Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought it was **** garbage

My view might be tarnished somewhat as first time I saw it was when my wife and I hadn't been together long and were watching it at her place. It was so long we stopped half way for a break to have sex. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

But were the 2 episodes good?

Episode 1 was okay but episode 2 was very good. I just don't want to have to wait ages for the rest of it. Just release them all at once. 

17 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Are you confusing it with Highway to Heaven, a programme about Jonathan Smith an Angel who used to do good deeds? Held the Sunday afternoon back from the pub and after dinner slot for many a year

Just before or after Bullseye if memory serves me correctly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Just before or after Bullseye if memory serves me correctly.

Correct, for the record the best episode was 'The Devil and Jonathan Smith' ground-breaking stuff at the time 

10 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

@rjw63 Have you watched the Ray Donovan movie yet? 

I pay for every TV service going and you can’t get it anywhere (legally) over here, you can’t even pay to rent it FFS. 

What?

Ray Donovan movie?

Never heard of such a thing, I hope you are right!

14 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I pay for every TV service going and you can’t get it anywhere (legally) over here, you can’t even pay to rent it FFS. 

Well well, they kept that quiet.

I found it too, acquiring as we speak :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

What?

Ray Donovan movie?

It was released in January. After it got cancelled there was a big fan campaign and they ended up making a movie to finish it off, instead of what should have been season 8 

https://www.sho.com/titles/3508117/ray-donovan-the-movie

A showdown decades in the making brings the Donovan family legacy full circle. As the events that made Ray who he is today finally come to light, the Donovans find themselves drawn back to Boston to face the past. Each of them struggles to overcome their violent upbringing, but destiny dies hard, and only their fierce love for each other keeps them in the fight. Whether they stand together or they go down swinging, one thing is certain – Ray doesn’t do loose ends.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

What?

Ray Donovan movie?

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Well well, they kept that quiet.

I found it too, acquiring as we speak :)

Watched it a couple of weeks back, only by chance found out it had aired in the US. Good film and a nice end to the series.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Watched it a couple of weeks back, only by chance found out it had aired in the US. Good film and a nice end to the series.

I hope so, my Mom loves Ray Donovan and will be mortified if they kill him off.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I hope so, my Mom loves Ray Donovan and will be mortified if they kill him off.

I follow Liev Schreiber on Twitter and he never tweeted that the movie was airing earlier this year. Surprising as he usually bigs up anything he's been working on coming to the big or small screen.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

For some reason my mind associates this show with "Kingdom of Heaven", that shite Orlando Bloom film from the noughties.

Which means I'm completely unmotivated to watch The Last Kingdom. It's totally irrational.

But given your verdict I'm going to push myself and watch it :D

I’ve been guilty of the same. Actually started TLK last night after writing it off for years. Two episodes in, it’s fine. Nothing more than that (yet), but fine. I’ll give it a chance. 

On 15/03/2022 at 19:16, Rds1983 said:

I actually kinda like Kingdom of Heaven. If it didn't have Bloom as the lead and cut some of the unnecessary bits it would be a very good film. 

The directors cut makes it watchable and half decent 

The original cut is shite 

18 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm after rewatching all 3 series of Top Boy before the new series is released tomorrow, forgot how excellent it was. 

I find it mad how in series 3 in particular its kano, little simz and dave as well as some others, it's not theatre school graduates 

Not seen any reviews or spoilers or anything but seen a couple of articles saying series 4 will launch the actress who plays jaq in a similar fashion to Michael Ward after series 3

• Like 1

Â