Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

Civil Liberties? You mean like the slave trade.

Britons never never never shall be slaves....

Has absolutely nothing to do with the slave trade

And also nothing to do with the civil liberties of Britons whch was what my original comment referred to, but hey ho.

But if you want to get all "oooh, but Britain was horrible etc etc" then we were the first outlaw it and then fight to stop others doing it.

Were we really? We weren't even close to being the first.

fair enough, feel free to educate me please.

Feels good to have the most leftwing of the mainstream British parties in coalition with the second most left wing (although still centre right) of the mainstream British parties. How very odd

Why is it odd? Labur are done, gone, finished - for the foreseeable future at least. I've already said I've no problem with left of centre politics in the main, just the party that was trying to emulate it's old marxist/leninist heroes with a bit of 1984 thrown in.

BTW Magna Carta as you doubtless know is the foundation of a Briton's rights as a free man so hat's what the "hell" it has to do with civil liberites, but Kipling said it best:

At Runnymede, at Runnymede,

Oh, hear the reeds at Runnymede:

'You musn't sell, delay, deny,

A freeman's right or liberty.

It wakes the stubborn Englishry,

We saw 'em roused at Runnymede!

When through our ranks the Barons came,

With little thought of praise or blame,

But resolute to play the game,

They lumbered up to Runnymede;

And there they launched in solid line

The first attack on Right Divine,

The curt uncompromising "Sign!'

They settled John at Runnymede.

At Runnymede, at Runnymede,

Your rights were won at Runnymede!

No freeman shall be fined or bound,

Or dispossessed of freehold ground,

Except by lawful judgment found

And passed upon him by his peers.

Forget not, after all these years,

The Charter signed at Runnymede.'

And still when mob or Monarch lays

Too rude a hand on English ways,

The whisper wakes, the shudder plays,

Across the reeds at Runnymede.

And Thames, that knows the moods of kings,

And crowds and priests and suchlike things,

Rolls deep and dreadful as he brings

Their warning down from Runnymede!

I agree Labour dicked on Magna Carta and we'll see what gets done about that. With Lib's and Con's in power I'd hope the answer is something.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A disaster in the making, couldn't believe when i heard tonight that no less than 6 top places in the Government will go to Liberal Democrats, its likely that the Chancellor, will be Vince Cable, Liberal, and that Cameron's No 2 will be Nick Clegg, :crylaugh: Home Secretary will be a Liberal, so this little poor Tory in David Cameron encircled like Red Indians around a fated wagon train is going to run the country as held to ransom.

So we have a Liberal Democrat government, a party with the least votes, header up by a Tory leader.

Lets hope there's no feuds because the muck will hit the fan so fast it will be scary, and this is stable.

Should have gone to the country, this will happen anyway IMO within 2 years.

Guest Ricardomeister
Good speech from Gordo, wish him all the best, seems a decent chap and good dad after all.

No doubt we'll have some pathetic, bitter words on here though.

I totally agree. I have never doubted that Gordon Brown has always tried to do the right thing. It is very easy to be brainwashed by the Daily Fascist/Sun rags into thinking he is evil. I think that maybe the job was a bit too big for him but I would never slag the guy off. Human nature will mean we never have a fair society but at least he has tried to make Britain a fairer place. Maybe Cameron also wants that, I have my doubts there but I will reserve judgement, but the bigger question is whether the dark forces behind Call me Dave will allow that...and I am pretty sure that they won't.

I wish Gordon Brown all the best for the future.

A disaster in the making, couldn't believe when i heard tonight that no less than 6 top places in the Government will go to Liberal Democrats, its likely that the Chancellor, will be Vince Cable, Liberal, and that Cameron's No 2 will be Nick Clegg, :crylaugh: Home Secretary will be a Liberal, so this little poor Tory in David Cameron encircled like Red Indians around a fated wagon train is going to run the country as held to ransom.

So we have a Liberal Democrat government, a party with the least votes, header up by a Tory leader.

Lets hope there's no feuds because the muck will hit the fan so fast it will be scary, and this is stable.

Should have gone to the country, this will happen anyway IMO within 2 years.

I think 2 years is ambitious. I'd guess within a year the Tories will push for the lot.

I wish there was an atheistic version of 'god help us'.

Good speech from Gordo, wish him all the best, seems a decent chap and good dad after all.

I totally agree. I have never doubted that Gordon Brown has always tried to do the right thing. It is very easy to be brainwashed by the Daily Fascist/Sun rags into thinking he is evil. I think that maybe the job was a bit too big for him but I would never slag the guy off. Human nature will mean we never have a fair society but at least he has tried to make Britain a fairer place. Maybe Cameron also wants that, I have my doubts there but I will reserve judgement, but the bigger question is whether the dark forces behind Call me Dave will allow that...and I am pretty sure that they won't.

I echo this also, lets see what this inbred Government bring to the table.

I echo this also, lets see what this inbred Government bring to the table.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I haven't agreed with many things that Brown has done but you can't question the mans integrity, clearly as far as Labour was concerned Clegg wanted to much, a price Labour wasn't prepared to pay for reason of there identity that the Tories are clearly prepared to do anything to get some sniff of power, but surely Cameron must realise he is a bridled leader, he simply will not lead as his own man, in fact i would say Clegg is the stronger personality.

Hopefully a brick, useless bint!

You were right! :crylaugh:

Farewell to the man who has placed a large millstone around the necks of our children and grandchildren.

He can console himself that his last three years in government were far less damaging than his first ten, and that the one pension fund that he didn't plunder was that of MPs.

Put your feet up Gordon, so that we can all have a rest.