Is Wayne Rooney overrated?

Zatman

Is he overrated  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Is he overrated

• Yes
    • No

how so? I don't bring it up in every thread, the main culprits are Trent and POB

Because as an opinion its just so patently wrong. That's all. You spawned it.

Can we just let it die because it wasn't funny to start with and it's really, really tiresome.

I don't think Rooney is over-hyped at all. I don't think any of the English players are over-hyped.... they prove what they can do at club level.

I just think that collection of players as a team is over-hyped, and just do not perform well as a team. Each player definitely has the talent, to say someone like Rooney is over-hyped after the way they perform for one of the biggest clubs in the world is just stupid imo.

I voted no. I dont think you can make a decision based on other players performances though. For me, it doesnt matter how good the likes of Messi, Ronaldo are i cant see how that affects a player being over rated? Rooneys capabilities are very high, look at what he did at Man Utd this season, banged goals in for fun. Just because he had a crap World Cup doesnt mean he is over rated, it just means he under performed..

Oh by the way, if we are going on big games in world cup, is Ronaldo world class? He's yet to shine up any world stage?

Ronaldo has been decent without the spectacular. Rooney was very poor.

He's been pretty poor to be fair, apart from a decent display vs North Korea...

Here's another one Fernando Torres at the World Cup? I'm pretty sure he's been terrible so far. Euro's can't be used as an excuse as Rooney was top class in Euro 2004....

Iniesta has also been pretty poor so far.

All the players you have mentioned have been a lot better than Rooney (bar maybe Torres who has rushed back from a knee operation).

Fair enough Rooney may be injured and not recovered but that is just how I see it.

I liked him better back in his granny shagging days, some of the goals he used to score, he was explosive, now he just scores tap-ins and headers. He seems to have lost that dynamism, might score more but compare him to the Rooney that was tearing teams apart in Euro 2004, that's the sort of player we could have done with this summer.

I HATE the term "over-rated".

If everyone thinks hes over rated, then hes not rated, therefore how can he be over rated?

He's not as good in an England shirt as he is a Man U shirt that's for sure. (Although he did score 9 in qualifying remember.)

All the players you have mentioned have been a lot better than Rooney (bar maybe Torres who has rushed back from a knee operation).

Fair enough Rooney may be injured and not recovered but that is just how I see it.

Hold on...

So Torres has just come back from an injury and has been horrific but it's used as an excuse to why he's playing badly?

Rooney is obviously carrying an injury and suddenly he's poorer then everyone else???

I'm sorry, but carrying an injury is worse then coming back from one.

I hear a rumour that he may have something on his mind during the World Cup that could explain his performances. But only a rumour so I won't mention it here. :P

Come on...out with it!

It's going to be all over the weekend papers seemingly.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

It's all over twitter tonight.

Type ROONEY into twitter search, it'll be there somewhere.

(He's Over-rated)

Â