Zatman

Is he overrated  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Is he overrated

• Yes
    • No

Miroslav Klose (who always steps it up) is world class

Dont be stupid!

6 goals in 38 games...oh yeah, prolific!!!

u clearly didnt read/understand my full post

Nope...just read it again and still think its silly pal!

so miroslav klose will be remembered for what - 6 goals in 38 games or

one of the all time world cup top scorers????

Milan Baros won the Golden Boot for Euro 2004...does that make him world class?

is Euro 2004 the highest level of football? And Baros could never follow it up

Klose has scored goals 3 world cups on the bounce

George Best never even played in a world cup, does that mean that beacuse he never scored in a world cup he was not world class?

George Best never even played in a world cup, does that mean that beacuse he never scored in a world cup he was not world class?

No, of course there are exceptions due to where players were born, who's achievements are so great, there abilities cant be questioned

George Best

Ryan Giggs for example

But the England players have had numerous opportunities and bottle it everytime

System after system, manager after manager, tournament after tournament - they bottle it. Simple as!

I dont think George Best would bottle it

No, of course there are exceptions due to where players were born, who's achievements are so great, there abilities cant be questioned

George Best

Ryan Giggs for example

System after system, manager after manager, tournament after tournament - they bottle it. Simple as!

I agree with what you have just said.

Its just the Klose being world class thing...he just isnt and never has been!

George Best

Ryan Giggs for example

Well obviously people have different opinions of what world class means and which players fit into that definition. What I know is that if I had to pick a world 11 to play in a world cup tournament, based on the last 3 tournaments alone - I would consider Miroslav Klose as a striker

George Best

Ryan Giggs for example

Well obviously people have different opinions of what world class means and which players fit into that definition. What I know is that if I had to pick a world 11 to play in a world cup tournament, based on the last 3 tournaments alone - I would consider Miroslav Klose as a striker

Each to there own and all that mate :winkold:

George Best

Ryan Giggs for example

Each to there own and all that mate :winkold:

Well while I can think of a few strikers who are technically better, I cant think of many who have performed so well at world cups. U could definately rely on him to get goals.

You couldnt say the same about Rooney atm

Seems as though some posters are finally seeing sense after I've been banging on for ages about how overrated he is. World class players dominate games no matter how big they are, this guy goes missing time and time again, on the other hand when was 18, I thought he was going to be 1 of the best players ever to play the game, he was that good but imo he's gone so far backwards since then, I think this is mainly due to being over-played at a very young age and he's suffering as a result. I said before this WC that he wouldn't do anything in the tournament and was yet again proved right.

Seems as though some posters are finally seeing sense after I've been banging on for ages about how overrated he is. World class players dominate games no matter how big they are, this guy goes missing time and time again, on the other hand when was 18, I thought he was going to be 1 of the best players ever to play the game, he was that good but imo he's gone so far backwards since then, I think this is mainly due to being over-played at a very young age and he's suffering as a result. I said before this WC that he wouldn't do anything in the tournament and was yet again proved right.

I think the opposite. Seriously far back? After having one of the best seasons of his career (if not the best)? How does that work?

I think the opposite. Seriously far back? After having one of the best seasons of his career (if not the best)? How does that work?

I just think he's lost the flair he had when he was that age, yes he had a good season last season, I think much of this was down to the service of Nani and Valencia. I can't remember any goals that he created for himself, the vast majority being simple headers or tap ins. I also think that season was a one-off, I'd be amazed if he replicates the goalscoring form he showed last season this season.

Â