Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Seeing as it was discussed earlier in the thread - uh, spoilers I guess...although seeing as I'm going to say it's about Family Guy you'll be able to guess what it is?

Brian is alive and well. Stewie realised he had another time machine and went back and saved him in the Christmas episode aired last night in the U S of A

Edited by hogso

With some stubbornness (and for no other reason, really) I had avoided The Wire until the other week. Watched it all the way through and what can I say but:

sheeeeeeeit.png.

what a waste of obduracy.

Excellent TV - though the last series was the least enjoyable for me.

Brilliant TV as you say up until S5, which I didn't even finish, it was that bad

With some stubbornness (and for no other reason, really) I had avoided The Wire until the other week. Watched it all the way through and what can I say but:

sheeeeeeeit.png.

Brilliant TV as you say up until S5, which I didn't even finish, it was that bad

Taken in isolation it really isn't. I don't understand how you could go that far and not finish the journey, it's a few hours out of your life and the final montage is something to behold.

Agree. 5 is the weakest, probably not helped by being contrasted against 4, which is the finest season of television there has ever been.

It's still **** brilliant though.

5 is pretty bad compared to rest, it was so realistic enough up to that point but adding the serial killing angle was a bit too out there.

While re-watching the show again for me only really Bubs is what you call a sympathetic character as all others had dark past or side to them

Edited by Zatman

sheeeeeeeit.png.

Taken in isolation it really isn't. I don't understand how you could go that far and not finish the journey, it's a few hours out of your life and the final montage is something to behold.

The whole McNulty invents a serial killer to keep the PD funded storyline was so far fetched in comparison to the gritty reality of S1-4 that it was beginning to sour my love for all the previous series. If I'd continued to watch I'm fairly sure my general opinion of the Wire wouldn't be as positive as it is now. S5 was an abomination

• Like 1

I think calling S5 of The Wire an "abomination" is pretty damn harsh.

It's still better than 95% of everything else that's ever been on TV.

It's definitely the weakest series, but there's still plenty of positives. The media is the real story in that season. The serial killer angle is more of just a tool to make that happen.

I think calling S5 of The Wire an "abomination" is pretty damn harsh.

It's still better than 95% of everything else that's ever been on TV.

It's definitely the weakest series, but there's still plenty of positives. The media is the real story in that season. The serial killer angle is more of just a tool to make that happen.

In comparison to S1-S4 it is an abomination. Its like they spent 4 series building up the characters only to make them take lsd in the final series just for a laugh

If it had been a series on its own, it might just have been ok but after four series of brilliance to do that to the plot and characters made it unwatchable for me

I was tempted to give up on S5 but I watched it anyway. It's pretty awful and completely out of whack with the previous 4 series. A while ago I read a good piece that said the biggest problem with S5 was that it was too personal, i.e. David Simon had an axe to grind with his old journalist buddies and perhaps that got in the way with things. I can go along with that. Until that point, the show picked its targets each season and dealt with them with a certain amount of restraint, but S5 just loses that restraint.

There are plenty of other elements of S5 that make it worthwhile, but as McNulty is the obvious protaganist (apart from S4) and you have a great deal invested in his character, who is generally a force for good throughout the series, it makes his behaviour seem utterly daft. It's like playing Red Dead Redemption and being a 'bad guy': it's not consistent.

• Like 1

home & health channel - tick

embarassing bodies - tick

female patient - tick

let's have a look at your...............infected ear!

**** off, I don't scroll down to channel 271 at this hour to see an infected ear

• Like 1

Â