Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Told everyone a long time ago, curtis davies is absolute shite. Won't be missed unless he learns how to head, track his man, improve positional sense, become stronger in the tackle and learns to sometimes kick into row z rather than attempting to play a xabi alonso type pass out.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told everyone a long time ago, curtis davies is absolute shite. Won't be missed unless he learns how to head, track his man, improve positional sense, become stronger in the tackle and learns to sometimes kick into row z rather than attempting to play a xabi alonso type pass out.

So basically, become a defender?

Some local paper, I guess in the Luton area says Davies has been transfer listed. Which adds to the rumours that he will be leaving.

http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/luton-sport/Davies-transfer-listed-by-Villa.6390593.jp

Would be a shame if so, he's got potential to be a good defender, alongside the right partner. Maybe MON is worried about his injury problems or they've fell out, can't see why we'd sell otherwise.

Be a shame if he goes and a mistake.

We'll have no players left at this rate!

dont worrie,we'll get replacements in on the last day of the seaon,after we have lost the opening game of the season and 6 points off the top,you can read MON like a book at this stage.but tbf he hasn't done us wrong so far.

From what I have seen of Curtis, when he has played alongside a settled partner (Laursen or Cuellar at the start of last season) these two - heading and row Z - were his main attributes and he was excellent.

I think Davies and Clark would have been our CBs in 3 years time and pushing into the England set up. That is if Citeh hadn't come in and bought them by that time??

Just don't rate him. Collins, Cuellar and Dunne are far superior.

He's had some excellent games, spurs away before this season, arsenal away and liverpool away this season. Big game player at times, but full of mistakes.

Just my opinion.

Edit: mind my spelling, using my phone.

Just don't rate him. Collins, Cuellar and Dunne are far superior.

He's had some excellent games, spurs away before this season, arsenal away and liverpool away this season. Big game player at times, but full of mistakes.

Just my opinion.

Edit: mind my spelling, using my phone.

I agree. Davies is very average and I think MON has found this out. We'll take a loss on him but we should get rid. Collins, Cuellar and Dunne are far better than this pretender.

And it annoys me when people say he played well alongside Laursen. Did he? He did ok I suppose but thats cos 'God II' was carrying his sorry ass. Id probably look good next to that adonis.

Curtis Davies aint good enough.

But I think that about a lot of our players....and at the rate theyre been linked away, we will have no players left whatsoever! just shows some of the dross O'Neill has signed when he could have looked abroad.

But thats a different argument.

I had the following text off a friend earlier today (July 1st), he is a Wolves fan.

My neighbour is an accountant who does work for villa and worked from bodymoor heath today where martin o neil,randy learner and john robertson had their 1st meeting regarding transfer budgets...bit late?

I had the following text off a friend earlier today (July 1st), he is a Wolves fan.

My neighbour is an accountant who does work for villa and worked from bodymoor heath today where martin o neil,randy learner and john robertson had their 1st meeting regarding transfer budgets...bit late?

What a load of rubbish!!

Surely, they don't meet until mid to late August when MON starts to think about buying players!

What a load of rubbish!!

Surely, they don't meet until mid to late August when MON starts to think about buying players!

Exactly July 1st sounds too early, surely MON is still on holiday

MON and Randy have their yearly meeting about transfers / review of last year / the way forward this year a few days after the last game of the season. Happens every year, this year was no different.

Alright, so it looks like Jimmy's gone....so how about Joe Cole and Hugo Rodallega in?

Downing Cole Petrov Young

Rodallega Gabby

Eh, that actually looks a bit wimpy.

I'm hoping for more from Downing this season, cuz he looked second rate last....

We need a midfield tough nut, not too many out there. If we only sign two players this summer please let it be a striker of some quality and a midfield ball winner. Anything else will be a bonus.

If rumours are true that Nigel De Jong will become surplus to requirements at Citeh we should put a bid in for him - he's just right for that role.

Alright, so it looks like Jimmy's gone....so how about Joe Cole and Hugo Rodallega in?

Downing Cole Petrov Young

Rodallega Gabby

Eh, that actually looks a bit wimpy.

I'm hoping for more from Downing this season, cuz he looked second rate last....

