Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

At last the Miguel story now we know the summer has arrived.

Utter lazy arse journo's.

:lol: First thing I thought when I read the Miguelk link. Summer is here. Why the hell do they bring that rumolur up every f**king summer? :lol:

Because he's signing for us, can't you see? :lol:

Yeah, Bill from The Mail says it should happen in the next 48 hours :winkold:

Not Bill, please!!!!!!!

How long before the Jose Bosingwa rumours start?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Hart moving to us to be Number 2, and I can't see big Brad heading out to pasture just yet, so I doubt we would be welcoming Joe Hart any time soon.

At last the Miguel story now we know the summer has arrived.

Utter lazy arse journo's.

:lol: First thing I thought when I read the Miguelk link. Summer is here. Why the hell do they bring that rumolur up every f**king summer? :lol:

Because he's signing for us, can't you see? :lol:

Yeah, Bill from The Mail says it should happen in the next 48 hours :winkold:

Yep, and then they can say "remember where you read it first. 4 years ago!" :lol:

Heskey +20 mill for Bent.

Or £15 million straight

We'd do well to get our money back on Heskey.

And Sunderland signed Bent for 14m and he's had a brilliant season for them. They don't have to sell so 20m + would be needed.

We really should've signed him last season.

my shopping list for this summer would be

Ins,

Onuoha

Ireland/Pienaar or any creative attacking player to replace milner.

Veloso or another DM to compete with Petrov

Top draw striker capable of 15+ goals a season

Outs,

Heskey

Beye

Shorey

Milner (hopefully not)

NRC?

I'd love to see Henry playing for Villa!

Even if he is 32, he's still a quality player who, I think, could score 15+ goals per season.

He'd also be able to teach the youngsters a thing or two! (Gabby/ Fonz)

henry would of course be a great signing for us. Doubt it's very likely he'd come here, though.

Though it's true, there's more chance of him coming here than to West Ham!

henry would of course be a great signing for us. Doubt it's very likely he'd come here, though.

Not necessarily

The chance to live in London again might edge it for wham. Doubt he'll end up at any of the two clubs.

Didn't MON spend all of the European championships slagging Henry off saying he was now past it ?

Probably, and he was right

Not necessarily

Not with the money West Ham are reportedly offering.

Not with the money West Ham are reportedly offering.

My opinion on it was more to the fact of him playing for one of Arsenal's london rivals

Michel Bastos would be expensive, he's had a solid first season with Lyon and I can't see him passing up Champion's League football to play for an English team outside of the top 4 (especially considering he would initially be back-up for Young and/or Warnock). Unproven outside of France as well (not that players can't make the transition from Ligue 1 to the Premiership, but for every Sagna there's an Elmander, Berson etc).

Miguel Veloso (allegedly) has an ego that surpasses his ability, but he seems to be getting his career back on track after a poor spell for Lisbon so who knows? Henry's all but confirmed that he's off to NY Red Bulls.

Bentley and Ireland (I think MON could probably straighten Ireland out and get him performing again) are good shouts but again the lure of CL football would probably mean we won't see Bentley anytime soon (considering he's turned us down once already anyway) and unless we're looking at bringing in Onuoha and switching him out to right-back to replace Luke Young we don't really need him.

Didn't MON spend all of the European championships slagging Henry off saying he was now past it ?

Not necessarily

Well yeah, cos hes not done anything since he moved to Barcelona. Not done anything since he ran clear in the champs league final for arsenal, to make it 2-0, and made a total arse of it, before blaming tired legs in his post match interview.

Not necessarily

Well yeah, cos hes not done anything since he moved to Barcelona. Not done anything since he ran clear in the champs league final for arsenal, to make it 2-0, and made a total arse of it, before blaming tired legs in his post match interview.

A player doesn't match up to the high standards of the Barcelona team - therefore he is "past it"..

Ok.. we'll agree to disagree.