Bergkamp or Van Basten?

maqroll

Who Was Better, Bergkamp or Van Basten?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Better, Bergkamp or Van Basten?

• Dennis Bergkamp
    • Marco Van Basten

You know, I think I'd say Ruud Gullit was a better player than Dennis Bergkamp too, and I think Bergkamp is one of the greatest players of his generation. For a small country, the Dutch have produced some amazing players.

I think its how they train the players. I think i read in the academies the players dont touch the ball until there about 10 or 11 and work on other things like movement

It is absolutely like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Bentley, but if you want to win football games you go with van Basten. And when you cut out all the bullshit, it's about winning football games at the highest level.

It is absolutely like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Bentley, but if you want to win football games you go with van Basten. And when you cut out all the bullshit, it's about winning football games at the highest level.

hmmmmm, think theres a few Argentinian fans who wish Bergkamp didnt know how to win football games?

Marco Van Basten for me. Lets say Bergkamps peak was 94-2001. I feel Ronaldo, Batistuta, Baggio, Romario, Vieiri, Stoitchkov, Raul, Klinsmann and Rivaldo better. A controversial view which I will no doubt get criticised for but I feel those guys had more. He was a still a top player though.

Do you think I was implying Bergkamp doesn't know how to win games?

Your comment suggests that.

You infer incorrectly.

Â