Bergkamp or Van Basten?

maqroll

Who Was Better, Bergkamp or Van Basten?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Better, Bergkamp or Van Basten?

• Dennis Bergkamp
    • Marco Van Basten

Good comparison. Imagine a quicker more clinical version of Torres :)

The one player always compared to him in Europe maybe its due to his build and Ajax connections is Zlatan.

If only he had the attitude and mentality of MVB he would probably be one of worlds best

The one player always compared to him in Europe maybe its due to his build and Ajax connections is Zlatan.

Maybe his build, but that's where it emphatically ends.

Zlatan? How'd you work that one out? Van Basten actually turned up for the big games!

:lol::lol:

I never made it. Journalists and coaches at Ajax made it. As i said they have similar height and both played for Ajax

Zlatan? How'd you work that one out? Van Basten actually turned up for the big games!

:lol::lol:

I never made it. Journalists and coaches at Ajax made it. As i said they have similar height and both played for Ajax

True, they were compared. But even I who's been defending Zlatan on here many times could say that they are similar. MvB was on of a kind, Zlatan isn't even close to that level.

Thanks for that video, Rev. :thumb: What a player he was.

Excellent question. My mouse hovered about Bergkamp, then over to Van Basten, then back to Bergkamp, and as soon as I clicked on Bergkamp I wished I'd clicked Van Basten.

Both were genius players who brought something to the team that no-one else could. For a pure striker I would say Van Basten was better, but Bergkamp provided so much for the team and was always capable of just doing something incredible out of the blue.

Bergkamp.....I never saw Van Basten.
same here, bergkamp is one of my favourites

Odd logic.

Robinho better than Pele then? Torres better than di Stefano? Tevez better than Maradona?

You know, I think I'd say Ruud Gullit was a better player than Dennis Bergkamp too, and I think Bergkamp is one of the greatest players of his generation. For a small country, the Dutch have produced some amazing players.

You know, I think I'd say Ruud Gullit was a better player than Dennis Bergkamp too, and I think Bergkamp is one of the greatest players of his generation. For a small country, the Dutch have produced some amazing players.

I'd say possibly Rijkaard from that era as well.

That's before you even start on the brilliance of their previous generation.

Cruyff, Arie Haan, Neeskins, the van der Kerkhofs.......quality players

Again true. IIRC Gullit were thought the better talent of him and MvB before they went to Milan. At least over here.

Cruyff, Arie Haan, Neeskins, the van der Kerkhofs.......quality players

The Dutch have always had 'special' players. Van Basten for his ruthlessness but I went for Dennis because he carried on playing brıillıant football well into his thirties.

btw I had Neeskins on a shirt at Euro 2008, me and some mates all went Dutch for the tournament. Every game I got a tap on the shoulder asking me who Neeskins was.

Every game I got a tap on the shoulder asking me who Neeskins was.

You probably wouldn't have gotten a tap if it was spelt Neeskens :P

Â