The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think if he'd done this 6 months ago the response would be different. 

It's a different world right now though. 

Is it ? It’s still a world of crimes and punishments, and punishments are still to fit the crime.

Last I checked ( I could be wrong) the punishment for the Lockdown thing was £30. I think he should get that punishment as he has admitted the issue. There are punishments for leaving the scene of an accident, and if he did, he shoukd get that. And he shoukd be punished for breaking Club rules.

On top of that he has set a poor example, so it wouldn’t be wrong to take the Captaincy off him.

But none of that provokes anger or any similar emotion in me I must confess. 

DCJ

I know exactly why you're so pissed off with this based on your personal situation from your posts in off topic. 

But your posts are coming across a little, not sure on the word to be honest, over the top? Towards other posters. Nobody is defending him. I think you're letting your personal situation cloud your posting judgement. You're normally more reasoned than you have been in this thread. 

Tell me to piss off if I crossed a line there. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Most people were saying it looks bad but let's wait for the facts rather than rely on hearsay. That is very different to rushing to his defence.

Yes I get that. I'm responding to the poster who said people were defending him. 

What annoys me is the disdain he has shown and how disingenuous he has been. When he recorded that message telling people to stay indoors... he clearly didn't give a shit or doesn't understand the gravity of the situation that is going on around him.

He paid lip service to it. He didn't believe it. He showed himself to be a spoilt brat who thought the rules don't apply to him.

For the foreseeable future, everything he says will be judged through this filter. 

• Like 1

He is sorry. That he got caught ? or that he went out ?

Every one is very very sorry when that have been caught. I guess it will be forgotten by us. But by commentators I doubt it. By someone who's relative has died. I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

DCJ

I know exactly why you're so posses off with this based on your personal situation from your posts in off topic. 

But your posts are coming across a little, not sure on the word to be honest, over the top? Towards other posters. Nobody is defending him. I think you're letting your personal situation cloud your posting judgement. You're normally more reasoned than you have been in this thread. 

Tell me to piss off if I crossed a line there. 

Not at all. And you're probably right to some extent, I acknowledge that

You didn't sarcastically congratulate me or claim I'm after internet points so no problem with your post.  

I have posted a lot. He's pissed me off. I think part of the fact is, like I say, my favourite player of the last decade. Its annoyed me. 

Just now, Didiersix said:

What annoys me is .......He showed himself to be a spoilt brat who thought the rules don't apply to him.

I guess many feel that. Which is what happens if you expect things of people you don’t know.

Why wouldn't he be a spoiled brat who thinks the rules don’t apply to him ? ( not saying I agree he is or isn’t)

We’ve a country full of them, and footballers are as likely as any to be so.

I think this time is difficult for many in many different ways. 

Sniping at each other on an internet forum is understandable and forgivable. 

What Jack did is so many levels of stupid and disrespectful, and that's without the rumoured drunk driving. 

If that's confirmed I'd want him sold. Some things are bigger than football. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Apart from banging the au pairs brains out you mean. Nobody is perfect.

and nobody tells Gerrard he can’t have his own pick of what music the DJ plays...

Just now, terrytini said:

I guess many feel that. Which is what happens if you expect things of people you don’t know.

Why wouldn't he be a spoiled brat who thinks the rules don’t apply to him ? ( not saying I agree he is or isn’t)

We’ve a country full of them, and footballers are as likely as any to be so.

True enough. But aren't we getting to the point here. 

I may not know Jack Grealish. But I know what I expect of my club captain. I know what I want my club to represent, the role it should play in society. 

And this isn't it. 

If he says he loves the Villa as much as he does (and I have no reason to doubt him on that) then he knows what that role should represent full well too.

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So if he was drunk, and if he was in charge of the car, and if he doesn’t get prosecuted, he’s got away with it.

Yes I guess so.

Seems an odd train of thought to me.

Well it has a basis.  The original story was he was at a party and drunkenly crashed into some parked cars.

So in leaving the scene he’s avoided any breathalysers (if indeed he was drunk, which I seriously hope he wasn’t) and is only being bollocked for breaching social distancing rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think this time is difficult for many in many different ways. 

Sniping at each other on an internet forum is understandable and forgivable. 

What Jack did is so many levels of stupid and disrespectful, and that's without the rumoured drunk driving. 

