The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Let's call it properly here, if he wasn't one of our own, not some footballer we all admire and love, not some idol who we put an a pedestal..... What would I think?

What a complete and utter gobshite rocket polisher!

I don't care that he's Jack Grealish, in this situation in time he's just another potential virus spreading moron.

I hope he doesn't just get fined, I'd make him work for the NHS every single day until this is over. Then he might have some idea about what the people who are trying save everyone's life have to go through.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't care that he's Jack Grealish, is this situation in time he's just another potential virus spreading moron.

I agree 100% which is why I can’t get overly agitated about it.

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Read what I said.

If he was drink driving, I'd want him sold.

It's not even the drink driving. Nobody is a saint. But in this context? And this timeline?

There are thousands of fans who are dead, on the front line, aren't able to see their parents/grandparents/siblings, worried if their family will survive, and he, a multi-million just has to sit on his arse and play FIFA for a few months? And he can't do it without going round his mates, disobeying government orders?

This is all based on rumour.

If he just snuck out and went to his mates', I am **** off with him but stripping him of the captaincy and a heavy fine will suffice. 

Why would you sell him if he was convicted of drink driving ? What other offences would lead to selling players in your view ?

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Why would you sell him if he was convicted of drink driving ? What other offences would lead to selling players in your view ?

In fairness, I’m not entirely sure many people would just shrug off drink driving. 

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:I’ve lost all respect for him. 

Again there is maybe the difference. I never respected him as a person in the first place. How could I, I know next to nothing about him ?

I admire him as a footballer, I praise him as a footballer, I love him as a footballer.  
I think as soon as fans ( whether of film stars, musicians, footballers or whatever) step outside of that and into creating some artificial extra connection to their heroes there’s trouble in store.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In this context of the quarantine. Read what I've written please. 

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well it has a basis.  The original story was he was at a party and drunkenly crashed into some parked cars.

So in leaving the scene he’s avoided any breathalysers (if indeed he was drunk, which I seriously hope he wasn’t) and is only being bollocked for breaching social distancing rules.

I'll be accused of being desperate for it to be true but I think it has basis. 

I find it hard to believe that he spent the night at Mcormacks house, crashed his car into three others while wearing one flip flop and one slipper and hadn't touched any booze. 

Now not saying he downed a bottle and went straight in the car. But after a heavy night he could well have been feeling the effects still the next morning. 

I wonder how certain members of the club will feel. A member of our physio team was seriously ill in hospital and only came out a couple of days ago. This thing is affecting people at the club and our captain does this. Wouldn't surprise me if the club are furious behind closed doors. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

In fairness, I’m not entirely sure many people would just shrug off drink driving. 

Neither would I. It’s a disgraceful offence with severe punishments, and anyone convicted can rightly expect to be severely punished.

I don’t see the connection between that and selling him.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I think drink driving is one of the worst things you can do. It's an unbelievably selfish act. 

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

In this context of the quarantine. Read what I've written please. 

Pretty much. The timing is awful. As if the emergency services aren’t already stretched they had to deal with this.. I think if this was a “normal” Sunday, I think it’d be easier to put down as him being an idiot but quite easily move on from. The fact he recorded a message saying stay at home, knowing the situation with the NHS etc he does this.. that’s what is annoying people the most. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Jack was brought up in Dovehouse lane opposite the Rover plant and yes he is a Chav, not because of that, i might add.

There is no excuse mate at 24 I was living it up drinking with Andy Gray and a few villa lads in the Aero club every wednesday night, and then on to the Elbow room pulling birds etc.....we didn't want the night to end.....been there done it.

Here's the thing

We respected his job and position, we respected him, we had some great fun without stepping over the line.....a lot is down to intelligence and self discipline and being Genuine friends and not dragging him to shit.....but Andy was always aware of himself, highly intelligent and articulate.

Jack needs to keep better company.....strikes me he needs some sensible mates, around him.

Company and advisors are shit, it’s why he’ll go United. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It may convenient to just " move on"......but I think this will remain in the archives of many supporters minds.

In terms of his judgment and being strong willed.....I think he has marked his card with many.

Nah score a few goals and it’s forgotten, he won’t be in the next England camp but that’s it. Will get in when at United and we’ll have a full “redemption arc” that I can’t be bothered with. 

See the usual faux OTT outrage and hyperbole has returned .... Too many snowflakes taking things a bit too personally is my opinion on the matter... Guy is douche has said sorry and will get the correct punishment deemed by the club .. End of the story and we move on . Some of this talk of jail, comparing the spread of covid-19 to murder and stripping him of the captaincy until all the facts are out is bemusing and also worrying to a degree... 

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Neither would I. It’s a disgraceful offence with severe punishments, and anyone convicted can rightly expect to be severely punished.

I don’t see the connection between that and selling him.

Because you wouldn’t want him representing your club, I’d guess. 

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll get slagged for this again, but I genuinely think fans who have convinced themselves that Jack is some "goody two shoes" are **** naive, and see what they want to see just because he is the Golden boy.

Hi @JAMAICAN-VILLAN, no issue with what you picked up on but I did make reference to the point that he "seemed" to have cleaned up his act and I "hoped" it wasn't true - he's a young bloke, not exactly street smart when it comes to choice of friends and a multi-millionaire.  I realise that spells pi**head in any language but he was given the captains armband and has pretty much spearheaded our winning run back into the premier league.  Until the last few games he was still arguably running the show since we returned.... I've just seen the local news and team statement that "he's a very naughty boy for going out and has been fined" - nothing more or less said. Although I did wonder if I'd misheard a monty python sketch..

Unless he was going to be charged I expect that to be the end of the matter as otherwise it would be "no comment" whilst an investigation was ongoing.  What I was really getting at is the place this all happened is a hot bed for dickhead Bluenoses, that and maintaining an innocent until proven guilty stance is the only thing we can do until concrete evidence proves otherwise.  The evidence has just been on the local BBC news..

Even when the world is in lockdown and no games are being played, the Noses are still obsessed with us!  😉

Edited by Darth Villa
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

Why ?

Because he was a drink driver.

I think your question is actually more relevant for you. If you’re happy having a convicted drink driver playing for your side, where would you draw the line?

• Like 1

Â