go on a lads holiday and get ****"

At the end of the day he was always going to go on holiday with his mates at the end of the season and end up in a gutter battered.

We are only talking about it and somebody only took a picture of him because he played the last 10 games of the season for us.

Otherwise he would be just another drunk Brit abroad.

I have no problem with him getting hammered. The only thing he did wrong is end up in the gutter and be vulnerable to happy snappers.

But I'm sure I would have struggled to stop myself from having one too many when I'm around my mates in a foreign country.

He will learn to control himself.

lmfao. you have to be a troll.

It's not funny and i'm not a 'troll'.

I'm sure I'm not the first person or the last, to suggest that England's lack of success through-out history may be down to a drinking culture.

It's not funny and i'm not a 'troll'.

I'm sure I'm not the first person or the last, to suggest that England's lack of success through-out history may be down to a drinking culture.

I don't think its down to a drinking culture.  I think its more down to do with too many average players.

Germans love their beer don't they? 

• Like 1

I was more making a comment on how the reactions to Grealish's behaviour are indicitive of drinking culture, rather than what he's actually done himself. I'm sure if this had have happened to a young player at say somewhere like Barcelona, then the reactions of their fans on their forums, would be very one sided.

Â