Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

From the above would it be fair to say th BNP and UKIP did the Tories over ? That 2.2 % combined would have been enough for Dave to get a majority or am I reading it wrong ?

Due to our shitty system it's hard to call; you'll have to look at the individual seats the BNP contested and see what happened.

As another example of the bollocks system, on those figures the Lib Dem vote increased by 1.3%, whilst the number of seats went down by 9%.

I am so **** angry.

Thanks for the Explanation(and trees).....The more people tell me how it actually works the more unfair it all looks especially with the Lib Dem losing seats, I may not agree with them on everything but can anyone really say they deserved this?

I actually feel sorry fro Clegg, his performances in the debates were outstanding and he put so much into them one would have thought he would have got at least a few seats +

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron reaching out to the Lib Dems. Have no doubt that he and Clegg would be happy to work together, not nearly so sure about the party rank and file in both parties.

Can't see many Lib Dems being happy being allied to a Tory party which is proposing massive cuts in public spending and no commitment to introducing PR.

Ha ha ha. Cameron's speech reminded me of this from Spitting Image:

Well, we'll take one word from your party and one word from my party.

Which words?

From mine Social Democratic, and from yours, Party.

So we'll be called the social democratic party?

Has a ring, don't you think, David?

Oh yes, it's very fair, thank you very much indeed, David. But who will be the leader?

Again, one word from your name and one word from mine.

I see, which words?

From yours, I'd thought we'd take the word, David.

And from yours, David?

What about Owen.

Thanks for the Explanation(and trees).....The more people tell me how it actually works the more unfair it all looks especially with the Lib Dem losing seats, I may not agree with them on everything but can anyone really say they deserved this?

I actually feel sorry fro Clegg, his performances in the debates were outstanding and he put so much into them one would have thought he would have got at least a few seats +

Don't feel sorry for Clegg. He is in the best position and has the best opportunity of any Liberal leader in most people's lifetime.

If he can forge an alliance with the Tories, taming them somewhat, and it can be sustained with positive economic results, then he can go down as one of the greatest politicians in history.

This is a man with the key to his own destiny.

Well, well, well ..who would have thunk this outcome?!

To me Cameron's speech went further toward some sort of a coalition being forged with the Lib Dems..., rather than just a promise of co-operation.... I'm thinking Cable & Clegg at least with seats on the new cabinet.

Seeing as the (Based on VT anyway) lib Dems seemed to A) not like Cameron , B) not like Tory policies

How would their voters , Supporters and even MP's feel about a pact with the Tory Party ?

Could the Lib Dem MP's revolt if Clegg says yes to Cameron ?

Could it lose the Lib Dems even more voters ?

Can I just say:

Jacqui Smith - GONE

Best result of the night by far...........................

indeed mykey, cant stand that oaf good riddance.

anyone else find that political editor from the BBC quite nerdy and annoying?

Cable & Clegg

Which posts though ?

Worse thing for the country would be to put Cable anywhere near the treasury , despite what the public may think

Cable & Clegg

Which posts those

Worse thing for the country would be to put Cable anywhere near the treasury , despite what the public may think

Well if you think it's bad Tone, it MUST be a good idea. :lol:

Cable & Clegg

Which posts though ?

I think there's a good chance Cable gets some sort of role in the Treasury simply because of the public persona... As for Clegg.. Home secretary at a guess?

Cable & Clegg

Which posts though ?

Vince Cable - PHD in economics and is a lecturer in economics.

George Osborne - Degree in Modern History and a career prior to politics as a data entry clerk.

I think anyone who's not completely mental can see which one is more likely to have a firm handle on that.

anyone else find that political editor from the BBC quite nerdy and annoying

We watched Sky.. everytime switched over got irritated by the Beebs coverage..

However in the end I went to bed....

I think anyone who's not completely mental can see which one is more likely to have a firm handle on that.

you've obviously never seen Cable in action then .. lets just say he dances better than he makes up his mind

you've obviously never seen Cable in action then .. lets just say he dances better than he makes up his mind

Ok then Tony, without using the words "he's" "not" "Alistair" "Darling" "Vince" and "Cable" can you come up with a cohesive reason based on his knowledge and experience that Osborne would make a good chancellor?

Actually, I'll give you "he's" back.

I notice that Alistair Campbell has slithered out of his hole, trying to spin some scare stories to the LD faithful.

The sooner we see the back of him and Mandelson the better.