Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Interesting. I've finished episode 5 of Breaking Bad.

It's bloody brilliant, but it isn't close to S4 of the Wire yet.

So either I disagree, or I'm in for an incredible few episodes!!

You're 5 episodes into a 16 episode season. I love them both with equal measure, but if I could choose only one to watch again it would be S5 of BB.

Basically every episode from where you are now is an absolute ripper, apart from on EP in the second half which slows it all down a little for the build up. It's relentless, that's how I like my TV.

It's the latter then. Excellent!

Me

It's really REALLY REALLY good isn't it?

Yeah, i think it might have been the latter option above.

Still got 2 episodes to go, but the last few have been utterly incredible.

24 coming back on our screens

Set in London

I quite enjoy the show but can't help but think its run its course ( a few series ago )

It ran it's course about 2 episodes into season 5.

I love it, and I've watched it all, and I'll watch this one too. But I'd bet it won't be very good.

24 coming back on our screens

Set in London

I quite enjoy the show but can't help but think its run its course ( a few series ago )

It ran it's course about 2 episodes into season 5.

I love it, and I've watched it all, and I'll watch this one too. But I'd bet it won't be very good.

yep pretty much my feelings 

least in London I get added geek appeal when they get on the district line and get off on the Jubilee line without changing  :)

I can't remember when I stopped watching 24, probably about series 5, I remember series 4 with Habib Marwan but don't remember much of season 5 after just taking a quick look on wikipedia.

Used to love it, then like so many other things they decide to keep on making a new one every 12 months until you are sick to death of it

Castle started up again the other day. It's odd. When I watch a few in a row I think "That's really good, can't wait til the next one", but when I don't watch it for a few weeks I'm just kinda like "meh, who cares." But when I force myself to watch it it's good.

Interesting. I've finished episode 5 of Breaking Bad.

It's bloody brilliant, but it isn't close to S4 of the Wire yet.

So either I disagree, or I'm in for an incredible few episodes!!

You're 5 episodes into a 16 episode season. I love them both with equal measure, but if I could choose only one to watch again it would be S5 of BB.

Basically every episode from where you are now is an absolute ripper, apart from on EP in the second half which slows it all down a little for the build up. It's relentless, that's how I like my TV.

It's the latter then. Excellent!

Me

It's really REALLY REALLY good isn't it?

Yeah, i think it might have been the latter option above.

Still got 2 episodes to go, but the last few have been utterly incredible.

Finished it.

That final season is a masterpiece. The final 2 episodes were excellent but nothing topped episode 14, that was special.

Absolutely loved the whole thing, and it's exactly how a show should be. Great all the way through but slowly ramping up to one incredible final season.

I think it's slotted in at NUmber 2 in my favourite shows ever (sorry Sopranos!).

I think the Wire will still beat it overall as a whole show, but DDID may be right. That final season may be the best season of TV I've ever watched. I'll have to give it a while to sink in before I properly judge, but yeah, it's up there.

Off to the BReaking Bad thread for the first time ever to read what everyone else thinks about it!

Edited by Stevo985

Started watching House of Cards (recent one).

Yes, this is my kind of show.

It's awesome. First couple of episodes I weren't too sure but then it just gets brilliant. Series 2 coming out in Spring I think!

• Like 1

I can't remember when I stopped watching 24, probably about series 5, I remember series 4 with Habib Marwan but don't remember much of season 5 after just taking a quick look on wikipedia.

Used to love it, then like so many other things they decide to keep on making a new one every 12 months until you are sick to death of it

I loved it up to season 5 inclusive.  The first episode of 5 was one of the craziest 42 minutes of TV ever.  6 was woeful, 7 was a bit better due to the return of Almeida and then 8 was a bit meh.  So 5 was the peak for me. Evil Charles Logan was great.

I loved it up to season 5 inclusive.  The first episode of 5 was one of the craziest 42 minutes of TV ever.  6 was woeful, 7 was a bit better due to the return of Almeida and then 8 was a bit meh.  So 5 was the peak for me. Evil Charles Logan was great.

Yep, first episode of season 5 was absolutely mental. Unfortunately that's where that season peaked and the whole show went donwhill from there.

6 was a low point. 7 and 8 sort of picked back up but it was never anywhere near as good as it was when it started.

Did anyone watch the second (Or indeed the first, know one person did) episode of Hinterland?

I really like it. The main guy is a bit mysterious and I like the setting and situations that cause murder.

Only seen bits of House of Fools, but I thought it was much funnier than their usual stuff. 

They are funnier when working with a script rather than improvising, IMO.

Edited by mjmooney

To be fair I only saw the advert but it looked like the usual stuff from those two. Either way, it might be better but I still won't watch it, just not my sort of thing.

Edited by Ginko

I've been a fan since Big Night Out, and have loved pretty much everything they've done. I've lived in the North East for 16 years too, so I get a lot of the references and understand where the humour comes from. Don't think they'll ever top Catterick though.

Â