Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

City stronger, Spurs stronger, Everton stronger.

disagree

city on paper yes, in reality hopefully too many chiefs and mancini sets them out ultra defensively, im hoping adebayor redeems himself and becomes a rotten apple that ruins them, player revolts ftw

spurs have made 2 signings, a 3rd choice keeper and a brazilian kid who hasnt turned up yet, wigan game already shown the impact the CL can have as a distraction, hopefully they'll do a fiorentina

everton have bought some youngsters but IMO still lack any firepower, beckford was dire vs us so hopefully moyes will stick with him

too early to tell obviously but that goes both ways, im looking half full (we have beat 2 teams at home that we had really poor draws with last year) rather than half empty

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can keep up with Cittee..... Spuds will get distracted in the Chumps League as we saw on Saturday and Everton have not strengthened, Yobo has gone and no one else looks to be coming in. B-lose have signed Hleb but can he turn that pigs ear around on his own? No, a £400k foreigner? So what.

Remmebr ChooChoo and the Rifle they had in the past, big named expensive no marks

Everton clearly battered us for 90 minutes, did they not?

We play like that against any other teams and we're screwed. Sorry, but this season is going to be a right disaster.

and yet sit 5 points behind us in the league, like i said with beckford up front i really dont see them doing more than what they have been doing for the last 3 years, ie pretty much equal to us, i dont see how they are suddenly miles ahead of us and there is a danger of us freefalling in the league

Ever thought that players them selves may be reluctant to come.... no, never, they must be falling over themselves :suspect:
Well if you do not buy a ticket you aint going to win the raffle

By that I mean you'll never know unless you talk to them Denis!

And you know we haven't?

And you know we have? Tag you're it.

Just responding to yours that players wouldn't want to come?

I would say I am pretty confident that we haven't got to the stage of actually talking to players Denis. I'd say it was a better than 50:50 chance

Everton had plenty of the ball and a lot of corners but not that many chances. The trouble was our lot were too frightend of losing and consistenly played far too deep in that second half. A goal from either Young, Carew or Marc when they had the chance would have changed the game completely...but anyway OT

Disgraceful that no new players will be coming in, I didnt agree with a lot that MON said but one thing I definitley agreed with him about was when he said that you have to spend money in this league just to stand still, unfortunately we havent and we will pay the price, are you happy Lerner you idiot.....

I know nothing Dicky, about the same as you, which is why I don't see the point in moaning at the club from a position of no knowledge.
which discounts about 50% of the posts on here.

It is also pretty pointless praising the club with no knowledge and that discounts the other 50% then

OK...I'm off home then :)

Is it not possible to debate and express concenr without making the club out to be stupid/incompetent/decietful/manipulative etc etc which is becoming a common theme?

Probably yes.

Same could be said for those who do not share the opinion that things are not right at the club in the upper echelons making derogatory posts and back handed digs to those who do feel that?

OK...I'm off home then :)

Is it not possible to debate and express concenr without making the club out to be stupid/incompetent/decietful/manipulative etc etc which is becoming a common theme?

Probably yes.

Same could be said for those who do not share the opinion that things are not right at the club in the upper echelons making derogatory posts and back handed digs to those who do feel that?

I think most fans know this season will be hard.

Lerners cut backs will be something the fans wont like but at the end of the day the man wants some money back and the wages down.

Hard times but maybe some good times next season.

everton did not batter us.

whoopdy do they had alot more of the ball and at times had a few instances of repeated corner itis. How many serious goalscoring chances did they have, 3? 4? 5 at a push? And ourselves? 4-5?

they can have the ball all they want, if they do **** all with it I don't consider it a battering. ( For the record mind, I do think it's important we learn how to hold onto the ball better ourselves mind, to save on legs at least! )