Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

With PR you would get what we have witnessed in the last 5 days at EVERY election. If there is a referendum then I think the arguments against PR (in any form) are actually being written as we speak

and in FPTP you suffocate the public's vote entirely. Totalitarianism ftw, sod the people and their voices, viva distorted democracy - I know changing traditions is pretty much the antithesis of Conservatism, but vote suppression is a tradition worth ridding don't you think?

They're all flawed, but the problems not unsolvable.

edited slightly.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than the Tories pulling off a deal with the Libs, and watching the dejected faces of Labour supporters.
I'm a Labour supporter, it doesn't bother me who's in now. I think the dejection will be on your face when the coalition breaks down because they have differing views and ideas. Labour will rebuild during this period of time.
Seconded. If they are smart enough to rebuild properly, this is the best possible way forward for Labour. The Con Lib government are about to start walking through a minefield.

With PR you would get what we have witnessed in the last 5 days at EVERY election. If there is a referendum then I think the arguments against PR (in any form) are actually being written as we speak

and in FPTP you suffocate the public's vote entirely. Totalitarianism ftw, sod the people and their voices, viva distorted democracy - I know changing traditions is pretty much the antithesis of Conservatism, but vote suppression is a tradition worth ridding don't you think?

They're all flawed, but the problems not unsolvable.

edited slightly.

well I think a referendum on AV is a half way house between the two parties stances on voting reform. Tories want no change in it, but Lib Dems want a full PR sytem, AV would (from all accounts) would still result in Lib Dem getting more seats than they would have done this time, which is a step in the right direction for them.

I've lost a lot of respect for Clegg over this.

The natural alliance for the Lib Dems is with Labour. But it should be in opposition, not some half-assed attempt to form a government. It seems he's so desperate for a cabinet post he'd rather whore himself to the Tories.

If he has the best interests of the country at heart he should let Cameron lead a minority government and oppose where necessary.

Disagree, it's an unenviable position and perhaps the best interests involved are a stable government with the tories where he gets reform. Signing up with Labour would be a little suicidal based on the seat count.

If Brown has any sense he'll be putting his feet up with a decent bottle of single malt getting nicely ratarsed.

I thought Brown going now would be the worst possible time, but perhaps (like Blair) he could be leaving at the right time. I can see a right old internal battle in the Labour Party.

Mandy was on the internal warpath since the result on thursday and the dark lord certainly has the wizardry to get pretty much any result he desires for a new leader and new direction for the Labour party.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than the Tories pulling off a deal with the Libs, and watching the dejected faces of Labour supporters.
I'm a Labour supporter, it doesn't bother me who's in now. I think the dejection will be on your face when the coalition breaks down because they have differing views and ideas. Labour will rebuild during this period of time.

To be honest I am a supporter of the nation. I want whats best for the nation. I guess I may be in the minority. If the Con LibDems work out, then great, if not then let the next thing come in.

To be honest I am a supporter of the nation. I want whats best for the nation. I guess I may be in the minority. If the Con LibDems work out, then great, if not then let the next thing come in.

I think we need to see how far the tories have come. Seems some lib dem people were very surprised about their offer of a referendum on the AV vote because they were the party most against changing the system.

If we see that the tories have given ground in other big areas, I think it could spell the first every strong tory/lib dem pact and perhaps a change in politics altogether.

I sounds like Clegg was struggling with Ashdown and Menzies-Campbell to get them on side.

How long until the next election? 12 months?

Reports are normal length 4/5 years..

Under the current circumstances, no way.

Both BBC and Sky reporting it will be 4 years.