The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

True dat.

It just so happens that they lost their shit enough to buy our football club so hopefully he can do us a deal with the kit sponsorship.

Adidas have not bought Aston Villa 

• Like 1

If he is sold then we have to pay off the remainder of his contract too.  That will take a chunk out of any profit if he has just signed a new 5 year one.  

So with that being said I doubt we would accept anything less than 25 million.

Best he stays one more year 😜

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If he is sold then we have to pay off the remainder of his contract too.  That will take a chunk out of any profit if he has just signed a new 5 year one.  

No we don't..

38 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Of course we don’t have to pay off the remainder of his contract if he’s sold .

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

It's only when cancelling a contract you pay the remainder or a mutually agreed fee. 

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

It's only when cancelling a contract you pay the remainder or a mutually agreed fee. 

Cheers for the info boys so it's loyalty bonus and signing on fee you forgo handing in a transfer request.

So not quite the full amount but still a couple of million.  Hence why no player does it!

Anyway need the boy on the bench Wednesday to give us a boost.

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Cheers for the info boys so it's loyalty bonus and signing on fee you forgo handing in a transfer request.

So not quite the full amount but still a couple of million.  Hence why no player does it!

Anyway need the boy on the bench Wednesday to give us a boost.

Don’t rush him back, just wait until he’s fully fit, he’s integral to the way we play, our best player, we don’t want him to get injured again

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t rush him back, just wait until he’s fully fit, he’s integral to the way we play, our best player, we don’t want him to get injured again

I think we are at the point where we are so far adrift we may need to take a risk on him while we still have a slight chance of making the top 6. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think we are at the point where we are so far adrift we may need to take a risk on him while we still have a slight chance of making the top 6. 

And risk possible long term injury? There’s no point rushing him back in my opinion

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

And risk possible long term injury? There’s no point rushing him back in my opinion

Depends how he feels - smith says jack wants to be out there , I’d be inclined to take the chance as another 3 games without him we will probably be 10 points adrift of the top 6 .

At least having him on the bench against the Albion would give us a lift .

Edited by Eastie

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Depends how he feels - smith says jack wants to be out there , I’d be inclined to take the chance as another 3 games without him we will probably be 10 points adrift of the top 6 .

At least having him on the bench against the Albion would give us a lift .

Agreed but I think we’re thinking long term now with the signing of Guilbert and Jack himself signing a new long term contract not so long ago. Rushing him back could have a detrimental effect in my opinion 

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed but I think we’re thinking long term now with the signing of Guilbert and Jack himself signing a new long term contract not so long ago. Rushing him back could have a detrimental effect in my opinion 

True, but if we sell him then it’ll be spurs problem and not ours...  we need to get back up, and quick.

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

There’s no point going up and then coming straight back down, it’s a marathon not a sprint

I'd say there is a point, how about a year of premier league money followed by 3 years of parachute payments?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'd say there is a point, how about a year of premier league money followed by 3 years of parachute payments?

We need stability, we don’t want to be a yo-yo club, if it means one more year in The Championship then so be it. We’re building for the long term in my opinion 

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Although he signed a new 5 year deal there are no guarantees he will not be sold - we don’t know if he has any clause in that contract and  I don’t see him staying in the championship much longer if we fail to go up .

what that contract does give us will be a decent fee if we sell him - I hope he stays with us but can understand if he did go for a decent fee .

• Like 1

Â