Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finally finished Death Note yesterday. Never thought I would be so sad to see a serial killer die, and really kind of wish he got away with it all. Baww~

I've never seen the series but loved the movies. Might have to pick it up at some point.

Yeh, I saw the live action versions first too actually, but they are very different to the anime. Which, actually, follows the manga pretty much spot on, I hear. It's 39 episodes long, has some incredible moments, but kind of shoots itself in the foot by moving at an incredibly fast pace at times, only to then slow right down and you find yourself waiting for something major to happen every episode, which, of course, it doesn't.

I've never seen the live action movies, though I got bought them for Xmas from my sister. I tried watching a bit of the first one since it was on Film Four a couple of years back now, but it just didn't work for me.

The anime is one of my absolute favourites of all time, partly because of the speed at which it moves at. However... I'll put this in spoilers despite your above post being a huge one :P...

A...as soon as L dies and Near and Mello come in to succeed him it starts being a bit crappy and slows right down. The overall ending was a bit disappointing. I was kind of hoping L might fake his death and then come back, either that or Light would actually win, but I think we always knew that could never happen. Still, the first season of the anime is absolutely phenomenal. Think I'll have to watch it again.

For the Game of Thrones enthusiasts:

If Facebook existed in Westeros

Warning: Spoilers for S3 E1 in the link.

Found it quite funny  :)

Ha, the woman who can queef assassins :P

Edited by Ginko

Having initially not given the big bang theory much of a chance and dismissing it for so many years I have now watched the first two seasons and its now potentially one of my favourite shows of all time. I don't know if its because my tastes have changed or my state of mind is different compared to back then, I really don't know. Its weird how these things change as you get older.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

BBT is good value.

It's still in that bracket of cheesy American sitcoms, which imo always have a slight negative attached to them. But as far as they go, BBT is definitely one of the best.

I don't want to like The Big Bang Theory because it really is incredibly formulaic and oh so predictable and laughter tracks wind me up .(I know when to laugh thank you ) The thing is I can't. help but love it . It's just really comfortable viewing and I love science which helps. It would not get in my top ten Yank sitcoms but it is the best of the rest.

I don't want to like The Big Bang Theory because it really is incredibly formulaic and oh so predictable and laughter tracks wind me up .(I know when to laugh thank you ) The thing is I can't. help but love it . It's just really comfortable viewing and I love science which helps. It would not get in my top ten Yank sitcoms but it is the best of the rest.

It's a live audience to be fair.

(I know they still add laughter tracks here and there but the majority is audience)

Turns out Parks and Recreation does get better

Yeah, I've just caught up with BBC4 (up to the start of season 2 and the gay penguin marriage) and it's gone from 'quite funny with a few chuckles' to rather brilliant.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the returning episode of Game of Thrones but I did think the CGI for the dragon was a bit gash.

Cheaping out - could have used a real dragon at least.

• Like 1

Turns out Parks and Recreation does get better

Yeah, I've just caught up with BBC4 (up to the start of season 2 and the gay penguin marriage) and it's gone from 'quite funny with a few chuckles' to rather brilliant.

Yep. That last episode where they're all trying to find dirt on each other was hilarious.

Â