Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

When you're strung out on the latest 'clever, must see, highly rated, big budget blockbuster' box set then you need a 'come down' show. I've found mine. The Goldbergs. It's kind of crap but I really really like it. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 10:38, Davkaus said:

I finished season 1 of Man In The High Castle yesterday, which was brilliant. For people that haven't seen it, it's an alternate history in which the axis won WW2, and America is split between German and Japanese rule.It takes some pretty impressive writing and acting for me to start sympathising with nazis!

WTF was that ending though? A few months until season 2 is out, that was a hell of a cliffhanger to leave it on.

I wanted to watch this but there were a lot of mixed reviews. Some sad it was a great watch, then others said it was very cheesy and silly at times. I am torn. 

Goliath, If you like Billy Bob Thornton watch it, If not then watch it anyway & there's only 8 episodes (amazon prime original show)

Basic premise is Washed up drunk lawyer takes on a case against huge weapons company represented by the giant law firm he helped set up.

It's all a bit unbelievable but it's very well cast, moves along at a good pace and for the most part is very enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I wanted to watch this but there were a lot of mixed reviews. Some sad it was a great watch, then others said it was very cheesy and silly at times. I am torn. 

It's definitely not a let down, it's just not on my blown away list.

Been rewatching Black Mirror on Netflix this week, ahead of the series 3 arriving this weekend. They're so good and I can't wait to see what the new series is like. High hopes indeed.

• Like 1

Watched the documentary by don Letts the story of skinhead on bbc4 which was very decent. Available on iPlayer still. 

Fascinating how the image changed from its original creation in the late 60s,  through to the football terraces and then hijacked by the national front in the 70s and 80s. 

Cracking soundtrack as you'd imagine too! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Watched the documentary by don Letts the story of skinhead on bbc4 which was very decent. Available on iPlayer still. 

Fascinating how the image changed from its original creation in the late 60s,  through to the football terraces and then hijacked by the national front in the 70s and 80s. 

Cracking soundtrack as you'd imagine too! 

Yeah it was great. We had a discussion about it on another thread, although it was mostly the long haired, Hippies on here coming to the conclusion that they don't like them. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah it was great. We had a discussion about it on another thread, although it was mostly the long haired, Hippies on here coming to the conclusion that they don't like them. ;)

Wasn't going to watch it, but Gavin, Symond and Barry are my friends and I know Kev Rowland quite well too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xann said:

Wasn't going to watch it, but Gavin, Symond and Barry are my friends and I know Kev Rowland quite well too.

Did you lend him the clothes he wore on the cover of THAT solo album?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Did you lend him the clothes he wore on the cover of THAT solo album?

I worked at the studio where 'My Beauty' was recorded.

First time we met he was wearing a kaftan and sporting a Hitler moustache. That was a weird start.

The studio was residential, he lived with us in the week. Ended up spending a lot of time with him.

Funny chap. Quite insecure, but certainly likeable.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

I worked at the studio where 'My Beauty' was recorded.

First time we met he was wearing a kaftan and sporting a Hitler moustache. That was a weird start.

The studio was residential, he lived with us in the week. Ended up spending a lot of time with him.

Funny chap. Quite insecure, but certainly likeable.

I do like a bit of Dexys. Searching For The Young Soul Rebels is one of my 'pick me up' albums.

Â