Jez

Andy Carroll cost more than David fecking Villa?!!?

Madness!!!

SPARTA!

Again, you dont get what you deserve for a player, you get what you negotiate.

Is David Villa a better player than Andy Carroll? Yes, he is a significantly better player. But David Villa is 29. Andy Carroll is 22. Valencia are €500m in debt and everybody knew they had to sell their two star players (David Villa and David Silva) whereas Newcastle didnt have to sell to balance the books. Barcelona had all summer to line their deal up (in fact they had more than a year, they wanted him in 2009) whereas Liverpool had about a day.

Newcastle could drive a very hard bargain, and they did. Fair play to them.

Been thinking, Torres is one selfish dick isn't he.

I mean we all know footballers these days are mercenaries but something about him all this while just screamed "selfish bastard" to me.

Been thinking, Torres is one selfish dick isn't he.

I mean we all know footballers these days are mercenaries but something about him all this while just screamed "selfish bastard" to me.

How so?

Players move on all the time. Just because Liverpool fans arent used to losing their star players so they cry about it very loudly doesnt make Torres any more or less selfish than he was when he signed for Liverpool from Atletico.

It's a good choice for Torres regardless of what you think of him. He's coming into the prime of his career, he's going to be the main man for Spain if he stays fit as Villa is getting older (although, still bloody good), he wants to win things at club level and Chelsea have a better chance of doing so in the short-medium term.

Selfish, maybe, but he did the right thing.

Chelsea also just showed that despite having a mediocre season, they are still the big boys.

The Rev, I think if he moved ala Alonso i.e. not a Premiership Club, he'd still be held in high regard, however if you read his book and some lines where a captains armband had 'never walk alone', he said he felt attached to Liverpool, plus its the fact he could have asked for a transfer while Hodgson was in charge but waits for Kenny to take charge, scores a few goals and then says he's offski. Seriously Chelsea will win sweet **** all and really should strengthened in other areas, Randy gets attacked for panic buys but Abramovich gets praised even though his manager weren't involved in the deal.

Torres said in the summer he would look to leave if they didn't qualify for the Champions League.

Liverpool are not going to qualify for the Champions League this year.

This has not exactly come out of the blue.. He has not gone against his word.. And I think his reasons are justified. He's also got the buggery scousers 50m.. not exactly leaving them high and dry.

I mean, he's described as one of the best strikers in the World, and he has no major domestic achievement to his name. Can you serioisly say he is likely to fix that at Liverpool?

I agree with you Qwp but he didn't need to come out and say "It is the dream for every top class footballer to play at a top class club and now I can do that."

Ouch. If he plays on Sunday, I expect Lucas or Gerrard to take a shortcut through one of his knees.

I agree with you Qwp but he didn't need to come out and say "It is the dream for every top class footballer to play at a top class club and now I can do that."

Ouch. If he plays on Sunday, I expect Lucas or Gerrard to take a shortcut through one of his knees.

Thought this too.

He was good for Liverpool, but it's not as if they ever mis-treated him.

They were prepared let him go at the first sign of a 'good' bid after they realised he wanted to go, he shouldnt forget this.

Didn't he just blow the dust off his script from 3 years ago and change 'Liverpool' to 'Chelsea'.

I don't think he insulted Atlético when he left them.

You have to appreciate the fact that English isnt his first language. At worst he is guilty of being ineloquent.

some fecking lethal front lines lining up at the top of the prem now...

Man utd - Berba / Roony / Hernandez

Chelsea - Torres / Drogba / Anelka

Man city - Tevez / Dzeko

Arsenal - Chamakh / Van Persie / Walcott

Liverpool - Suarez / Carroll

Carroll is a risky one but all the ingredients are there for him to boss this league, Suarez is one deadly mofo, if he can settle he will be dynamite, i rate him higher than Torres.

You have to appreciate the fact that English isnt his first language. At worst he is guilty of being ineloquent.

No sorry. There's giving someone the benefit of the doubt and then there's someone knowing precisely what they're saying. He was being 'naughty' :)