Jez

Wouldn't have liked him myself. Think he's a bit overrated and annoyingly inconsistent when I've seen him. That is on limited viewing though.

Also he has admitted that he doesn't like playing football and plays for the money, I always have concerns over a players application when he says something like that.

Meanwhile Coates is going to Liverpool, something like £3m which is a bargain but I have doubts about him. Seen every game he's played for Uruguay and I'd question whether his style would work in this league, especially when he's so inexperienced. A move to Liverpool seems a jump too high right now, and if he was to do well he'd need a Lugano type defender alongside him to guide him.

Wouldn't have liked him myself. Think he's a bit overrated and annoyingly inconsistent when I've seen him. That is on limited viewing though.

Also he has admitted that he doesn't like playing football and plays for the money, I always have concerns over a players application when he says something like that.

Meanwhile Coates is going to Liverpool, something like £3m which is a bargain but I have doubts about him. Seen every game he's played for Uruguay and I'd question whether his style would work in this league, especially when he's so inexperienced. A move to Liverpool seems a jump too high right now, and if he was to do well he'd need a Lugano type defender alongside him to guide him.

but for 2 million you really cant go wrong.

As for Coates Guardian said it was 10-13 million

for a guy thats most of his career hated racism in football this is interesting. I give him 6 months before he thinks Spain and Italy were not so bad in their abuse no matter how much he is paid

but for 2 million you really cant go wrong.

As for Coates Guardian said it was 10-13 million

Oh was it, the source I read from was way off then lol.

If that's the case Liverpool are taking a huge gamble, I would have thought signing Cahill/Dann would have been the better option if they're paying premium prices.

Coates certainly hasn't done anything to warrant a price tag over £10m, despite winning the best youngster award in the Copa America.

s the Guardian revealed last month, scouts from Arsenal, City and Liverpool all monitored the 6ft 6in Coates in Argentina, with Arsenal also believed to have watched the defender playing for his club side Nacional, the champions of Uruguay, a dozen times last season.

Liverpool, however, with the advantage of the Suárez connection, have emerged as Coates's most likely destination in the Premier League and could cost Fenway Sports Group, the club's owners who have already sanctioned a £110m recruitment drive this year, a fee of around £12m.

Coates was linked with a £3.5m transfer to Porto in June following the collapse of a proposed move to the Brazilian side São Paulo but his rise to prominence at the Copa América has since inflated Nacional's asking price. The central defender is one of the most highly rated young players in the game and, despite his lack of experience at international level, his Spanish and British ancestry is likely to assist any application for a work permit.

Liverpool are keen to strengthen their defence, especially after allowing Sotirios Kyrgiakos to join Wolfsburg on a free transfer. The Greece international could be followed out of Anfield by Alberto Aquilani, a target for Milan.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/23/liverpool-craig-bellamy-shock-return

Diarra is really not what Spurs need. they need a forward or they will struggle this year. For me a good forward is difference between them being 4th and 6th

Well they've basically got Adebayor don't they? I expect it to be finalised soon.

Diarra is really not what Spurs need. they need a forward or they will struggle this year. For me a good forward is difference between them being 4th and 6th

As BOF says they have as good as got Adebayor.

Besides I think Diarra is just the sort of player that they need and you don't turn down the chance to sign players like that for that sort of money when they present themselves.

Fantastic signings really.. Diarra especially, still not clear as to why he is leaving the Bernabeu.. I really don't understand why he is claiming he doesn't get games as he was first choice alot of the times and did get games.

Anyway, Diarra has a history of moving on so won't be at Spurs long term imo.

That said Sahin (Who will maybe make his debut tonight :D) , Alonso, Khedira and maybe Gago (if he falls back in back in favour) and Granero and 10000 other players to fit in so it should be fine.

I would've liked Ade back at Madrid too even if it was a loan deal.. seems like Neymar is the player we are after though.

Signing Diarra is a good move. Even if you have a quality player in that position, signing someone else will mean that player will raise their game to stay in the team. If the player has no competition for his place he will get lazy like Angel did.