Jez

Cant wait for this season to start. seems redic difficult to predict anybody league position (apart from liverpool finishing 5th).

Title challenge is just going to be awesome. Literally no idea whos going to win and all of the top 4 could win it. Am i missing something with city? The only good signing has been sterling hasnt it? And why havent they got a new manager this year (guess there is nobody really about apart from Ancelotti)? Thought they would be splashing the cash a lot more. Even united team/depth is looking pretty awesome. One or two more signings is needed (well the back four)

Might sound harsh or be my age (grumpy old man syndrome) but I couldn't care less about the title race anymore. Its a closed shop and only a select few will ever win the league again. 

same for me couldnt give a **** about the title race. Same teams challenging makes it boring to watch. If a team like Spurs or Everton could challenge for the title it would make it more interesting

*this is not just England but all the major european leagues*

Chelsea will absolutely piss the title this year imo. Think Arsenal could come second. I actually think Man United will finish ahead of Citeh too...

City have been really poor this window imo. They still need 3 world class players to challenge imo.

If chelseas first 11 keep injury free they will walk the title imo

You think Terry can still perform at the same level week in week out?

Yup, he plays with his head. Think he will have another fantastic season, suits Mourinho's style perfectly.

If chelseas first 11 keep injury free they will walk the title imo

You think Terry can still perform at the same level week in week out?

Yup, he plays with his head. Think he will have another fantastic season, suits Mourinho's style perfectly.

For all his faults as a person he is still one of the best English defenders ever. Was criminal not to take him to the World Cup.

Who will be cover for Chelsea at left back?

Terry is still more than good enough to play against most teams in the league, and against those teams he is likely to be under more pressure (utd, city, arsenal) mourinho will do his usual 2 holding midfielders infront to protect.

Think it will be a lot closer this year with utd getting in their too

even so at least 20-25 games Chelsea could win without Terry so only if he missing the big games then it would be a worry for them. Matic is so good that I could probably play a few games next to Cahill and keep a clean sheet

Chelsea will dip a little this season, 5 points less than what they got last season so feasibily the pack should be closer and challenging.

What I never understand about Chelsea is how few injuries they get throughout their team compared to say Arsenal and Man. United. Their training and recovery must be top notch as from last season their back 4 were never injured and the only games Fabregas and Matic missed were through suspension. Hazard and William also seemed to play every league game and a lot of Carling cup games aswell.

If they pick up a few more injuries this season then it will be interesting as they don't have huge depth in some areas.

Chelsea will dip a little this season, 5 points less than what they got last season so feasibily the pack should be closer and challenging.

What I never understand about Chelsea is how few injuries they get throughout their team compared to say Arsenal and Man. United. Their training and recovery must be top notch as from last season their back 4 were never injured and the only games Fabregas and Matic missed were through suspension. Hazard and William also seemed to play every league game and a lot of Carling cup games aswell.

If they pick up a few more injuries this season then it will be interesting as they don't have huge depth in some areas.

It's a huge part of doing well /winning a league but seems to just be put down to luck.

Arsenal definitely have problems which go beyond luck.

Must be the blood spinning.

i probably still think Chlelsea > Arsenal > city > united. But i think its going to be so close and pretty much down to who gets injured the most.

John terry will be fine. Hes an elite defender when you have to park the bus and mourinho will protect him so much when they have to play a higher line where he becomes shit.
I do not think Chelsea will run as hot with injuries this year and wont walk it as much as last year

City are an odd one. Aguero/silva/sterling/toure is just going to boss so many teams but again, keeping aguero fit will be key.

I think coquillin is going to be huge for arsenal aswell. He was so good last season. So strange to think they was going to get rid of him, had to bring him back from loan because of injuries...and then he was just consistently good+ and destroyed city/us.

yeh i can understand the nonlove for title challenge, but i have a huuuuuuuuge soft spot for arsenal so like to follow. I can see hating it in in spain/germany more though. And liverpool did nearly win it other year :)

Edited by gharperr

If we had a chance of signing Berahino for £20m we'd be mental not too. Give him the service and he'll bang in 20 goals, he's a nuisance player too. Then we sell him for a profit, definitely.

I can see why Spurs might want him. That would be one hell of a forward line.

• Like 1