Jez

If Wenger really wants Cahill I can see Bolton taking him to the cleaners and asking for £20m and I think they would be well within their rights.

If Henderson went for that figure I think they are entitled to ask it for Cahill especially in light of this piss taking offer.

Wenger is in such a weak buying position it is untrue and Bolton could really take advantage.

Absolutely Ash - I suspect that the players agent would not advise an acceptance of that either.

As you say Wenger is royally screwed at the moment re buying and prices. He tried to play clever but it's back fired on him. Unless of course his board would not release funds until they had qualified for chumps league proper and the obscene monies that brings in

Good point. What a bad place to get into though re Arsenal, after so many years champs league and they are still so dependent on the money for one season?

I can see Man Utd totally dicking them this weekend (obviously now put your money on a Arsenal win), and Arsenal really struggling to get into the top 4 this year. Maybe MON can apply for the job :-) or DOL :-)

I'm sure D'OL was watching the game the other night in his Arsenal pj's and polishing up his CV in the hope Wenger got the boot.

Actually Drat Arsenal would be fine for a year or two without the CL money now, they are past that stage in their financial model for paying for the stadium but a couple of years ago it would have seriously hurt them.

DOL was a pundit yes. Awful to hear him again. He had a decent eye for a purchase but was a shit coach and fell out with people so his 'decent eye' was **** all use once he got his claws into them.