Jez

I agree with you Qwp but he didn't need to come out and say "It is the dream for every top class footballer to play at a top class club and now I can do that."

Ouch. If he plays on Sunday, I expect Lucas or Gerrard to take a shortcut through one of his knees.

You have to appreciate the fact that English isnt his first language. At worst he is guilty of being ineloquent.

No sorry. There's giving someone the benefit of the doubt and then there's someone knowing precisely what they're saying. He was being 'naughty' :)

Can't remember where I read/heard it but in the last few days, I saw/heard a story whereby they squad always thought Torres' quietness was due to his limited English. For the first year or so they just thought that he was shy about speaking up in English but then for some reason he spoke up about something, spoke very eloquently and they all realised that A. he could speak English perfectly and B. he was an arrogant tosspot who thought himself above everyone else and that's why he never chatted with anyone.

Pinch of salt, obviously, as I'm sure L'pool are trying to soften the blow of him deserting but besmirching his name.

It has emerged that Fernando Torres has confided in close friends of his disappointment that a last minute move to Real Madrid failed, thus causing him to cancel renewing his wedding vows to his wife, Cristiano Ronaldo.

• 1 month later...

There are a lot of conflicting reports about the price, some places are saying €7.6m, some are saying €13m and some others are picking figures between the two.

Spurs put an offer in for him in January, there was speculation he wanted to leave Seville then, and he [Fabiano] put a transfer request in a couple of weeks ago. Reading reports it seems that he just wanted to go home, he is from the state Sao Paulo, his hometown is about 50 miles outside of the city of Sao Paulo. He could have made more money if he had gone to Spurs, but as he said in his statement, not everything is about money (though he will still be earning bloody good money in Brazil).

Is it a good deal? Fabiano is injured for another six weeks meaning he will miss most of what remains of this season, he wants to leave anyway and he will turn 31 a couple of months into next season. I think Sevilla can live with it.

He wanted to leave for the last year and wanted to go Milan or Marseille last summer but I think a move back home for a guy that is still only 31 is a plus for the Brazilian league

Yeah. It's something of a vanity project from the Chechen government it seems. They have Ruud Gullit there as manager of Terek Grozny and a Chechen XI played Brazil last week, the President of Chechnya scored twice(!)

Dont be at all surprised if Chechnya somehow ends up hosting a game or two in the 2018 world cup because, you know, it's more capable than England is.

but he joined Anzhi Makachakala who are a small team but according to WIki(unreliable i know) they have a decent squad and have signed alleged Villa target Mbark Boussoufa as well

Ruud Gullit manages Terek Grozny in the Russian Premier League.

Roberto Carlos plays for Anzhi Makhachkala, also of the Russian Premier League.

Just to clear up any confusion.

but he joined Anzhi Makachakala who are a small team but according to WIki(unreliable i know) they have a decent squad and have signed alleged Villa target Mbark Boussoufa as well

Really? :|

Bloody hell, you're not wrong. Looks like they also splashed the cash on Jucilei, Diego Tardelli and a few others.

I seen a rumour on Twitter last week that Kaka was heading back to Milan, and the fee was pretty much all agreed. It was retweeted by an American journalist from ESPN who said he was not surprised. Nobody else seems to have picked it up though, so I don't know if it has much validity.

Wouldnt surprise me. I have said many times that Kaka isnt the player that he used to be, pace was his biggest asset and he has lost a yard or two through all the injuries he has collected recently. I think Özil now fills the role in the Madrid team that Kaka once did, even if they play in a slightly different position. Is there enough room for another guy who runs at defenders with the ball at his feet before releasing a team mate, or would Madrid be better off selling up and getting Kaka off their payroll?

Ozil is grand, and they have Canales who will be quite brilliant in the not too distant future. Kaka still has a few good years in him, drop him deeper and let him dictate play and have Robinho-Pato-Cassano roaming about in front of him and Milan will have a pretty decent team again.

Prefer if he came to England though, Kaka-Torres would be epic.