• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thought Rooney was a disgrace , not merely his performance but his post match comments on the fans which basically highlighted how far apart the fans and players are in the modern game

I also thought Rooney was a disgrace , not merely his performance but his post match comments on the fans which basically highlighted how far apart the fans and players are in the modern game

I also think that the pathetic FA written apology was a disgrace too

I also think that the pathetic FA written apology was a disgrace too

Sums up the debacle of the FA.

The first bit of passion that Rooney shows in the tournament and the FA make him apologise for it :)

The insider will be Terry, he leaks all the Chelsea gossip as well.

And he was the reason Mourinho got sacked, sounds like he's doing similar to Capello.

So Terry losing the captaincy is now trying to get one back on Fabio?

We always knew he was an odious word removed but to try and **** up his country's chances I find either ridiculous or if true unforgiveable and he should never wear the shirt again.

Anyone else feel it's time to get rid of all these stars and breed in the future England footballers now. It just seems a real lack of effort and pride from some players.

I seriously believe if Gabby, Young and Downing were in that squad and playing we'd be in a better position then what we are in.

It's just a total mess, Terry seems to be the instigator, I don't know who's the bigger dick, Rooney or Terry?

Anyone else feel it's time to get rid of all these stars and breed in the future England footballers now. It just seems a real lack of effort and pride from some players.

I seriously believe if Gabby, Young and Downing were in that squad and playing we'd be in a better position then what we are in.

It's just a total mess, Terry seems to be the instigator, I don't know who's the bigger dick, Rooney or Terry?

Had the FA adopted a policy of only selecting players from below the Premiership, we would probably have qualified for the next round by now.

Terry, Deco, Anelka have all caused unrest in their respective camps. Does anyone recognise the common denominator?

I read that a delegation of 9 players went to capello with a list of demands. One of them was more freedom, another was a change in formation...............and one of them was that they didn't want Heskey in the team. :lol::lol::lol: :cry: :cry: . When the team eventually come home, I want to know EVERYTHING that has happened since they arived in south africa.

Terry, Deco, Anelka have all caused unrest in their respective camps. Does anyone recognise the common denominator?

Pukka pukka daan the Kings Road pukka pukka I fackin loves Chelsea I does pukka pukka despite not going to a game before Mourinho pukka pukka...

Some seem to let their personal disliking for someone get in the way.

Drop Terry, why? When exactly was the last time he put a foot wrong on an England shirt? He's done well considering he's had shit for partners so far this tournement.

I'm pretty sure we'd win the WC by dropping Lampard/Gerrard/Rooney wouldn't we. And this 'can't play together' shit that comes out after every none-victory we have. They both got 2 against Croatia who're not exactly pushovers.

I do have to wonder who some would have in the team, Dawson, Defoe, Carrick? :lol:

In the next game i'd have Defoe and Dawson from that list.

Dawson is twice the player Upson is, and i'd start with Crouch and Defoe, tried and tested combination. Then bring Rooney on.

-------Crouch - Defoe ------

J.Cole, Barry, Gerrard, Milner

That's what i'd play...

or the 4-5-1 with Gerrard supporting Rooney.

Either one will work IMO.

Had the FA adopted a policy of only selecting players from below the Premiership, we would probably have qualified for the next round by now

:shock:

disagree, you're either overestimating some of those championship players or insulting some of the other nations.

If you'd said only selecting players from clubs not in the champions league, then I might agree :lol:

Then bring Rooney on.

:lol:

Leave 1 of the top 5 strikers in the world on the bench!?!?

You need locking up in a padded room mate! :D

Why, he's been playing shit! And would only perform well in a 4-5-1 formation...

Hence me saying...

That's what i'd play...

or the 4-5-1 with Gerrard supporting Rooney.

Either one will work IMO.

But I do think there would be more overall balance playing 4-4-2 against this team without Rooney in it. You play the best system, not the best players.

Suppose we should keep playing Gerrard and Lampard in the middle, should we? *rolls eyes*

Regardless of what formation you play...there is no possible way you can leave Wayne Rooney on the bench, its just crazy talk.

All this 'drop Rooney' talk is ridiculous, he's one of the best players in the world, you CANT leave him out of the team!

Judging by club form Lampard is surely one of the best mid fielders in the world, shall we keep him in too?

So no matter how badly Rooney plays, no matter how badly he cant control a ball, no matter how much he keeps blaming everyone else for him being shite, he should just keep on getting the nod to play?

Judging by club form Lampard is surely one of the best mid fielders in the world, shall we keep him in too?

YES - Lampard is one of the best midfielders in the world.

So no matter how badly Rooney plays, no matter how badly he cant control a ball, no matter how much he keeps blaming everyone else for him being shite, he should just keep on getting the nod to play?

YES - He can win a game on his own, every player on the planet has poor games...i say again, its crazy to even think about dropping Rooney, he IS one of the best players on the planet.

We'll have to agree to disagree then!

I'm a firm believer that football should be played based on a system suiting the players you have at your disposal. At the minute it aint working with Rooney and Lampard

THE only way Lampard and Rooney should play is if we go 4-5-1.

If we stay 4-4-2, drop Rooney and Lampard, they can always come on and impact the game with a change of style / formation.

Rooney is letting it all get to his head and he's just gunna get himself sent off.

If we were playing someone "better" then us, then i think 4-5-1 is the best option. But our next game should be 4-4-2.