If that's confirmed I'd want him sold. Some things are bigger than football. 

Sold ? I respect your view. But I think that is ludicrously over the top.

The guy went to his mates house.

Its wrong. Personally I’d have banned movement weeks ago,  and I’d lock up anyone who broke the law for a couple of days, and double it every time they did it again ( I wonder if that would include anyone who is furious at Grealish on here ?)

It’s reprehensible.

So in my world I’d throw him in jail.

Then out he comes and we carry on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

True enough. But aren't we getting to the point here. 

I may not know Jack Grealish. But I know what I expect of my club captain. I know what I want my club to represent, the role it should play in society. 

And this isn't it. 

If he says he loves the Villa as much as he does (and I have no reason to doubt him on that) then he knows what that role should represent full well too.

I agree he shouldn’t be Captain.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Well it has a basis.  The original story was he was at a party and drunkenly crashed into some parked cars.

So in leaving the scene he’s avoided any breathalysers (if indeed he was drunk, which I seriously hope he wasn’t) and is only being bollocked for breaching social distancing rules.

Well I don’t want to come across as arguing for the sake of it, so please forgive me if I do, but leaving the scene of an accident is one offence, drunk in charge of a vehicle is another.

If there’s no evidence to show he was drunk in charge of a vehicle he hasn’t “ got away with it” as mercifully our justice system doesn’t work like that..in my view. There’s no “it”.

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Is it ? It’s still a world of crimes and punishments, and punishments are still to fit the crime.

Last I checked ( I could be wrong) the punishment for the Lockdown thing was £30. I think he should get that punishment as he has admitted the issue. There are punishments for leaving the scene of an accident, and if he did, he shoukd get that. And he shoukd be punished for breaking Club rules.

On top of that he has set a poor example, so it wouldn’t be wrong to take the Captaincy off him.

But none of that provokes anger or any similar emotion in me I must confess. 

I get that to some extent. But this different. Well at least to me. 

Me not breaking the law on a daily basis doesn't involve some personal sacrifice. Me staying in during this lockdown does. 

Him just out flaunting the rules provokes a lot of anger in me. Because wouldn't we all want to do it? Go and see friends and family and carry on as normal? But we don't. We make these personal sacrifices because we knows it's the right thing to do. 

He doesn't give a shit. And the fact he did it hours after telling everyone to stay inside is really poor. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Sold ? I respect your view. But I think that is ludicrously over the top.

The guy went to his mates house.

Its wrong. Personally I’d have banned movement weeks ago,  and I’d lock up anyone who broke the law for a couple of days, and double it every time they did it again ( I wonder if that would include anyone who is furious at Grealish on here ?)

It’s reprehensible.

So in my world I’d throw him in jail.

Then out he comes and we carry on.

Read what I said.

If he was drink driving, I'd want him sold.

It's not even the drink driving. Nobody is a saint. But in this context? And this timeline?

There are thousands of fans who are dead, on the front line, aren't able to see their parents/grandparents/siblings, worried if their family will survive, and he, a multi-million just has to sit on his arse and play FIFA for a few months? And he can't do it without going round his mates, disobeying government orders?

This is all based on rumour.

If he just snuck out and went to his mates', I am **** off with him but stripping him of the captaincy and a heavy fine will suffice. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Me not breaking the law on a daily basis doesn't involve some personal sacrifice. Me staying in during this lockdown does. 

Him just out flaunting the rules provokes a lot of anger in me. Because wouldn't we all want to do it? Go and see friends and family and carry on as normal? But we don't. We make these personal sacrifices because we knows it's the right thing to do. 

He doesn't give a shit. And the fact he did it hours after telling everyone to stay inside is really poor. 

Strongly agree. It’s the lack of respect for anyone or anything but himself that really **** me off, smashing up people’s cars and ultimately disrespecting the sacrifice everyone is currently having to make. Especially one sodding day after telling people to stay at home.

Overreaction or not, the circumstances make this so much worse than any of his past misdemeanours. I’ve lost all respect for him. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I understand anger at him or anyone breaking the rules.

I agree it’s poor behaviour.

I don’t make the jump from that to fury or a desire/ opinion that anything other than a proportionate punishment is needed, and it doesn’t affect my views on him generally...( not saying you have done any of this).

Â