The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s obviously been a bit silly but some of the reactions on here yesterday were embarrassing and totally OTT.

Not sure why I’d expect anything else mind.

If you think

1. posting a video advising everyone to stay at home, protect the NHS etc 

2. going out almost immediately after on an all-night bender with a completely useless and dissolute former Villa player who leached the club of thousands of pounds for virtually nothing in return - and then allowing his expensive car to smash into several others

3. posting a further video apologising for all this and renewing his advice for everyone to stay at home despite what he did

is being "a bit silly", I wonder what he would have to do to earn the description of totally **** up? 😲

• Like 4

On 30/03/2020 at 10:42, Genie said:

Did you go out wearing 1 flip flop and 1 slipper?

spacer.png

On 30/03/2020 at 10:46, Okonokos said:

Why has the bloke next to him got the other flip flop under his arm?

Now that this thread is descending into silliness, it is time to return to the really important question: why was Jack wearing one white flip flop and one black slipper and why was the other white flip flop under the other bloke's arm (is that Capaldi?). While many posters have correctly argued there is no conclusive evidence that he was drunk, or driving the car, there is undeniable evidence for footweargate and we NEED ANSWERS!

Edited by briny_ear

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Now that this thread is descending into silliness, it is time to return to the really important question: why was Jack wearing one white flip flop and one black slipper and why was the other white flip flop under the other bloke's arm (is that Capaldi?). While many posters have correctly argued there is no conclusive evidence that he was drunk, or driving the car, there is undeniable evidence for footweargate and we NEED ANSWERS!

Mismatched Footwear Is This Season’s Most Talked About Street Style Trend

Throughout Fashion Month, we've taken note of the trends making the biggest splash on both the runways and the streets. And the one trend that showed up most is mis-matched shoes. We’re talking: One white, one black; One pink, one red. Feeling sparky, some show-goers even wore two completely different styles (with the same heel height, of course). Others chose pairs that come pre-scrambled (Jacquemus does it best). But with a trend this good, we’re more than willing to splurge a little extra on two separate pairs.

As per usual, it was Phoebe Philo who really got the ball rolling when she sent clashing sandals and boots down the runway during her Spring 2017 show for Céline. Since then, designers and fashion girls alike have fallen in line, rejecting what come naturally to us (i.e. matching shoes) and creating something totally new in the footwear department.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/09/8486738/mismatched-shoe-trend-fashion-week-spring-summer-2020

Apparently he's Très à la mode

• Haha 2

Man, I don't know what to say but these "he did a bad thing, he apologized, he was stupid, let's move on" posts are rubbing me the wrong way. I feel DCJ has a point here, despite how perhaps insistent he is in making it. If this was any other lesser player than Jack, they'd have been absolutely skewered. Can you imagine if El Ghazi or Douglas Luiz were to do something like this for example? Remember the outrage after the former came off injured one game? Jack has put actual people's lives in danger here. Doubly so if he'd been drink driving. It's unconscionable. I hate that it had to be him, but you gotta call a spade a spade.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Man, I don't know what to say but these "he did a bad thing, he apologized, he was stupid, let's move on" posts are rubbing me the wrong way. I feel DCJ has a point here, despite how perhaps insistent he is in making it. If this was any other lesser player than Jack, they'd have been absolutely skewered. Can you imagine if El Ghazi or Douglas Luiz were to do something like this for example? Remember the outrage after the former came off injured one game? Jack has put actual people's lives in danger here. Doubly so if he'd been drink driving. It's unconscionable. I hate that it had to be him, but you gotta call a spade a spade.

Sometimes you have to detach your self from the human aspect of the player and just go by his footballing ability.

I think Jack the person is an idiot and I couldn’t give two shits about him or what he does when he’s not on the pitch.  

Jack the footballer is quality and makes the team I watch a much better team.

I want Jack to continue playing in that team. You don’t have to like or admire the person to enjoy his football. That’s why people want to move on.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sometimes you have to detach your self from the human aspect of the player and just go by his footballing ability.

I think Jack the person is a dumb p***k and I couldn’t give two shits about him or what he does when his not on the pitch.  Jack the footballer is quality and makes the team I watch a much better team. I want Jack to continue playing in that team. You don’t have to like or admire the person to enjoy his football. That’s why people want to move on.

Don't you see how messed up that is? This is just a game. Who really gives a toss about Jack the footballer in the grand scheme of things? Right now football doesn't even exist, and as far as I'm concerned shouldn't until this situation blows over. Jack the footballer is an afterthought right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Don't you see how messed up that is? This is just a game. Who really gives a toss about Jack the footballer in the grand scheme of things? Right now football doesn't even exist, and as far as I'm concerned shouldn't until this situation blows over. Jack the footballer is an afterthought right now.

Yeh he’s f**ked up and has been punished. Pretty much everyone has condemned him for it. As far as am I concerned he is a scumbag just like the guys that did a lock-in in a pub near me the other day. But the fact I don’t care about Jack the person is why I’m over it. 

What more do you want people to do?

edit: if it someone I admired as a person had done that I would be a lot more upset about it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh he’s f**ked up and has been punished. Pretty much everyone has condemned him for it. As far as am I concerned he is a scumbag just like the guys that did a lock-in in a pub near me the other day. But the fact I don’t care about Jack the person is why I’m over it. 

What more do you want people to do?

edit: if it someone I admired as a person has done that I would be a lot more upset about it. 

I'm just not down with people hand waving the ones who are venting about this, calling them "snowflakes" etc because he happens to be a very good player. That shouldn't come into it.

