Jez

Hleb is a quality player, sadly.

Yep and the idea that VDV isn't a major coup for Spurs is just bitterness coming out. If we'd signed either of these two the main board would be doing backflips imo.

This will be the first season we move backwards under Randy.

Look VDV great bit of business by Spurs no bitterness from me, however Hleb, which other clubs were in for him he had a Zigic syndrome of claiming he rejected a few clubs to go to Birmingham, that's written in their contract just claim you've rejected so and so, and then your fans can get all excited! On Stoke, remains to be seen, Pennant was shit at Pompey and Gudjonson has been past it but no doubt they'll beat us if we have KMac in charge! Also on this Chile winger, I originally thought it was the one with coloured boots, who skipped around players only to be told he plays for Udinese so back to the Blues WHO? as for us we have a good squad considering no-one left, and now we are using a squad lol!

Hleb is quality for a team like sha.

Though like CED said, Arsene sold him for a reason and Arsene is very rarely wrong in who he gets rid of.

I thought he ran down his contract and left on a free..... I could be mixing him up with Flamini though

Though like CED said, Arsene sold him for a reason and Arsene is very rarely wrong in who he gets rid of.

I thought he ran down his contract and left on a free..... I could be mixing him up with Flamini though

Hleb left to Barca for a tidy sum IIRC and it was Flamini who left on a free.

Hleb left to Barca for a tidy sum IIRC and it was Flamini who left on a free.

You're right and I'm wrong, he moved for over £11m to Barcelona.

It is just a bit odd though, why would a ~29 year old move from Barcelona to Birmingham City? Why weren't other clubs in for him on a 1 year loan? I'd expect he asked him agent to get him to the best club available.

It is just a bit odd though, why would a ~29 year old move from Barcelona to Birmingham City? Why weren't other clubs in for him on a 1 year loan? I'd expect he asked him agent to get him to the best club available.

1) money - he's a greedy f**ker!

2) a loan suits him better - he'll shine amongst the shit at sha and be a guarenteed starter every week whereas if he went to spudzzz or plop (as he claims he turned down) his starting chances may be more limited and he'd be alongside better players and wouldn't get noticed as much. This move is to showcase himself for a full transfer next summer.

Blackburn refused a work permit for Ivelin Popov due to lack of international appearances, despite being in the Bulgaria squad for a while and having 16 caps. On the other hand, in the past Ivanovic, Fabio and Rafael have got them with ease, despite not having any caps.

Pathetic rule really, if your big four, you just say it's an exceptional talent and they lt you have him, as for the rest of the league we have to abide to the rules. Really needs sorting out.

2) a loan suits him better - he'll shine amongst the shit at sha and be a guarenteed starter every week whereas if he went to spudzzz or plop (as he claims he turned down) his starting chances may be more limited and he'd be alongside better players and wouldn't get noticed as much. This move is to showcase himself for a full transfer next summer.

Money? I highly doubt he's getting more money at Blues than Barca or other places!

Barca want shot of him but whilst he's on loan he'll still be getting his wages (some made up by sha and some from barca).

If the other teams he allegedly turned down were trying to sign him permanently, he'd most likely have to take a cut in wages - hence he's a money grabbing greedy f**ker (IMHO)

Blackburn refused a work permit for Ivelin Popov due to lack of international appearances, despite being in the Bulgaria squad for a while and having 16 caps. On the other hand, in the past Ivanovic, Fabio and Rafael have got them with ease, despite not having any caps.

Pathetic rule really, if your big four, you just say it's an exceptional talent and they lt you have him, as for the rest of the league we have to abide to the rules. Really needs sorting out.

Blackburn have since said that it was nothing to do with a work permit and they pulled out of the deal.

Still, I'm glad there is one less player in the league used to scoring goals against us.