Jez

As a United fan mate of mine keeps reminding me.  As a fan he literally doesn't give a shit how much a player costs.  If he's the right player for the team then get him in.  It's up to the powers that be to decide whether the fee is right or not.  The only thing that matters to him is the team that gets put out on the field.

Must be nice to not have to think about wages and transfer fees like us poor Villa fans do.

They have it so easy.

Think about it though, even at our lower level.  We moan about players costing 8 or 9 million instead of 4 or 5.  Why the f**kety f**k do we even have those discussions?  Everything the club does at the transfer level is part of their overall plan.  If they're paying a fee for a player it's because it falls into their bigger plan.  As fans, the only thing we should be concerned with is whether the player improves the first team or is going to be a valuable squad member.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree that worrying about the financial health of our football club, which is ultimately what we're doing, is ridiculous. It's different for United, they have so much money that they can just think of a number and offer it for a player. Life isn't like that for us. It wasn't like it for QPR or Portsmouth either. 

I'm sorry, but I can't agree that worrying about the financial health of our football club, which is ultimately what we're doing, is ridiculous. It's different for United, they have so much money that they can just think of a number and offer it for a player. Life isn't like that for us. It wasn't like it for QPR or Portsmouth either.

You missed my point. I never said Villa can't worry about financial health.  I meant the fans shouldn't.  The fee that the club pays for a player is going to be a fee that the club is able to pay, and it will fit in with what they're trying to achieve overall.  Therefore it shouldn't matter a damn to the fans what the fee is.  All that matters to us is if the player is any good.

I think it's more a case of say we could spend £15m on Austin but if we did we couldn't spend £8m on Oulare who even though is young would see us not have to change our style of play dramatically or what not and we'd have another £7m to improve the midfield. I was thinking we'd spent way too much on Darren Bent and I think I was fully justified to worry.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/valencia/transfer-talk/news/valencia-sign-mathew-ryan_234605.html

Valencia have announced the signing of Australian goalkeeper Mathew Ryan on a six-year deal from Club Brugge.

Los Che had been on the lookout for a new stopper this summer following the long-term injury to number one Diego Alves, who will miss a large chunk of next season.

Ryan landed in Spain on Monday to discuss terms, and the deal has now been completed for a figure believed to be in the region of £5m.

"Valencia Football Club have reached an agreement with Belgian side Club Brugge KV to sign Australian international goalkeeper Mathew Ryan on a six-year deal," read a statement on the club's official website.

The 23-year-old, who moved to Brugge from Central Coast Mariners in 2013, represented Australia at the 2014 World Cup.

Ryan had reportedly been a long-term target for Liverpool.

I remember quite a few people saying that we should've been in for this lad.

Did anyone see Mario's tweet?  Trolling Liverpool fans.  Brilliant.

Well done @sterling31 ! Best answer 1f618.png. Keep it up.

Balotelli probably told him how Man City was the greatest club he ever played at ;)

Brilliant tweet

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/valencia/transfer-talk/news/valencia-sign-mathew-ryan_234605.html

Valencia have announced the signing of Australian goalkeeper Mathew Ryan on a six-year deal from Club Brugge.

Los Che had been on the lookout for a new stopper this summer following the long-term injury to number one Diego Alves, who will miss a large chunk of next season.

Ryan landed in Spain on Monday to discuss terms, and the deal has now been completed for a figure believed to be in the region of £5m.

"Valencia Football Club have reached an agreement with Belgian side Club Brugge KV to sign Australian international goalkeeper Mathew Ryan on a six-year deal," read a statement on the club's official website.

The 23-year-old, who moved to Brugge from Central Coast Mariners in 2013, represented Australia at the 2014 World Cup.

Ryan had reportedly been a long-term target for Liverpool.

I remember quite a few people saying that we should've been in for this lad.

Great move for him. who was the last Aussie to play in La Liga, Aloisi?

Everton want 30 mill for Stones

Will be pissed if Chelsea give them that money they can strengthen their entire team yet again

The upside is that it would be Martinez spending it. Maybe go £28m on Shaun Maloney with a couple of 42yr old Center backs as a token gesture with the rest.

Some talk City won't give up on Pogba with the Sheik getting personally involved. He might end up being the highest paid player in the league.

Would love City to sign Pogba and De Bruyne. Then poor Fabian will have **** all chance of getting in the team. Prick.
  • Like 4

im hating wet spam

another club like southampton miles behind us when lerner got here now ahead

technically thats not true. When Lerner arrived West Ham just came off losing an FA Cup final and signed Tevez and Mascherano oh and got bought by some billionaire