Bergkamp or Van Basten?

maqroll

Who Was Better, Bergkamp or Van Basten?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Better, Bergkamp or Van Basten?

• Dennis Bergkamp
    • Marco Van Basten

Very difficult question. They were both absolute top drawer players, but I think I'd rather see a peak Van Basten in a Villa shirt.

van Basten with some distance, IMO. One of the best strikers I've ever seen. Shame his career was interrupted by those injuries. Doesn't mean Bergkamp wasn't top class, just that van Basten had that little extra that very few other players have.

Bergkamp.....I never saw Van Basten.

Oh, that's a pity. Given the comments in here, I'd be curious if I was you :)

FWIW I voted van Basten :nod:

Before my time too with Van Basten always seen that volley in highlights, however for me Bergkamp took the Premier League to another level, that goal he scored up at Newcastle where people think he miscontrolled it but it clearly shown he knew what he was doing, Quality goal! So i'll go with Bergkamp!

Bergkamp was pretty tasty, but i would imagine that a fully fit Van Basten in the todays premiership would be unreal. He was awesome in Italy - while Bergkamp was just good in Italy (albeit early in his career)

Saw both,

Pruely as a striker Van Basten but as a footballer Begkamp by a country mile, he brought more to a team than Van basten

I see it the other way. Van Basten provided end product, and he provided it in spades. If the aim of the game is about putting the ball in the back of the net then Marco Van Basten more than pulled his weight as he was a genuine thirty goal a season striker. He scored all kinds of goals, a great six yard box poacher and a man who could find the top corner on a regular basis too. He could shoot with either foot, was decent in the air, had a great first touch and pace to burn. I guess Fernado Torres is the easiest present day player to compare him too.

He was a cracking footballer, its a shame that the only way other teams knew how to stop him was by kicking the shit out of him.

Saw both,

Pruely as a striker Van Basten but as a footballer Begkamp by a country mile, he brought more to a team than Van basten

I see it the other way. Van Basten provided end product, and he provided it in spades. If the aim of the game is about putting the ball in the back of the net then Marco Van Basten more than pulled his weight as he was a genuine thirty goal a season striker. He scored all kinds of goals, a great six yard box poacher and a man who could find the top corner on a regular basis too. He could shoot with either foot, was decent in the air, had a great first touch and pace to burn. I guess Fernado Torres is the easiest present day player to compare him too.

He was a cracking footballer, its a shame that the only way other teams knew how to stop him was by kicking the shit out of him.

Couldnt finish his dinner

Â