54 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

If you think

1. posting a video advising everyone to stay at home, protect the NHS etc 

2. going out almost immediately after on an all-night bender with a completely useless and dissolute former Villa player who leached the club of thousands of pounds for virtually nothing in return - and then allowing his expensive car to smash into several others

3. posting a further video apologising for all this and renewing his advice for everyone to stay at home despite what he did

is being "a bit silly", I wonder what he would have to do to earn the description of totally **** up? 😲

Yes I think it’s a bit silly.

In the grand scheme of things people do and have done, it’s a bit silly.

Do I applaud him for it? Absolutely not, obviously. But I don’t understand the desire  for people to demand everyone be outraged by it. Not one single person has said it’s okay, everyone is in agreement he’s fecked up, the only debate is how angry people feel we should all be about it.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm just not down with people hand waving the ones who are venting about this, calling them "snowflakes" etc because he happens to be a very good player. That shouldn't come into it.

Yeah I agree with that.  But I also don’t agree with those talking about sacking or selling him!

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Jack the person is an idiot and I couldn’t give two shits about him or what he does when he’s not on the pitch.  

Jack the footballer is quality and makes the team I watch a much better team.

I want Jack to continue playing in that team. You don’t have to like or admire the person to enjoy his football. That’s why people want to move on.

God I couldn't disagree more. 

At a time where nurses and shelf stackers are keeping the country running you want to allow a millionaire athlete to get away with what ever he wants because he's good at football? 

Like I said. I couldn't disagree more. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The el ghazi thing is a great point. 

Look at the abuse he got for leaving a game injured. Wild conspiracy theories chucked out, his character questioned and numerous insults.

Different story here.

Like you say, had luiz or let's say Craig Gardner been in this situation, I highly doubt many on here would be consistent with their views. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

God I couldn't disagree more. 

At a time where nurses and shelf stackers are keeping the country running you want to allow a millionaire athlete to get away with what ever he wants because he's good at football? 

Like I said. I couldn't disagree more. 

I didn’t meant it that way. What I meant was I don’t care about Jack the person. I don’t care about any of the villa team as people.  What’s the point of going on and on about it? 

How much further should he be punished? What would you like to see happen?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes I think it’s a bit silly.

In the grand scheme of things people do and have done, it’s a bit silly.

Do I applaud him for it? Absolutely not, obviously. But I don’t understand the desire  for people to demand everyone be outraged by it. Not one single person has said it’s okay, everyone is in agreement he’s fecked up, the only debate is how angry people feel we should all be about it.

Fine. We have different definitions of “a bit silly” clearly. I’d have a go at getting a compromise on “complete clearing in the woods” but I don’t think we are judging behaviour by the same standards.

I think Graham Norton’s Friday Night programme is a bit silly - but enjoyably so. Maybe Jack should go in the Red Chair and explain his slightly silly escapade on Sat night/Sunday morning? See what reaction he gets?

Edited by briny_ear

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t meant it that way. What I meant was I don’t care about Jack the person. I don’t care about any of the villa team as people.  What’s the point of going on and on about it? 

How much further should he be punished? What would you like to see happen?

Fair enough. I'm very different. I can't get behind someone just because they play for my team. The year we went down, part of the reason I stopped watching was because I couldn't bring myself to get behind the likes of Guzan, lescott, Richard's, bacuna etc..

In terms of punishment I think he should be stripped of the captaincy. I'm not a huge fan of the national team but I'd be disappointed if he got a call up straight after all this. 

And not that he would give a shit but he's lost my support for him. I've gone from really enjoying watching his career blossom to not giving a shit about any success he might have in the future. All in the space of a couple of days. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The el ghazi thing is a great point. 

Look at the abuse he got for leaving a game injured. Wild conspiracy theories chucked out, his character questioned and numerous insults.

Different story here.

Like you say, had luiz or let's say Craig Gardner been in this situation, I highly doubt many on here would be consistent with their views. 

I'm in awe at the discrepancy. Football seems more important to people than I thought. When someone who's just an okay footballer transgresses, in the footballing realm no less (ie: "feigning" injury), all types of insults flies their way.

Someone literally puts human lives in danger (in more ways than one if he was drink driving), and this thread is surprisingly respectful. I've seen maybe a couple of people calling him a prick at most. If you didn't know what he actually did, you'd think this was just a repeat of his Tenerife exploits judging from the tone of the read. All because he's an indispensable footballer to our club.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TRO said:

But he was born and brought up in solihull,which is predominately blues country, so he naturally gravitates to that neck of the woods.....but i do share your point.

Most Villa players have traditionally hung around Sutton coldfield.

Spot on @TRO, it's literally round the corner from me and the place is full of the buggers so I feel for Jack as even if he has done something essentially silly under the current restrictions then they'll always look to hype it up. That's the saddest thing about the whole situation, in the context that we've all got genuine bigger things to worry about right now.

Although I do equally enjoy winding my neighbours up, so it works both ways :ph34r:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm in awe at the discrepancy. Football seems more important to people than I thought. When someone who's just an okay footballer transgresses, in the footballing realm no less (ie: "feigning" injury), all types of insults flies their way.

Someone literally puts human lives in danger (in more ways than one if he was drink driving), and this thread is surprisingly respectful. I've seen maybe a couple of people calling him a prick at most. If you didn't know what he actually did, you'd think this was just a repeat of his Tenerife exploits judging from the tone of the read. All because he's an indispensable footballer to our club.

This is what was winding me up and why I ended up posting so much. 

I was quite stunned to see how quick people were trying to dismiss it. Even saying let's wait for the facts, when it was pretty obvious, IMO wouldn't have happened for other players and only did because its captain Jack. 

I don't really get it. 

Â