The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That’s the crux of it.

It’ll be painful when he leaves, because he’s been the one shining light in our team for years now, but say we get £90m for him, you could spend that on a handful of quality players to improve the squad (eg: Benrahma £25m, Buendia £20m & Kalvin Phillips £25m with £20m spare for a Todd Cantwell or other young starlet squad options).

Whilst it pains me to say it, and I'd hate to see it happen,  we'd be a better and more balanced team with those players in place of Grealish. 

That said,  the values of all those players will be more than that come the end of the season, so dont see a spare 20m, and if we're selling it's probably because we're in the championship and wouldn't be able to tempt all of them to make the swap without paying massive wages.

The principle stands though, whatever money we would get if we sold Jack could be reinvested sensibly and set us up to better move forward.  Its such a high risk strategy though, and nothing in our recent history suggests we're capable of doing that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Whilst it pains me to say it, and I'd hate to see it happen,  we'd be a better and more balanced team with those players in place of Grealish. 

That said,  the values of all those players will be more than that come the end of the season, so dont see a spare 20m, and if we're selling it's probably because we're in the championship and wouldn't be able to tempt all of them to make the swap without paying massive wages.

The principle stands though, whatever money we would get if we sold Jack could be reinvested sensibly and set us up to better move forward.  Its such a high risk strategy though, and nothing in our recent history suggests we're capable of doing that.

It’s all ifs, buts and maybes.

If we stay up and Jack leaves, we could even get more than £90m. It’s funny, I felt I was being conservative with that price :D

Then, Buendia and Cantwell would probably be from a relegated Norwich side, so their prices might not be astronomical.

I don’t know if I even want Phillips, but if Leeds bottle promotion again, they’ll be desperate for cash (eg: they’re contractually bound to permanently signing that chap from Wolves), so Phillips could go for less than they want.

Having said that, Benrahma is part of the Brentford “add £20m” machine, so he’s probably worth about £60m by now, so I suppose it all balances out :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How much would he be worth if we get relegated? 50 mill?

Not sure if trolling given recent comments, but you only have to look at the way Jack handled the potential Tottenham departure to know he wouldn't screw us over. He'd leave, reluctantly,  and trying to get the best deal possible for the club he supports.

He knows his worth and any team that wants him will have to value him more than Maguire or any other £50m player you care to mention in recent history.

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How much would he be worth if we get relegated? 50 mill?

He's worth what we want for him. If FFP is thrown about we can always sell others in order to keep Jack if we wanted to. But, it would all depend on what Jack wants. 

• Like 1

Even if we get relegated imo he is going to cost a shitload more than 50m now. He is fast becoming the name on everybody's lips when discussing top players in the league. Also when he gets that 1st cap(soon) and plays in the Euros this summer(even if we go down), he will still be a Villa player. Bar a frigging catastrophe he will come out that tournament rated even higher.

There is not a cat in hells chance that NSWE will get bent over and shafted on any deal for Jack. He is without doubt the biggest commercial player asset we currently have and is going to get much bigger still over the next few years. There is no way we sell a 100m plus player on a long term deal for a 50m only for his value to skyrocket somewhere else. I think even if Jack goes because we've gone down there will be some serious clauses ensuring some heavy payments further down the line.  

53 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not sure if trolling given recent comments, but you only have to look at the way Jack handled the potential Tottenham departure to know he wouldn't screw us over. He'd leave, reluctantly,  and trying to get the best deal possible for the club he supports.

He knows his worth and any team that wants him will have to value him more than Maguire or any other £50m player you care to mention in recent history.

Don't know how to break this to you but Jack doesn't decide on how much he'll cost in a potential sale. The clubs generally do that.

Although it's annoying, all this noise is good for the end of the season. Even if we go down, the bigger a deal he seems the more we can charge, it all gets added up.

As well as being an absolute baller, Jack is turning into a superstar. Playing for Villa, there's no way he should be the star of the England squad, but it feels like he's got the most eyes on him of any English player right now.

£65m starting price for me. 

Edited by Tomaszk

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Although it's annoying, all this noise is good for the end of the season. Even if we go down, the bigger a deal he seems the more we can charge, it all gets added up.

As well as being an absolute baller, Jack is turning into a superstar. Playing for Villa, there's no way he should be the star of the England squad, but it feels like he's got the most eyes on him of any English player right now.

£65m starting price for me. 

For me it would have to be 80 million or no deal. He's worth all of that in this inflated market.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

For me it would have to be 80 million or no deal. He's worth all of that in this inflated market.

He's worth it yes, but I don't think we'll get that if we go down.

5 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’ve always been a Villa ‘fan’ and used to go to a couple of games a year with my godmother but never had Sky so only vaguely remember some of the players from that era and wasn’t a big football fan at younger ages. I started to take much more of an interest around 13/14 a little bit before O’Neill took over.

O'Neill took over in 2006!

6 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Because Cahill was never even first choice for us when we had a fully fit squad, whereas Jack is one of the most talented players in the league.

We had great centre backs at the time, it was always going to be tough for Cahill to break through, he nearly did. Christ, I think they’re overhyping him, don’t get me wrong, Grealish is a very good footballer but he’s not 1 of the most talented in the league in my opinion

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We had great centre backs at the time, it was always going to be tough for Cahill to break through, he nearly did. Christ, I think they’re overhyping him, don’t get me wrong, Grealish is a very good footballer but he’s not 1 of the most talented in the league in my opinion

Yes, we did have great CBs at the time. Mellberg and Laursen were better than Cahill, ergo Cahill is not the best player you've seen play for us 😉

If you don't see it with Jack, that's fair enough; you're entitled to your opinion. In my time watching Villa, he's in a potentially world class category with a population of 2 alongside Martin Laursen. I saw Yorke, Bosnich, etc play for us but was too young to truly judge them.

• Thanks 1

Â