The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Certain standards are expected when you pull on the captains armband each week. Jack knows this, so let’s not use the fact he’s only 24 as some kind of get out.

He’s had his fair share of controversy in the media over the last 5 years. Tenerife, ‘hippy crack’ allegations, dropped by England U21 for turning up late.... At some point you have to be wise enough to not put yourself in situations where they can affect your career. Regardless of the severity of this incident he’s clearly not maturing at all off the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

This is why this has peed me off (again, if true) 

Just spoke to my son who lives over 2 hours drive away from me and I've not seen for 2 weeks due to isolating. He's written 3 poems: one about De Gea, one about Ramos (I know!) And one about Grealish. He's reading the Grealish one to me with the hero worship and innocence of a 9 year old, I'm thinking I hope he doesn't find out about this and it isn't true as I'll be embarrassed and ashamed for him. 

Like it or not footballers are role models and now even more so kids need people to look up to - perhaps we all do. Grealish will be absolutely slaughtered for this - the public outrage will be huge if this is found to be true, and if it is Villa's best player, fan or not I certainly wont be defending him. 

Aside from the Grealish issue, society’s role models are floored generally...footballers, musicians and my young nephews look up to YouTubers...it’s just madness.  Not sure that will every change but it seems to be getting worse every generation.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

My brother is on here lol like i said il say no more... let Villa the Police and Jack do the talking from now on 👍🏼

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually went to school with Capaldi's younger brother who plays in the local Midlands leagues.

His brother used to drink in the Yenton and certainly drink did stop him playing higher up in the leagues (was a reasonably solid championship full back a decade ago).

Disappointing if Jack is still hanging around with these types, more so in the current climate.

The last line is the worrying one for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeAVFC said:

The fact that the club haven't released any sort of statement, 24 hours on from the incident, speaks volumes and suggests there's more to this than meets the eye. What the **** have you done Jack

i suspect, and hope, that they want to do it all in one hit, so are fact finding etc now. they could have done the "we are aware of the photo and are conducting an internal investigation" statement but that's of no use to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

If we go down we need the proceeds of his sale to prepare us for a year or 3 in the championship.

If this season even finishes.  

If he doesn’t leave and we do go down he’ll be pivotal in getting us back up.

As for proceeds, it’ll be interesting to see how FFP will fit or not fit into this plus we still have parachute payments.  We know we don’t need to sell Jack for money (only possibly FFP and not because we need cash) so why should we.  Yes if this true he’s a idiot but his talent would be better than anything we would get in the championship.

Does anyone think he should be stripped of his captaincy just for being out of his house without good reason? Irrespective of whether he was drunk/car crash. 

For me the answer is yes: he should be showing why he is a leader at this time, rather than acting in a way that is wholly irresponsible. 

We have a readymade captain waiting in Mings as well.

Edited by Didiersix
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Does anyone think he should be stripped of his captaincy just for being out of his house without good reason? Irrespective of whether he was drunk/car crash. 

For me the answer is yes: he should be showing why he is a leader at this time, rather than acting in a way that is wholly irresponsible. 

100% yes. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Go back through this thread over the last couple of years and you won't find many, if any, negative post from me regarding Jack. In fact I know I've defended him more than most on here. 

I don't want this to be true. Nothing good comes from this being true. It's terrible for both him and the club.

I'm annoyed with him. For reasons I've given previously. My kids are speaking to their grandparents on a phone and he's out and about, hours after pleading with people to stay home. That pisses me off. My wife works for the NHS, a friend of ours is in heartlands reusing disposable equipment because she doesn't have enough and a rugby teammate of a friend of mine died in his sleep last thursday. The whole worlds on lockdown and it looks very much like he's out pissing about with friends. I think it's fair to be pissed off about that. 

And I've probably commented more based on the ridiculous approach of others in here. With the ignore the facts because he plays for my team approach. 

There is no part of me that wants this to be true. But a lot of evidence so far points to valid reasons why we should be disappointed with him. 

This absolutely 110%......

As a footballer Jack's great and my 12 year old son absolutely idolises him...

HOWEVER...

Yesterday the stories break and I get  ''Whats he done Dad?'' ''I thought we weren't allowed out??'' etc etc

So im telling my son sorry you cant see your cousins, you cant play football with your mates, you cant go on holiday at Easter etc etc and these reckless W*nkers are mixing getting drunk in a flat before thinking that's not quite enough rule breaking so I will  attempt to drive home drunk as well

Words fail me, anyone defending it needs to look at themselves

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

jack was installed as captain, in my opinion, as a sweetener to keep him at the club. his mannerisms etc in game don't say 'captain' to me...not slagging him off, he's the best player i've seen in a villa shirt in my lifetime, but i've always thought mings as more like captain material

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Aside from the Grealish issue, society’s role models are floored generally...footballers, musicians and my young nephews look up to YouTubers...it’s just madness.  Not sure that will every change but it seems to be getting worse every generation.

Then we all need to wake up.

like in any walk of life celebrities have a variety of personalities,some good, some bad but what they all have is money, which we all pay too much homage to.

The real values are all lost, because we have it too easy, in many ways.

yes, it does seem to be getting worse.

13 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

The fact that the club haven't released any sort of statement, 24 hours on from the incident, speaks volumes and suggests there's more to this than meets the eye. What the **** have you done Jack

I suspect the cover up is being meticulously planned.

1 hour ago, leighavfc said:

Exactly mate. I agree, no logic to leaving if everything was ok. Why didnt he just go back into McCormacks flat if he didnt want to be see or pictured too? He then could have spoke to police and sorted it there and then... but he didnt... 

I guess if you take The Sun's story on face value (big If) - the get together ended with what sounds like an argument/fight - that matches up with Jack storming out with one shoe in an emotional state and foolishly deciding to get in the car - it's also good reason why he wouldn't want to go back in.

9 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Like i said to you earlier mate i cant work the relationship out. Worrying really. But i wont say anything more than that.

It suggests to me he has underlying problems, for him to be attracted to drinkers, like this.

assuming its all true.....but i am expecting a campaign of denial or watering down.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

This absolutely 110%......

As a footballer Jack's great and my 12 year old son absolutely idolises him...

HOWEVER...

Yesterday the stories break and I get  ''Whats he done Dad?'' ''I thought we weren't allowed out??'' etc etc

So im telling my son sorry you cant see your cousins, you cant play football with your mates, you cant go on holiday at Easter etc etc and these reckless W*nkers are mixing getting drunk in a flat before thinking that's not quite enough rule breaking so I will  attempt to drive home drunk as well

Words fail me, anyone defending it needs to look at themselves

Yep. I'm stunned at the lengths people were going to justify it or pass it off as innocent. 

We'd all like to be carrying on as normal right now so we can't. And him doing this just again highlights the rich and famous do whatever the **** they want while the rest of us suffer. 

**** that. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess if you take The Sun's story on face value (big If) - the get together ended with what sounds like an argument/fight - that matches up with Jack storming out with one shoe in an emotional state and foolishly deciding to get in the car - it's also good reason why he wouldn't want to go back in.

But is it surprising, that mixing with McCormack, would end like this......I'll bet he is laughing his tits off......one back at the club, job done.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

It suggests to me he has underlying problems, for him to be attracted to drinkers, like this.

assuming its all true.....but i am expecting a campaign of denial or watering down.

I suspect the same too mate 

Â