No chance of getting Joe Cole, as its all but been confirmed that an offer has been put on the table from Arsenal.

Rodallega would be a decent buy...but for the £15m asking price?!

I seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously do not know why people want Rodellaga

He is 24 , so he isn't some 18 yr old.

He has scored 13 goals in two years

He scored 8 goals last year.

In short, he is big strong, and scores the very occasional goal.

Funny that, I thought we already had someone like that that 99% of us would carry to another club to get rid of !.

The only thing I can think of is people of just judging him on "that goal" - coz he did absolutely sod all for the majority of the season.

Goalscorer needed !

EDIT

I said big - he is only 5'11 - so he isn't even that ! And he is 25 this month

If rumours are true that Nigel De Jong will become surplus to requirements at Citeh we should put a bid in for him - he's just right for that role.

Would be great here if we still have a ball player to partner him! Training ground injuries would probably go up 1000%, though. He likes his nasty challenges.

Ireland and Parker would suit me as the 2 CMs we buy. Ireland is no James Milner but he can certainly play, and hopefully he'll be like when we signed Dunne from Citeh, deemed surplus to requirements there, then comes here and shows what he can do.

Add to that a striker, even keane would do me although it would depend on the price. Get rid of heskey.

That's only 3 players and already it would make us stronger than last season as a team. Obviously the loss of Milner is hard but if we replaced him with Ireland I really don't think the gap in quality is huge.

Obviously we'd then need a right back, assuming Young is on his way. But if we get 28m for Milner and then have a budget on top of that (I'm speculating) we'd be looking at a lot of money to spend.

I seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously do not know why people want Rodellaga

Funny that, I thought we already had someone like that that 99% of us would carry to another club to get rid of !.

The only thing I can think of is people of just judging him on "that goal" - coz he did absolutely sod all for the majority of the season.

Goalscorer needed !

EDIT

I'm bored of people using nothing but stats to decide on a player. It is a lazy and more importantly it is often an inaccurate way of assessing a player's worth or ability. If discussions have resorted to nothing but that then why not save everyone the trouble and just link to a soccerbase stat page.

Hugo Rodallega is one of very few players who have managed to come to the Premier League from the Mexican league and almost instantly take to the style of play and pace of the game. It was a huge jump to make in practically every area footballing and non-footballing and yet he did it effortlessly. And by extension we have yet to see the best of him. Much in the same way as others will rightly defend Agbonlahor, Rodallega too has improved each time he has performed for Wigan. He is only going to get better and he is already good enough in my view to walk into this side.

From a physical and football development point of view he has 4 years of improving before he reaches his peak as a footballer. From an experience and lifestyle point of view he is also only going to become even more familiar with the English game and become more settled and a better player. He was a stand-out player in a poor Wigan side that had lost most of it's other stars going into last season. He was one of few who came out of last season there with any credit IMO and in my view without him they would have gone down.

Goalscorer needed !

EDIT

I'm bored of people using nothing but stats to decide on a player. It is a lazy and more importantly it is often an inaccurate way of assessing a player's worth or ability. If discussions have resorted to nothing but that then why not save everyone the trouble and just link to a soccerbase stat page.

Hugo Rodallega is one of very few players who have managed to come to the Premier League from the Mexican league and almost instantly take to the style of play and pace of the game. It was a huge jump to make in practically every area footballing and non-footballing and yet he did it effortlessly. And by extension we have yet to see the best of him. Much in the same way as others will rightly defend Agbonlahor, Rodallega too has improved each time he has performed for Wigan. He is only going to get better and he is already good enough in my view to walk into this side.

From a physical and football development point of view he has 4 years of improving before he reaches his peak as a footballer. From an experience and lifestyle point of view he is also only going to become even more familiar with the English game and become more settled and a better player. He was a stand-out player in a poor Wigan side that had lost most of it's other stars going into last season. He was one of few who came out of last season there with any credit IMO and in my view without him they would have gone down.

Yeah but for the prices being quoted BOF

15million - come on????

Goalscorer needed !

EDIT

Yeah but for the prices being quoted BOF

15million - come on????

Milner £28m...i dont think anything else needs to be said! :|