The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Absolutely, I think all the players should realise that if Jack says "give me the ball" then give it to him. His football intelligence is way above the rest of them that it's more than likely there's something on - and there was in that situation.

Its not that every time Jack gets the ball he does right. Sometimes there are better choices but I guess his faith in teammates is low.

But the Hourihane one was annoying, if he gave it to Jack that would have been a goal 8 of 10 times.

12 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Its not that every time Jack gets the ball he does right. Sometimes there are better choices but I guess his faith in teammates is low.

But the Hourihane one was annoying, if he gave it to Jack that would have been a goal 8 of 10 times.

I know he doesn't do everything right and he had a bad game on Saturday (who didn't?). I just mean that he doesn't ask for the ball when he knows he can't do anything. Not that he's hiding or anything, just he sees when things are on when others don't.

I'm fed up of seeing this £70m valuation the papers have convinced themselves on. Iwobi went for £40m+ last season and there are a number of high profile teams competing for Grealish's signature - for me I'd be disappointed if the club let him go for anywhere near £70m and if he has to go, I'd be hoping for twice that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm fed up of seeing this £70m valuation the papers have convinced themselves on. Iwobi went for £40m+ last season and there are a number of high profile teams competing for Grealish's signature - for me I'd be disappointed if the club let him go for anywhere near £70m and if he has to go, I'd be hoping for twice that.

Double of £70m?

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So you’d make him the second most expensive player of all time? 

I think in the current market, prices have ballooned to an extent where that wouldn't be the case for very long.

Average Premier league players are changing hands for £30-40m - genuine stars like Grealish are worth a lot more than that. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in the current market, prices have ballooned to an extent where that wouldn't be the case for very long.

Average Premier league players are changing hands for £30-40m - genuine stars like Grealish are worth a lot more than that. 

You are almost sounding like he’s already gone

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You are almost sounding like he’s already gone

Barring us staying up, getting europe, a euros call up but a poor tournament and the club sticking a ridiculous price tag on him then yeah I think he is 

Maddison or jack will break the English transfer record this summer (pogba £89m 4 years ago) 

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well I'm hoping not obviously, There's a spate of articles that have appeared today with this £70m figure though that have got my goat.

Well, I was hoping that he’d be our own Stevie G and be a one club man and stay with us for his whole career. I’d pay about as much attention to newspaper articles as you do to one of my posts

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Barring us staying up, getting europe, a euros call up but a poor tournament and the club sticking a ridiculous price tag on him then yeah I think he is 

Maddison or jack will break the English transfer record this summer (pogba £89m 4 years ago) 

Until he’s actually pictured holding another club’s shirt, I will cling to the hope of him still being a Villa player 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well, I was hoping that he’d be our own Stevie G and be a one club man and stay with us for his whole career. I’d pay about as much attention to newspaper articles as you do to one of my posts

He already played for Notts County on loan

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Stevie G.....? Last week he was bang average and overrated lol. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Stevie G.....? Last week he was bang average and overrated lol. 

I didn’t say he was average, I’ve never said that about him, I did say that he has become overrated which I think he has. We can say he is world class when he’s performed consistently well for a top club in the Premier League or the Champions League until then he is a good Premier League player 

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I didn’t say he was average, I’ve never said that about him, I did say that he has become overrated which I think he has. We can say he is world class when he’s performed consistently well for a top club in the Premier League or the Champions League until then he is a good Premier League player 

Would you stretch as far as... Super?

Â