Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Anyone watch Fortitude?

I thought the first episode was very intriguing. Characters were set up well, lots of story threads and a ton of questions, not to mention good acting, well written dialogue and beautiful scenery.

Richard Dormer definitely stole the episode, he was bloody fantastic. And he's Irish! He did a very convincing Scandinavian accent. The sheriff is definitely the most interesting character so far.

Just watched it,

a very strange first episode, intriguing and a hint of paranormal involved? I dunno, infection? Alien?

That's what I mean, lots of questions to be answered. My overall thought was:

There's some disease or virus that has been dormant since before the Ice Age and was released when the kids found the mammoth, so that's going to infect a bunch of people. As to what happens next, well, with the whole thing with Christopher Eccelston's character seemingly remaining alive against all odds, I wondered if it was going to be a different take on a zombie show, but after watching it through to the end I don't think that's what will happen.

Richard Dormer's sheriff is hiding something pretty dark, I think. There's something between him and Michael Gambon's characters that could be pretty shocking, and let's not forget that the woman was holding a gun to the door knowing he was out there like she was scared for her life -- though then seemed relatively at ease when she talked to him in the bar during the day later on in the episode, a public place for safety perhaps? -- and also the fact that he was already at the house when the young guy found Ecclestone in his home.

Not sure it'll be a supernatural or alien type show, but I''ll definitely be watching the next few episodes. I thought it was very well done.

I thought it was a mess. Too much going on between a host of unsympathetic characters. Disappointed as I was looking forward to it.

Quality cast in an amazing setting so I'll give it a few more episodes but I worry Sky have created a turkey.

Anyone watch Fortitude?

I thought the first episode was very intriguing. Characters were set up well, lots of story threads and a ton of questions, not to mention good acting, well written dialogue and beautiful scenery.

Richard Dormer definitely stole the episode, he was bloody fantastic. And he's Irish! He did a very convincing Scandinavian accent. The sheriff is definitely the most interesting character so far.

Just watched it,

a very strange first episode, intriguing and a hint of paranormal involved? I dunno, infection? Alien?

That's what I mean, lots of questions to be answered. My overall thought was:

There's some disease or virus that has been dormant since before the Ice Age and was released when the kids found the mammoth, so that's going to infect a bunch of people. As to what happens next, well, with the whole thing with Christopher Eccelston's character seemingly remaining alive against all odds, I wondered if it was going to be a different take on a zombie show, but after watching it through to the end I don't think that's what will happen.

Richard Dormer's sheriff is hiding something pretty dark, I think. There's something between him and Michael Gambon's characters that could be pretty shocking, and let's not forget that the woman was holding a gun to the door knowing he was out there like she was scared for her life -- though then seemed relatively at ease when she talked to him in the bar during the day later on in the episode, a public place for safety perhaps? -- and also the fact that he was already at the house when the young guy found Ecclestone in his home.

Not sure it'll be a supernatural or alien type show, but I''ll definitely be watching the next few episodes. I thought it was very well done.

Watched it yesterday.

My thoughts on the first episode

My guess was that the sheriff was some sort of werewolf/animorph type thing.

There's something weird about how he was there when gambon shot that guy, and he was already there when that young guy turned up and Dr Who's guts were all over the place.

My assumption is he did it. But that's probably what they want me to think

I have no idea where the show is going or what kind of show it is going to be. 

But in a good way.

A guy at work watched it on Thursday and on Friday just described it as "intriguing". Sums it up really.

As for the woman and the gun

Something weird happened there.

The black guy was **** her. Then when you see him go back into the house he was covered in blood.

There was blood next to her bed and she held the gun to the door.

My assumption was the black guy had beaten her up or done something to her, and she thought it was him at the door.

But then later on they run into each other and it's all fine.

It's very strange.

I think the windchimes are significant. The Met police guy made the leap that it was a signal for swingers. I don't think that's it.

I think it's some sort of secret, like people are werewolves, and the people with the chimes are those affected.

Something like that anyway

So many questions

Edited by Stevo985

Â