The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

That it? OK. John Percy never gets things wrong?

No. He only deals in facts. If he says a medical is slated to happen, it’s slated to happen. Things can always change of course, but I’m not about to start doubting the only reliable football transfer journalist I know of just because I don’t like what he’s telling me.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Come on now. You know who John Percy is. I'm sure he's gotten stuff wrong before but whenever he speaks it's only when something legitimate is happening. This isn't the Sun spouting nonsense so I'm sure you can understand why people would be very concerned when he's writing articles saying things like "there's a medical set for next week" and "It looks inevitable that he will leave."

I'm sure last summer journalists said Jack was off, it didn't happen. I don't know if Mr Percy was one, but probably. I would think comments like "medical set for next week" are just bollocks TBH as a medical wouldn't take that long to sort out. People are concerned, but control the controllable, as of now Jack is a Villa player, so I'm not going to worry about something that hasn't happened , and if it does then we will see what our new owners intentions are.

Just now, Wurzel said:

I'm sure last summer journalists said Jack was off, it didn't happen. I don't know if Mr Percy was one, but probably. I would think comments like "medical set for next week" are just bollocks TBH as a medical wouldn't take that long to sort out. People are concerned, but control the controllable, as of now Jack is a Villa player, so I'm not going to worry about something that hasn't happened , and if it does then we will see what our new owners intentions are.

He wasn’t.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No. He only deals in facts. If he says a medical is slated to happen, it’s slated to happen. Things can always change of course, but I’m not about to start doubting the only reliable football transfer journalist I know of just because I don’t like what he’s telling me.

A journalist that only deals in facts eh? A rare bird indeed.

Just now, Wurzel said:

A journalist that only deals in facts eh? A rare bird indeed.

Stop being dense, mate. No one is saying he's flawless. But when he speaks it's because he has something to speak about. How many times do I have to say that?

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Stop being dense, mate. No one is saying he's flawless. But when he speaks it's because he has something to speak about. How many times do I have to say that?

Nice, thanks for that. I have absolutely no idea how many times you have said that.

Legends don’t leave their club 2 weeks before the season kicks off. They don’t annually play this flirting game with other clubs then spout “My City. My Club.” and bat eyes at the next suitor less than a year later. 

Good for the neighborhood kid, go make money. You can go cheer for City. I’ll be here with Villa. 

• Like 2

He speaks on things that are actually happening, but it doesn't mean he doesn't dabble in speculative language. "Medical likely next week". I mean I guess that could be true? Wouldn't that hinge on us accepting their bid though? No mention of that part in his update.

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Come on now. You know who John Percy is. I'm sure he's gotten stuff wrong before but whenever he speaks it's only when something legitimate is happening. This isn't the Sun spouting nonsense so I'm sure you can understand why people would be very concerned when he's writing articles saying things like "there's a medical set for next week" and "It looks inevitable that he will leave."

To be fair it said a medical “expected” next week.. that’s not nailed on, however likely

Just now, 479Villan said:

Legends don’t leave their club 2 weeks before the season kicks off. They don’t annually play this flirting game with other clubs then spout “My City. My Club.” and bat eyes at the next suitor less than a year later. 

Good for the neighborhood kid, go make money. You can go cheer for City. I’ll be here with Villa. 

TBF legends usually win stuff for their clubs don't they? The term legend is thrown about far too easy these days. 

"Medical expected next week". I'm sure it is at Man City's end but that is surely still conditional on Aston Villa coming to an agreement with Man City to sell him.

I personally don't believe for one second that an agreement was reached weeks ago and still have hope that Aston Villa will not sell.

It is concerning that Man City have supposedly put the $100m bid forward, but I choose to believe that this has been encouraged by Jack's agent rather than Aston Villa.

Edited by Rossco76

If Jack leaves, he wont be the first, and he wont be the last to choose money over loyalty. 

I will be disappointed in him, but I couldn't be bothered being resentful. 

I wont waste energy or effort hating the player. 

I will be all about hating the game.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He speaks on things that are actually happening, but it doesn't mean he doesn't dabble in speculative language. "Medical likely next week". I mean I guess that could be true? Wouldn't that hinge on us accepting their bid though? No mention of that part in his update.

Well that’s why I don’t think anything close is actually happening. Everything he’s said reads as just speculative or early bidding stages. Especially after Fab tweeted which reads to me that they just have a medical planned incase they reach an agreement.l (obviously).

• Like 1

Well that’s why I don’t think anything close is actually happening. Everything he’s said reads as just speculative or early bidding stages. Especially after Fab tweeted which reads to me that they just have a medical planned incase they reach an agreement.l (obviously).

100% agree with this.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

6 trophies for Delph, 5 for Totti I believe. Could be wrong.

Yeah that's about what I thought, and Delph spent what about 5 seasons and Citeh and Totti a lifetime at Roma.

Don't get me wrong I love loyalty, that's who I am I don't care much for money other than obviously needing it.

However loyalty comes at sacrifice, to say it doesn't is naive.

Take the romance out of it, it's not even a decision really.

Im just hoping Jack's a romantic 🌹

Â