Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I would rather have Graham Dorrans - he has his whole career in front of him and has pace as well.

do you have to mention him in every post? we know you rate him!

west brom would want £10m imo and he's not proven at prem level

I guess I will if we're discussing CM'ers. I think he could be got for less than £10m.

But my point was also that I would prefer us to buy 22-25 year olds if we are spending decent money where possible and not paying big transfer fees for 29-30 year olds like Barry and Parker, not that I don't think they would both be good signings.

we won't get him but I agree with the principle, would much prefer Ireland over him

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland, Barry and Milner.

I've no idea how the **** they would all play together, but that would be some midfield. The football equivalent of mensa.

----------------Barry--------

-------------------------------

-------Milner-----------------

-------------------------Downing

------------Ireland-----------

Young------------------------

-------------------------------

-------------Gabby----------

Would be interesting and give us loads of flexibility, if we can break out of 4-4-2 syndrome. Lacks a nasty bastard ball winner, though perhaps if we kept the ball better, wouldn't as big an issue.

The window has been open 8 hours and 40 mins now, why hasn't O'Neill signed anyone yet???? :)
8 hours 52. This is getting ridiculous.

Well, Martin was surprised to find out, after defeat to West Ham that we did use least ammount of players last season, in fact that's an hattrick. But Martin won't think that losing tough away match yesterday at st.James Park was due to any other fact than, that you just can't beat recently promoted teams at their home starter.

But we will be looking to bolster our squad before end of the month, hopely before Everton defeat at 28th, and it's not only up to MON, the big clubs have to got their time first, we are looking to things.

The window has been open 8 hours and 40 mins now, why hasn't O'Neill signed anyone yet???? :)

Well, Martin was surprised to find out, after defeat to West Ham that we did use least ammount of players last season, in fact that's an hattrick. But Martin won't think that losing tough away match yesterday at st.James Park was due to any other fact than, that you just can't beat recently promoted teams at their home starter.

But we will be looking to bolster our squad before end of the month, hopely before Everton defeat at 28th, and it's not only up to MON, the big clubs have to got their time first, we are looking to things.

What?

What?

I got it Spamm. :winkold:

yeah.

Didn't know where else to put it so...

With the 2010-2011 preseason quickly approaching, Aston Villa right back Eric Lichaj is on the verge of signing a brand new three year contract with the club.

After completing his freshman season at the University of North Carolina in 2007, Lichaj signed with the Premier League club.

That same year he was also scheduled to compete with the 2007 US U20 World Cup team in Canada, however an injury kept him off the roster.

Lichaj, 21, starred with Aston Villa's reserve team for the first few years of his contract. His first breakthrough came in the 2009 preseason when he played every game in Aston Villa's Peace Cup Championship run. In the final game, Lichaj played all 120 minutes against Juventus.

Last season Lichaj went out on loan to two different clubs. In the first half of the season, he played for Lincoln City of League Two.

In the second half of the season, he played for Leyton Orient of League One. During his time at Orient, he scored his first ever professional goal and helped the club fight off relegation.

Lichaj will now likely enter Aston Villa's preseason with a chance to fight for a spot on the first team.

"He is about to sign a new three year contact," Lichaj's agent Steve Kelly told YA. "He will train with Villa's first team in the preseason."

Kelly did not discount the possibility of another loan for Lichaj but insisted that another loan would be at a higher level.

"He will be with Aston Villa for the preseason and we will see how it goes," he admitted. "If he goes out on loan it will be at least at the level of the Championship."

Aston Villa finished sixth in the English Premier League in 2009-2010 and will compete in the Europa League this coming year.

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=6440

Didn't know where else to put it so...

With the 2010-2011 preseason quickly approaching, Aston Villa right back Eric Lichaj is on the verge of signing a brand new three year contract with the club.

After completing his freshman season at the University of North Carolina in 2007, Lichaj signed with the Premier League club.

That same year he was also scheduled to compete with the 2007 US U20 World Cup team in Canada, however an injury kept him off the roster.

Lichaj, 21, starred with Aston Villa's reserve team for the first few years of his contract. His first breakthrough came in the 2009 preseason when he played every game in Aston Villa's Peace Cup Championship run. In the final game, Lichaj played all 120 minutes against Juventus.

Last season Lichaj went out on loan to two different clubs. In the first half of the season, he played for Lincoln City of League Two.

In the second half of the season, he played for Leyton Orient of League One. During his time at Orient, he scored his first ever professional goal and helped the club fight off relegation.

Lichaj will now likely enter Aston Villa's preseason with a chance to fight for a spot on the first team.

"He is about to sign a new three year contact," Lichaj's agent Steve Kelly told YA. "He will train with Villa's first team in the preseason."

Kelly did not discount the possibility of another loan for Lichaj but insisted that another loan would be at a higher level.

"He will be with Aston Villa for the preseason and we will see how it goes," he admitted. "If he goes out on loan it will be at least at the level of the Championship."

Aston Villa finished sixth in the English Premier League in 2009-2010 and will compete in the Europa League this coming year.

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=6440

I said in an earlier thread they are lloking at him providing cover at RB

I do hope we sign a quality RB. I would be happy with that.

And me. Shame we've already got one that MON chooses to overlook, a good attacking full back, who is just as reliable defending.

Luke Young, attacking?

To be fair, we don't really know the story there (apart from the obvious). Whatever it is, maybe it resolves itself over the summer?